suspension issue in NX F sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 05:42 AM
Volcano82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy suspension issue in NX F sport

Hi Guys,

first thread here in the site and i hopesomeone could advise.
i have issue with my NX F sport with is inthe suspension as they said in service center after they checked the car andthey said it's common issue in some other NX as well and they are waiting thesolution from Japan.

the issue is whenever i cross any humpthere will be a sound like a (tick) and the car not vibrating as it shouldbe!! i don't know how to explain it.

it's only happened whenever i cross humps.

anyone have or face same issue??

Old 07-08-15, 05:41 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean to say that there is no suspension travel over a bump and you hear and feel a thump?

Do you have AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension). If you're not sure, you have it if your drive selector **** has the Sport S/S+ option.

In any case, I have AVS and don't have any issues with my suspension. It's possible if you have AVS that one sensor or damper has an issue stiffening up the damper preventing suspension travel. Hope it works out for you.
Old 07-09-15, 12:58 AM
Volcano82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean to say that there is no suspension travel over a bump and you hear and feel a thump?

Do you have AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension). If you're not sure, you have it if your drive selector **** has the Sport S/S+ option.

In any case, I have AVS and don't have any issues with my suspension. It's possible if you have AVS that one sensor or damper has an issue stiffening up the damper preventing suspension travel. Hope it works out for you.
exactly ((no suspension travel over a bump and you hear and feel a thump)).
it's really annoying.
I have AVS as I read in the car specs.
as you said, maybe the problem with the [one sensor or damper has an issue stiffening up the damper preventing suspension travel]. because the manage of the service center told me the issue is with the active of the suspension it didn't work on time (immediately).

I'm still waiting the solution.

thanks for your reply. appreciate.
Old 07-09-15, 06:17 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a similar issue. If I go over a bump a little bit faster than normal, I will hear and feel an awful thump, but its not as I impact the hump or the road after the hump. Surprisingly, its when the suspension extends. It kinda feels as though there is no extension damping and its extending to its maximum immediately and hitting the end of its travel hard.

This only happens to the front and not the rear.
Old 07-10-15, 10:17 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by legrunt
I have a similar issue. If I go over a bump a little bit faster than normal, I will hear and feel an awful thump, but its not as I impact the hump or the road after the hump. Surprisingly, its when the suspension extends. It kinda feels as though there is no extension damping and its extending to its maximum immediately and hitting the end of its travel hard.

You must also have AVS. I can relate to that exact situation with my car (also has AVS). I get that over certain "pointier" speed bumps on a neighboring street BUT at lower speed, say around 20 km/hr. Surprisingly though, if I go more quickly 40-45 km/hr, the compression, extension, and overall squat/ control is impressive. You feel the speed bump, but it's far from harsh and much smoother than at a lower speed.
Old 07-10-15, 08:24 PM
Volcano82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by legrunt

Yeah its the same issue i have.
Did you checked it with the dealer?

Im going now to the service center as i have car service and will see what new update about the isseu.
Old 07-13-15, 12:54 AM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

corradoMR2, thats strange. If I go fast enough to hear that thump, the faster I go, the worse it is. I went over a dip in a highway once, at highway speeds, it felt like an explosion under me....

Volcano82, I haven't checked with the dealer yet, will do so when I send my car in for the ABS actuator recall...
Do let me know how it goes with yours...
Old 07-13-15, 02:19 AM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got an F-Sport on order for delivery at the end of this month. I'm very curious to find out what other F-Sport owners who have experienced this problem are hearing from their Lexus Dealer's service department.
Old 07-13-15, 04:28 AM
danes
Driver School Candidate

Same issue here, whenever going over a bump at the speed of 30-40 I can hear a thump sound underneath, but when going over it slowly it disappears. Will have it checked at the end of the month at the dealer.

Last edited by danes; 07-13-15 at 04:31 AM.
Old 07-13-15, 04:30 AM
danes
Driver School Candidate

When you have the sports+ mode does it mean you have AVS? When does AVS become active is it when you activate sports+?
Old 07-13-15, 06:03 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by danes
When you have the sports+ mode does it mean you have AVS? When does AVS become active is it when you activate sports+?

By having the label Sport S+ on your Drive Selector means that your car is equipped with AVS.

AVS is always operational to optimize comfort and minimize body motions in all modes Eco, Normal, Sport S, Sport S+ by continuously adjusting damping force from the shocks/dampers. However, when in Sport S+, the dampening stiffens a little more for even flatter sportier cornering/handling.

As for all the posts above, I'm starting to wonder if the behavior is as engineered. Those that get it checked out, keep us posted.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-13-15 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-02-15, 01:26 AM
akkidy
Driver School Candidate

I can't seem to find AVS as an option individually or with a package from Lexus website. Is this only available in Canada for the NX? I just took delivery of my Silver F-Sport NX last Friday and realized that it didn't come with AVS. I really thought that the F-Sport suspension tuning was the Sport+ which I had on the GS350 F-Sport.
Old 08-03-15, 06:57 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by akkidy
I can't seem to find AVS as an option individually or with a package from Lexus website. Is this only available in Canada for the NX? I just took delivery of my Silver F-Sport NX last Friday and realized that it didn't come with AVS. I really thought that the F-Sport suspension tuning was the Sport+ which I had on the GS350 F-Sport.
HUD and AVS are not available on the NX at this time in the US unfortunately.
Old 08-30-15, 11:28 PM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone had any response from their LEXUS service department regariding the un-nerving thump when going over a bump?

Happened to me for the very first time the other day and it really doesn't sound good.
Old 09-14-15, 04:24 PM
wutang05
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,
We just got our F-Sport Series 2 last Tuesday. So far we're loving.

I'm just wondering is anybody has any update on this thump with the AVS. We feel it too, when going over speed bumps. It feels like the suspension is bottoming out but it definitely isn't.

Other than this and a few rattles (licence plate and something in the dash), we're pretty happy.

Richard

Quick Reply: suspension issue in NX F sport