NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Any NX owners perhaps switching to new RX ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 07:42 AM
Philweezer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Some great post here ! Keep them coming !!
I do agree that the new RDX will be the biggest competition for the NX. I went by the Acura dealership , and they have a loaded 2016 RDX for 44,500. I did not drive it at this time. I haven't done the math, but a loaded F Sport with everything would be around 50, 000. at this point I think ?
While I found the RDX to have some great looks, especially not having the black trim around the wheel arches, it still looks like many other SUV's out there. The interior has the two screen deal, which I didn't really like when I tried a MDX a few years back.
I took a day trip yesterday, and I must say once again how much fun the NX is to drive. I also got 27.5 which is about the best yet with mileage. The thing I love about the NX is there is no other SUV, CUV that looks like it . Heck, in my area of VA, I have yet to see another one, so I feel as though I'm from outter space LOL . I did get very spoiled with my past few SUVs that had more equipment , and I regret not ordering a fully loaded NX. This is my first time with Lexus, and I can say the quality and fit and finish, and CUSTOMER SERVICE will likely keep me a long time Lexus owner. The only drawback is the nearest dealer is over 2 hours away. To compare with Acura, I have never read great news about their customer service. Customer service is of up-most importance to me.
I will just need to decide if I want to trade up for a fully loaded NX, or try out the new RX which is really too big for me.I know I would loose my butt to trade in a 2015 NX right now for a loaded one or RX,RDX. For now I am very happy with what I have. Wonder if the new RX will be as fun to drive as the NX ? The past RX's I have tried have not been .
I'm a new NX owner but I want to comment on Acura service. Prior to the NX, I owned a new 02 RSX. And for my 13 years of owning the car living in 4 cities (Palm Beach Gardens and Jacksonville, FL, Denver, CO, and Nashville, TN), their service was great and I had no issues with them.
Old 07-27-15, 07:56 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Philweezer
I'm a new NX owner but I want to comment on Acura service. Prior to the NX, I owned a new 02 RSX. And for my 13 years of owning the car living in 4 cities (Palm Beach Gardens and Jacksonville, FL, Denver, CO, and Nashville, TN), their service was great and I had no issues with them.
Always good to hear about great service ! And by the way, I love Nashville ! Enjoy your NX...ready to get out and about with mine as well.
Old 07-27-15, 08:32 AM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Philweezer
I currently own both brands. I think service experience is really is up to the dealership more then the manufacturer. I live in the city and the local Acura and Lexus dealerships are owned by the same dealer. The service is very subpar and it feels like they try to avoid helping you. So many excuses. Also just trying to get a loaner car is a struggle. Take a drive to the suburbs and the Acura and Lexus dealerships out there will actually work very hard to make the customer happy. They offer 2 years complimentary maintenance service on every new car purchase. They also give you a loaner car of your choice with any service.
Old 07-27-15, 03:18 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
I currently own both brands. I think service experience is really is up to the dealership more then the manufacturer. I live in the city and the local Acura and Lexus dealerships are owned by the same dealer. The service is very subpar and it feels like they try to avoid helping you. So many excuses. Also just trying to get a loaner car is a struggle. Take a drive to the suburbs and the Acura and Lexus dealerships out there will actually work very hard to make the customer happy. They offer 2 years complimentary maintenance service on every new car purchase. They also give you a loaner car of your choice with any service.
Wow,that's the first I have heard about Lexus dealerships being so hard to deal with..you know Lexus prides themselves by offering a loaner...that's one important reason I chose Lexus as so many do not offer loaners anymore.
Old 07-28-15, 06:10 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus dealers here don't offer loaners on normal maintenance services anymore. They offer one for warranty work scheduled to take more than 4 hours. If less than 4 hours, they offer shuttle service, on site accommodation (wi-fi, small business center, waiting room with tv, coffee etc) or rental car.
Old 07-28-15, 06:14 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Lexus dealers here don't offer loaners on normal maintenance services anymore. They offer one for warranty work scheduled to take more than 4 hours. If less than 4 hours, they offer shuttle service, on site accommodation (wi-fi, small business center, waiting room with tv, coffee etc) or rental car.
My dealer offered me a loaner when I had my body side moldings and splash guards installed at my [free] 5K service. I declined and simply waited in their very nice facility.
Old 07-29-15, 03:36 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They offer one for warranty work scheduled to take more than 4 hours.
I was told that we get one if its longer than 2 hours. I assumed it was an overall nationwide Lexus "policy" type thing.
Old 07-29-15, 05:50 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D4V1D
I was told that we get one if its longer than 2 hours. I assumed it was an overall nationwide Lexus "policy" type thing.
Lexus Canada vs Lexus US and I believe Hawaii is part of yet another Lexus/Toyota distribution subsidiary. I'm in Canada.

Regional dealers also get together to form regional dealer's associations to supposedly share marketing/advertising and run common promotions or align their standard offerings (service plans, dealer options to include in the "freight and pre-delivery inspection fee", etc). They also set minimum advertised prices (MAP), even if they can sell for whatever price they want once the customer walks in the door.

In a very competitive market where there are many dealers (not owned by the same ownership groups), they do a lot more to earn your business. Here, there are very few dealers (8 to cover the GTA area representing 8million people around the western edge of lake Ontario). Most of the dealers are owned by ownership groups that own multiple Toyota and Lexus dealers too.

Last edited by My0gr81; 07-29-15 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-29-15, 06:36 AM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hmm maybe that's why it was so difficult to get a loaner car. The Service Advisor with told me that they only offer a loaner car for "major" service. But is seems more like upon the Service Advisor's discretion.

However, the dealership group that is 30 min away does offer a loaner car for any service if you purchase from them.

Regional dealers also get together to form regional dealer's associations to supposedly share marketing/advertising and run common promotions or align their standard offerings (service plans, dealer options to include in the "freight and pre-delivery inspection fee", etc). They also set minimum advertised prices (MAP), even if they can sell for whatever price they want once the customer walks in the door.

In a very competitive market where there are many dealers (not owned by the same ownership groups), they do a lot more to earn your business. Here, there are very few dealers (8 to cover the GTA area representing 8million people around the western edge of lake Ontario). Most of the dealers are owned by ownership groups that own multiple Toyota and Lexus dealers too.
Indeed, that is why in my region you will not find Triple beam headlights, Lane departure, or Pre-collision warning as part of any NX on the dealer lots. You have to special order those options.

Also, where I live the local Lexus dealer is part of a large dealership group that also sells Toyota, Honda, Acura, Hyundai, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Mazda, Mercedes, VW, Nissan.

Last edited by CybrRdr; 07-29-15 at 06:39 AM.
Old 07-31-15, 07:03 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

In the Ontario dealership I am going, there is no difference between a loaner and a rental car. Every time when a loaner/rental car is given out, I am told that Lexus Canada only covers the cost of the rental and there is no LDW or insurance coverage.

Recently I had a warranty work done and the same type of treatment regarding the loaner/rental car was given.
Old 08-03-15, 02:57 PM
BENZ2LEXUS
Driver School Candidate

Default to Ronn1

To Ronn1:
Regarding your statement,
"I will just need to decide if I want to trade up for a fully loaded NX, or try out the new RX which is really too big for me."
I have the same thought!! what options you wish you have? for me, i want the triple beam led (which i thought i have before driving off the dealership lot) and PCS (which no one dealership has in SoCal except custom order) i went to the dealer to talk about this the previous weekend, the advice is: since the factory will stop taking orders for 2015, wait for the 2016 model which will be placed in August-September period, the dealer will order me one with the options i want. You are right that we will lose some (a lot actually) hard earned cash for this move. for me, i have to pay the sales tax twice No trade in credit in CA. Seriously thinking about this..........

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Some great post here ! Keep them coming !!
I do agree that the new RDX will be the biggest competition for the NX. I went by the Acura dealership , and they have a loaded 2016 RDX for 44,500. I did not drive it at this time. I haven't done the math, but a loaded F Sport with everything would be around 50, 000. at this point I think ?
While I found the RDX to have some great looks, especially not having the black trim around the wheel arches, it still looks like many other SUV's out there. The interior has the two screen deal, which I didn't really like when I tried a MDX a few years back.
I took a day trip yesterday, and I must say once again how much fun the NX is to drive. I also got 27.5 which is about the best yet with mileage. The thing I love about the NX is there is no other SUV, CUV that looks like it . Heck, in my area of VA, I have yet to see another one, so I feel as though I'm from outter space LOL . I did get very spoiled with my past few SUVs that had more equipment , and I regret not ordering a fully loaded NX. This is my first time with Lexus, and I can say the quality and fit and finish, and CUSTOMER SERVICE will likely keep me a long time Lexus owner. The only drawback is the nearest dealer is over 2 hours away. To compare with Acura, I have never read great news about their customer service. Customer service is of up-most importance to me.
I will just need to decide if I want to trade up for a fully loaded NX, or try out the new RX which is really too big for me.I know I would loose my butt to trade in a 2015 NX right now for a loaded one or RX,RDX. For now I am very happy with what I have. Wonder if the new RX will be as fun to drive as the NX ? The past RX's I have tried have not been .
Old 08-03-15, 05:35 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BENZ2LEXUS
To Ronn1:
Regarding your statement,
"I will just need to decide if I want to trade up for a fully loaded NX, or try out the new RX which is really too big for me."
I have the same thought!! what options you wish you have? for me, i want the triple beam led (which i thought i have before driving off the dealership lot) and PCS (which no one dealership has in SoCal except custom order) i went to the dealer to talk about this the previous weekend, the advice is: since the factory will stop taking orders for 2015, wait for the 2016 model which will be placed in August-September period, the dealer will order me one with the options i want. You are right that we will lose some (a lot actually) hard earned cash for this move. for me, i have to pay the sales tax twice No trade in credit in CA. Seriously thinking about this..........
I have the triple beams...they are awesome ! I regret not getting the Power lift gate, and I miss the pre collision stuff......The new RX is going to have more tech in a nice package available...I will least have a look and a test drive. Also, I miss ventilated seats which aren't available in the F sport...maybe they will later. I guess these are the things I got spoiled with in my last few SUV's , but I do miss them.
Old 08-03-15, 08:48 PM
BENZ2LEXUS
Driver School Candidate

Ronn1, yes the triple beam led is pretty, i agree, I tried 'very hard' to get it but unsuccessful (see my post #11
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ht-myself.html )
now thinking to trade in my current NX to get a new one that has it... is like paying $1160 option X 10 the cost... PCS is negligible but for safety reason and $900 extra, no reason to not get it.

Your post (about trading in ) gives me some hope that I could buy it from you, LOL! Sure better than buying a new one (costly). Silver is my second choice after USB. Please post on this board before selling, if you decided.

This is my first Lexus purchase, those "individual options" (beside package options) caught me off guard, if didn't read about them from the brochure or online like the Lexus website or this Board. MDX with Acura Watch and Tech package, or my Odyssey Elite model basically include every options, don't need to study option by option (very pissed off when thinking about it...)
Old 08-05-15, 08:49 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel the same way. I don't think it would be possible to fit the 2016 RX in my garage. Even my 2010 RX feels a little large for me. I liked the size of my 2007 RX. The NX is such a looker, especially in the F-Sport trim, but it's missing a lot of the features that I don't want to give up that are on my RX; i.e., auto-high beams, rains-sensing wipers. When I try and build an NX for the Tampa, FL area, it seems you can't build this vehicle with the options that I want. I know you guys in Canada can get all of those goodies, but here in the U.S., we're out of luck. The only other vehicle that comes close with the features to my RX plus even more features that I like is the Grand Cherokee Overland, and I'm scared of the reliability of that vehicle. It looks like I'll be driving my '10 RX for quite a while!
Old 08-06-15, 08:52 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive driven the NX and looking forward to driving the new RX.

Cant say i'd ever buy the NX though, the 300h is too slow (deadly slow I may add) and the 200t is only available in F-Sport trim with no ML or HUD available which I WANT!

I also think the new RX even makes the NX look a bit older and of course, RX will have much more presence than an NX on the road. I prefer the interior of the RX too - more elegant IMO

In the UK all the safety systems are standard across the board along with the 12" screen so that'll be great too. Im worried about the size but hey ho, it still has 235/55 tyres so I dont need to worry about kerbs too much!

Quick Reply: Any NX owners perhaps switching to new RX ?