NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Swacer? Please check in

Old 07-13-15, 04:41 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Swacer? Please check in

Ha Ha Ha, couldn't resist, as soon as I saw it, you were the first one that came to mind.

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/w...nds-new-lexus/
Old 07-13-15, 06:15 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Bahahahahahahahahahahahah

What can I say....must have really pissed off the wife. Hahahah
Old 07-13-15, 06:22 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

If the IS was a 350 AWD...
Old 07-14-15, 11:02 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe if I'm lucky, she'll destroy the Camaro and I'll "have" to get an RC-F.
Old 07-14-15, 04:06 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Speaking of which, anyone know anyone personally with an RC-F?

Being that I"m "preparing" to invest in a major engine teardown on the camaro in spring of 2016 (and by camming, gearing, and new manifold, its going to be a KEEPER and no longer a selling option), I felt it would be best to see if that money should be put instead into a different car and trade the camaro.

I have loved the RC-F since the day I saw it. The only concern I have is that it is a Toyota ECU, which means that modding is down to a minimum. 467hp won't be nearly enough for me lol.

Anyone know someone personally that woudln't mind answering a few questions for me? And yes, I plan to go onto the RC-F threads and ask questions, but I thought I would start here?

Last edited by Swacer; 07-14-15 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-14-15, 04:28 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Putting in a cam and installing a manifold is not a major engine teardown on a LS3. Even removing the heads isn't a big deal and can be done in a couple of hours, the longest part being that you have to clean up the old gasket material and not get anything into the thread area. Same thing for a cam, it's just tedious because you have to remove stuff to get to the cam.
I'd honestly get something else or boost the car, since 5th gens are not the best mod platforms due to their outrageous weight.
Old 07-14-15, 04:40 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NickTee
Putting in a cam and installing a manifold is not a major engine teardown on a LS3. Even removing the heads isn't a big deal and can be done in a couple of hours, the longest part being that you have to clean up the old gasket material and not get anything into the thread area. Same thing for a cam, it's just tedious because you have to remove stuff to get to the cam.
I'd honestly get something else or boost the car, since 5th gens are not the best mod platforms due to their outrageous weight.
The work I'm going to do would be a cam (all supporting parts), 3.91 gears with new diff, and new manifold. The goals would put the car ~515rwhp. It will all be professionally installed and tuned.

And for the weight, the RC-F is the same type of pig lol
Old 07-14-15, 04:48 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Swacer
The work I'm going to do would be a cam (all supporting parts), 3.91 gears with new diff, and new manifold. The goals would put the car ~515rwhp. It will all be professionally installed and tuned.

And for the weight, the RC-F is the same type of pig lol
You're not going to be getting anywhere close to 515 rwhp with only an intake, cam, and gears unless you're on an inflated dyno. Those are head, cam, intake numbers. It'll probably be close to 480-490. Even if you do hit 515rwhp, your car won't run like a 515rwhp car. There was a guy on tech with like 517rwhp with only a cam on his LS3 C6, but his results weren't that of a 520rwhp car.
Old 07-14-15, 05:28 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

You're not going to be getting anywhere close to 515 rwhp with only an intake, cam, and gears unless you're on an inflated dyno. Those are head, cam, intake numbers. It'll probably be close to 480-490. Even if you do hit 515rwhp, your car won't run like a 515rwhp car. There was a guy on tech with like 517rwhp with only a cam on his LS3 C6, but his results weren't that of a 520rwhp car.
Ok we are getting off topic here. RC-F, anyone know someone with one?
Old 07-14-15, 05:38 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Swacer
Ok we are getting off topic here. RC-F, anyone know someone with one?
That's also offtopic from the original thread topic. Just saying, don't expect a real 515rwhp out of a cam and intake.
Old 07-14-15, 06:14 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

That's also offtopic from the original thread topic. Just saying, don't expect a real 515rwhp out of a cam and intake.
Except the thread was mine to change (thread has my name in it)

And I trust an engine builder over a forum guy
Old 07-14-15, 08:07 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tag, you're it. Your own thread with your name on it, so you can discuss whatever you want and change topic as you see fit.
Old 07-15-15, 03:42 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Tag, you're it. Your own thread with your name on it, so you can discuss whatever you want and change topic as you see fit.
lol thanks Otherwise I'll have to take my ball and go home lol
Old 07-15-15, 04:53 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Ok ok guys, "someone's" thread does not make it one to talk about anything. It should still stay on topic.

Granted, this thread is a whacky one anyway so as long as it remains professional within the realm of cars, it can have a long life.

Swacer - GT-R possibly out then?
Old 07-15-15, 05:26 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Ok ok guys, "someone's" thread does not make it one to talk about anything. It should still stay on topic.

Granted, this thread is a whacky one anyway so as long as it remains professional within the realm of cars, it can have a long life.

Swacer - GT-R possibly out then?
HAHA

To be entirely honest, I don't know. I've wanted a GT-R since I first test drove one in 2009. The car has been my dream car. However, I wouldn't JUST have a GT-R, it would be a second toy lol

In 2011, I nearly ordered an IS-F from my local dealer, but decided against it and ordered the Camaro months later. Now, I have loved the RC-F since the day I saw it.

Like I said, I'm at the huge stepping stone on what to do with the Camaro, and I feel it is in my best interest to explore all options before moving forward. I just dont' want to spend the money on the Camaro and then think to myself "well crap....with all that money I could have done X instead". So I want to eliminate all the Xs lol

My attraction to the RC-F is the tech curve and the advancement in motor design/interior design. I am a tech geek and those things attract me like a moth to a light. My concern is the modability. I looked at an IS-F a year or so back and was pushed way because it was only 416hp and had little flexibility for mechanical mods to increase overall power. Now the RC-F is a different motor, different setup, and the mod market is just beginning. So I'm wondering, will it have the modablity to allow me to put headers/exhaust/intake/throttle body ect, or will I have my hands tied?

I talked to our salesman (who sold us the IS and NX), and he is going to let me take an RC-F out for a test drive on Friday. I will probably run it through the modes and see if I can get the "feel" I am looking for out of the RC-F that I get from the Camaro. Can I get that muscle car feel? Or does the refined feel of the car make up for that? Can I get it to just light the tires if I play on the road correctly? And overall, does it just give that "permagrin" that one looks for in a performance car? If it doesn't....then I have my decision already made. If it does...well...going to have a lot ot think about. I wouldn't be in any rush. Given the first year groans I've heard from the RC-F forum with fuel pumps, spoiler issues, and engine cutoff issues, I would wait until MY16 before considering anything which would be sometime next year.

As for the GT-R....it won't kill it off, but simply knock it back a few extra years. I would end up buying one used anyways, so just means the used prices will be lower lol

Last edited by Swacer; 07-15-15 at 05:32 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swacer? Please check in