Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 09:53 AM
catchtanya
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Blind Spot Issue

Got this lovely error today....

3100 miles on the car...

This is after fighting with them about front end shaking (turns out it was faulty tires)
Attached Thumbnails Blind Spot Issue-img_5632.jpg  
Old 07-08-15, 10:45 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That might not be too bad. The sensors are in the bumper, so just pulling the clip and swapping the sensors shouldn't take more than an hour.
Old 07-11-15, 06:26 PM
rumpletzer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There you are! I've been waiting for you to show up...

It was Easter weekend, and I had less than 400 miles on the care when it first happened. There would be a loud "bing" and something would flash in the instrument cluster, but it was gone too quickly for me to catch it. The yellow yield symbol would pop up, and the BSM warning on my passenger side-view mirror would turn on.

It would do this even if I was sitting in my driveway (car not moving). I took video, and the flashing error said "Blind Spot Monitor Unavailable". It went came and went all weekend, and the semi-permanent "Visit Your Dealer" error eventually came up.

I took it to the dealership on the following Friday. I told them what was happening and showed the video. It wasn't doing it that day, and they couldn't reproduce the problem. I sat around for 3 hours and all they did was confirm that the error was occurring (in the history) and they "reset the computer".

The error started up again as I was driving home.

I made an appointment the following week, they gave me a loaner, and they kept it for two days. They could see that the error had occurred after the computer reset, but they couldn't reproduce it. As stated above, the sensors are in the rear bumper. They took them out and swapped them from: right to left and left to right.

The original error was happening on the passenger side. If it continued to happen on the passenger side, then it's the wiring on that side. If the problem moved to the driver side, then it's the sensor and they'll replace it.

I picked up my car after two days, and the errors started as I was driving to work. Then nothing... for about a month. Then errors for my entire drive downtown. Then nothing... for about a month. Then yesterday it starts with the errors again while driving home. But I've made about ten drives since then, and I've had no errors.

I can't figure out if it's moved to the driver side because it's not doing the single "bing" thing. The three times since they swapped the sensors, it has gone straight to the "Visit Your Dealer" error. I've not been back to the dealer because it's been so intermittent, and I'm not sure what to tell them yet. I think it'll become clear at some point... or enough other people will pop up that I won't have to be the guinea pig anymore. My dealership has been upfront with the fact that they've not seen this before, and they're having to deal with the mother ship when working on it.

I'm at about 1600 miles on my car, and the problem came up before I had 400 miles. I think that others will be surfacing if we give it a little time.

So, yeah... good luck with that.
Old 07-14-15, 01:06 PM
catchtanya
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well they fixed the master module which is behind the bumper on the left. I drove it home and *knock on wood* no issues yet.