NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Family Roadtrip from Toronto to Washington to South Jersey and back

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-15, 10:19 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Great pics ! I went on a day trip to NC yesterday, and not one NX on the road going or coming back to VA.
That red one in your pic has a Kia close behind it....hope the NX doesn't loose part of the rear end if the Kia tries to leave first ...
Thanks. I got a tonne more, but will have to show some restraint. it might be brendaman's car??? See below.

Originally Posted by phatm3
Long drive. What was your average gas milage?
Not bad at 24.5 mpg (9.6 L/100km) considering the high-rolling resistance from my 265 width tires and some mountainous roads.

Originally Posted by brendaman
Thought that Matador Red was my car, then I realized I didn't drive it to work yesterday, and I wasn't playing hooky from work, hanging out at the Smithsonian Mall area. Most of the NX I see in the DC area are Nebula Gray and the Silvers.

And if you see calm DC driving, it's an exception, tourist or someone on medication.
Ahh, could be the folks from the surrounding states.

I actually am a day late posting so it is your NX if you have this bike rack???

Old 07-30-15, 11:05 AM
brendaman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Ahh, could be the folks from the surrounding states.

I actually am a day late posting so it is your NX if you have this bike rack???
Nope, don't have a bike rack, but thanks for posting. Now I can see what my car would look like with a bike rack. Wonder what brand that is?

BTW, Lexus is sponsoring the CitiOpen tennis tournament, which starts this weekend. Hoping to see lots of NX operating as official vehicles. They usually use the RXs to limo the players around. If you're still around DC, you'll probably see them.
Old 07-30-15, 11:32 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

It'd be funny if Corrado got up close to take pictures of the bike rack and hitch as the owner came up. "What are you doing?" Then at the end, the owner says "Oh! You're Corrado? I'm on CL too!"
Old 07-30-15, 12:02 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Ahh, would have been sweet if it were yours. It's too bad I'm already in Jersey, which reminds me, I need to post more picks. WiFi is flaky here making this a challenge.
Old 07-30-15, 01:23 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default At the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Smithsonian Museum

This place was worth the detour we did on our way to Jersey. To see these airplanes and shuttle in person was surreal.

Darth NX posing in front of the Smithsonian.

To think this machine repeatedly went to space... WOW

This is stance!

This Tomcat fighter looks fast standing still.

The infamous blackbird stealth bomber looks even more ominous in person. Note shuttle in background perfectly aligned.
Old 07-30-15, 03:44 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

These pics are awesome...amazing history you have shared ! Darth always finds the perfect parking space too ! Lexy does the same thing LOL
Old 07-30-15, 04:47 PM
NX200Pilot
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for sharing the pictures from the Smithsonian's Udvar-Hazy center. I am looking forward to seeing those awesome displays with the family, hopefully this weekend.

'Would have been nice if we had the opportunity for a quick NX meet with other CL members in the "D.M.V." area, and for me to see THE Darth NX in person!

Enjoy the rest of your road trip and safe travels!
Old 07-30-15, 07:56 PM
brendaman
Driver School Candidate

Yes, thanks for snaring the pics! The Udvar-Hazy Air & Space is one of my fav Smithsonian museums. Like it so much better than the one downtown. Did you ride the F4 Simulator? So much fun, if you don't get motion sickness, as they really do 360s.
Old 07-31-15, 05:59 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Ronn1
These pics are awesome...amazing history you have shared ! Darth always finds the perfect parking space too ! Lexy does the same thing LOL
Thanks. Like I'm sure many of us here, we try to park in a spot where the risk of a door ding is minimized!

Originally Posted by NX200Pilot
Thanks for sharing the pictures from the Smithsonian's Udvar-Hazy center. I am looking forward to seeing those awesome displays with the family, hopefully this weekend.

'Would have been nice if we had the opportunity for a quick NX meet with other CL members in the "D.M.V." area, and for me to see THE Darth NX in person!

Enjoy the rest of your road trip and safe travels!
Agree. I met a fellow CL mod last year in Jersey. We had a great time.

Originally Posted by brendaman
Yes, thanks for snaring the pics! The Udvar-Hazy Air & Space is one of my fav Smithsonian museums. Like it so much better than the one downtown. Did you ride the F4 Simulator? So much fun, if you don't get motion sickness, as they really do 360s.
Yeah, this was a highlight of our trip. We plan on coming back next year and not rush through it.
Old 07-31-15, 06:16 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default Onto New Jersey

Heading to New Jersey...

Some traffic getting out of DC. Dark clouds up ahead...

When it rains, it pours in the east coast. Moments later, we were driving at 35 mph, with full headlights on so drivers at back can see DarthNX's glowing red "L"s .

Clear skies just a few minutes after the downpour. Back to highway speeds.

Arrived at our hotel in Wildwood, NJ. Us Lexus folks like to park together at the ends, of course!
Old 07-31-15, 07:09 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

Heading to New Jersey...

Some traffic getting out of DC. Dark clouds up ahead...

When it rains, it pours in the east coast. Moments later, we were driving at 35 mph, with full headlights on so drivers at back can see DarthNX's glowing red "L"s .

Clear skies just a few minutes after the downpour. Back to highway speeds.

Arrived at our hotel in Wildwood, NJ. Us Lexus folks like to park together at the ends, of course!
Nice pictures and trip, CorradoMR2.

Your NX looks great and clean in the photos! The last one where your NX is parked together at the ends looks interesting. I would also have manually folded the mirrors. :P
Old 07-31-15, 08:01 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^Yeah good point AndyL, I should fold the mirrors since these spots are tight!
Old 08-01-15, 06:01 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default Enjoying Jersey Beach and Boardwalk

Darth NX hiding in the corner.

Expansive beach and boardwalk.

200 yard walk across the sand to hit the water, yikes! Thankfully, the beach is clean.

Rear view of the Convention Center. Harlem Globetrotters and clothing sale the current attractions.

Shot from inside hotel room. The Optima looks pretty good too.

Huge 2 mile boardwalk, with arcades, rides, clothing stores, pizza shops, candy and fudge stores...
Old 08-01-15, 06:26 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Great pics ! Never been there. Pizza and fudge sounds mighty fine, so have some for all of us here at the club. Enjoy !!
Old 08-01-15, 07:01 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks for the boardwalk pics. I used to stay on the Ocean City, MD boardwalk for years but never been to the Jersey shore. Boardwalk looks very similar with similar shops. By the way that beach is huge.

Quick Reply: Family Roadtrip from Toronto to Washington to South Jersey and back