Family Roadtrip from Toronto to Washington to South Jersey and back

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-15, 06:02 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Onion
I'm surprised you only drive 65 on highway
I just came back from LA and rented a car there, when i go on highway and drive at 65 the cars behind me keep honking me and give me fingers
Then i decide to let my cousin drives it, he cruised at 83 and cars nearby just keep passing us
In some stretches, the speed limit was a leisurely 55 mph and I usually drive no more than 8-10 mph over and close to spot-on in construction zones. In the entire trip, I never went beyond 74-75 mph in a 65 zone. The NX felt very well-planted and secure while DRCC and LDA/LKA's near-auto-pilot combined functionality took away any strain from the hours-long drive.

Dynamic Radar Cruise Control / Pre-Collision System

Lane Departure Alert / Lane Keep Assist
Old 08-22-15, 09:43 AM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
In some stretches, the speed limit was a leisurely 55 mph and I usually drive no more than 8-10 mph over and close to spot-on in construction zones. In the entire trip, I never went beyond 74-75 mph in a 65 zone. The NX felt very well-planted and secure while DRCC and LDA/LKA's near-auto-pilot combined functionality took away any strain from the hours-long drive.

Dynamic Radar Cruise Control / Pre-Collision System

Lane Departure Alert / Lane Keep Assist
I have a question about Lane Keep Assist, if you no nothing on the road that curves for a long distance, will it continuing to keep you in lane or it will stop after few seconds? Or in another word, is it possible to just turn on DRCC and LKA and it will just keep going on the highway
Old 08-22-15, 11:00 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Onion
I have a question about Lane Keep Assist, if you no nothing on the road that curves for a long distance, will it continuing to keep you in lane or it will stop after few seconds? Or in another word, is it possible to just turn on DRCC and LKA and it will just keep going on the highway
Not the greatest of videos, but here's one I recorded a while back.

In short, after several seconds of letting go of the wheel, the system will detect no resistance from the driver and keep beeping and displaying for you to hold the steering wheel. I've tried it handsfree for less than a minute and although it will maintain you within the boundaries of the lane (even a broad curve), it's not intended to be a self-driving system. It would be distracting to the drivers seeing the NX sway from left to right. They'll call you in on impaired driving!
Old 08-22-15, 09:06 PM
USALV
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrived in Washington!

Calm drivers, with the exception of the Scion tC who cut me off at over 40 mph inches from hitting me. Texas plate, not DC though.

Arrived at the hotel!

Parked indoors, secure parking.
Nice wheels
Old 08-22-15, 09:15 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corrado, next time you're in NJ, hit me up! We'll throw a quick NELOC get together!
Old 08-23-15, 04:36 PM
CaptainAir
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What beautiful rims you have on your NX! I also like the color combo. Glad you enjoyed your trip and made it back home safely.
Old 08-23-15, 05:13 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Thanks guys.

Nabbun, will keep the meet in mind next time!
Old 09-04-15, 10:42 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Looked like an awesome trip! How many miles did you put onto the car total? Overall impressions?

(That stealth bomber though!)

-Josh
Old 09-05-15, 04:42 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Looked like an awesome trip! How many miles did you put onto the car total? Overall impressions?

(That stealth bomber though!)

-Josh
Was a great trip, enhanced, thanks to the NX! It's definitely an excellent road trip vehicle, comfortable with stable sporty handling, fuel efficient, good cargo, and of course it's a looker. You just feel so great driving this car. Every mile of the 1200 miles was a total pleasure whether on the highway or in city streets.

If only I could have Darth NX pose beside that Stealth Bomber - would make for such a picture!
Old 09-05-15, 07:34 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Was a great trip, enhanced, thanks to the NX! It's definitely an excellent road trip vehicle, comfortable with stable sporty handling, fuel efficient, good cargo, and of course it's a looker. You just feel so great driving this car. Every mile of the 1200 miles was a total pleasure whether on the highway or in city streets.
Could you send those comments to CR? Doesn't sound like the worst vehicle of 2015