NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Final Review - Thanks to NX Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-15, 04:41 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Do not state things like that without having the full background.
I can bet dollars to donuts that his reply will be based on "available information" even though most of the information we pointed out already exist on this forum in the FAQ section. He only registered here to solicit feedback and collect data that he then selectively used to further his own bias against the "luxury CUV segment" rather than sticking to reviewing the NX on it's own merit or against similar offering in that "segment".

He went on on the opening post to point out the value of "participating in the community" as if this community was his, when in fact he just mooched off of it for his own gain, and to further his own bias. He did the same on the 3IS forum, asked feedback, wrote review (albeit a better written one) and then stopped participating all together. I can understand that he has a job to do, but there are others on this forum (specially in Car Chat) that also collect information from members here to write reviews, but, they give back by being active participants day to day.

Perhaps Internet Brand (the owners of this forum) should charge him advertising fees as he is using this forum to advertise his business, but for even more.
Old 07-07-15, 04:54 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
I can bet dollars to donuts that his reply will be based on "available information" even though most of the information we pointed out already exist on this forum in the FAQ section. He only registered here to solicit feedback and collect data that he then selectively used to further his own bias against the "luxury CUV segment" rather than sticking to reviewing the NX on it's own merit or against similar offering in that "segment".
Perhaps. Not to defend him outright, because I definitely do not agree with his assessment, but I thought his IS review was fairly spot on, so I'm not certain he is totally biased toward the luxury segment as a whole.

He went on on the opening post to point out the value of "participating in the community" as if this community was his, when in fact he just mooched off of it for his own gain, and to further his own bias. He did the same on the 3IS forum, asked feedback, wrote review (albeit a better written one) and then stopped participating all together. I can understand that he has a job to do, but there are others on this forum (specially in Car Chat) that also collect information from members here to write reviews, but, they give back by being active participants day to day.
I don't blame him for this, though. I would probably do something similar if I were in his shoes. Its not like he will be living with this car for too long, so his input to its features and long term viability would be of little use to us.

Perhaps Internet Brand (the owners of this forum) should charge him advertising fees as he is using this forum to advertise his business, but for even more.
Now this has merit!
Old 07-07-15, 07:33 AM
Dezoris
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to make this very clear, I actually used to own several of these forums before sold to internet brands. I have been around the car scene since early 2000 when many of these were formed. In many cases throughout the years I have owned vehicles of all makes and models and participated in communities like this and still do today, doing DIYs, helping others building communities.
As it relates to the videos, in the description it links directly the forum where people can connect with owners to get clarity including better info than what I provided in some cases. Like your forum mod did with the mulch thread.

Secondly I love cars, doing this aint my job it's a hobby. Posting here to get owner feedback on models serves two purposes:

1. To find out what people who own the car actually like and don't like.
2. Find problems the OEMs and manufacturers can correct in production to improve or make the car better.
3. Fill in gaps in my own knowledge I would never know in spending a week with a car.

See if other media outlets even care what owners have to say, let alone trying to get things fixed. I can generate a monster list of improvements submitted to product planners for various different models that went into production from feedback negative and positive.

That is what I am doing here, not just wasting my time to argue with people about the merits of tire pressures, grilles, cargo space.
It's all opinions, like the complaints about the weather stripping, and rear hatch which was mentioned here.

It's easily selectively choose what info you don't like but the fact is we are trying. You love your cars, you bought them and I respect that. Thanks for the info all of you. That's all I am going to say because I don't want this getting hostile.

Last edited by Dezoris; 07-07-15 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-07-15, 07:46 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Dezoris, you're fine, dude. People don't like others pointing out that their kid is fat or bad at sports. As long as it's not coming from a place of malice - and your review, IMO, is not - then people need to learn to get over it.

If you say things that are factually incorrect, that's one thing (and I expect people to correct that). But if you say, as you did, that you're not a fan of the front end of the NX, I think people should just quietly think to themselves, "I disagree".

I, for one, appreciate that you took the time you did to review a vehicle that I'm 98% in love with.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-15, 11:32 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

"3. For price and utility a rav4 , crv and cx5 make more sense in almost every regard except interior. As much as I like the 4 banger. Its a 4 banger."

Have you ever been to a Lexus dealership? The Lexus dealer is what is worth the extra price...and why people choose Lexus. It doesn't seem to be part of your review. Even if you could prove the vehicles were somewhat similar it does not take into account the dealer experience. I've had Hondas, Mazdas, and Toyotas...and I'm not going back if I have a choice. Problems are taken care of with little hassle. You go enjoy sitting in a waiting room with stale coffee and old tires...I'll take the Lexus Dealer thanks.

Also, if you wanted it to have a smoother ride, you should have test driven the non F-Sport. The F-Sport is geared more toward "Sport". It even says so in the name.

Last edited by Frog98; 07-07-15 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-07-15, 08:53 PM
Philweezer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been reading and watching a lot of reviews on this car to see if I want to buy it. I don't own this car but here are my two cents on this review. I think when you're talking about the car itself, you do a good job and you seem intelligent when talking about how things work. It's when you try to be funny is what I think puts people off. Think about it, if I'm taking MY time to watch a review on an expensive item and I'm using your knowledge and expertise to help me make a decision, I don't need comedy hour. Things like the Madonna reference, the underbody use as a cup holder, or your dramatization is not necessary. How would someone be able to take your review seriously? Just tell me what it is, what it has, how it works, and what you think. That's all. I'm not mad as some folks here appear to be, it's just an observation.
Old 07-08-15, 08:24 AM
ClaudeNX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile perfect car

The Perfect car doesn t exist, but you can get your personal perfect car if you purchase what you really need, not what you like . A car must be purchase with heart and head
I had cars that I have bought with my heart and I had to adjust, but the NX200T was purchased with both, so for me it is the perfect choice, since it will carry enough for me and wife as we often go on 2-3 weeks trip, no kids no dogs but we always carry a small fridge in the back

There are a few things that are not perfect now, but I am sure that dealer will fix the two noises that I am getting, around inner rear view mirror and the one coming from under car, probably under my seat

This car is number 67 for me and I really enjoy, so people complaining that trunk is too small, there is an easy answer, get something else. I am sure that your salesman did not point a gun at you to purchase your NX

Just my two cents, after a 3000 miles trip and yes I have used the 4wheel drive system, because we did some forest road used only by pick ups and much larger SUV

By the way the NX is a CUV Compact Utility Vehicle not a SUV
Old 07-08-15, 09:18 AM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dezoris
I want to make this very clear, I actually used to own several of these forums before sold to internet brands. I have been around the car scene since early 2000 when many of these were formed. In many cases throughout the years I have owned vehicles of all makes and models and participated in communities like this and still do today, doing DIYs, helping others building communities.
As it relates to the videos, in the description it links directly the forum where people can connect with owners to get clarity including better info than what I provided in some cases. Like your forum mod did with the mulch thread.

Secondly I love cars, doing this aint my job it's a hobby. Posting here to get owner feedback on models serves two purposes:

1. To find out what people who own the car actually like and don't like.
2. Find problems the OEMs and manufacturers can correct in production to improve or make the car better.
3. Fill in gaps in my own knowledge I would never know in spending a week with a car.

See if other media outlets even care what owners have to say, let alone trying to get things fixed. I can generate a monster list of improvements submitted to product planners for various different models that went into production from feedback negative and positive.

That is what I am doing here, not just wasting my time to argue with people about the merits of tire pressures, grilles, cargo space.
It's all opinions, like the complaints about the weather stripping, and rear hatch which was mentioned here.

It's easily selectively choose what info you don't like but the fact is we are trying. You love your cars, you bought them and I respect that. Thanks for the info all of you. That's all I am going to say because I don't want this getting hostile.
Lol well if that is true... then of all people, you should know how auto enthusiast forums work.

There are plenty of YouTube video reviews of the NX by many people and companies. Some positive, some neutral, and others negative. The difference is you posted your review on a NX enthusiast forum and the feedback was well.... expected.

Personally I know that the NX F Sport I purchased can be polarizing to some, may not have the best specs, may not be the best value, etc. What is important is that we are very happy with our purchase and we can care less about those that disagree.

Last edited by CybrRdr; 07-08-15 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-08-15, 09:26 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
Lol well if that is true... then of all people, you should know how auto enthusiast forums work.

There are plenty of YouTube video reviews of the NX by many people and companies. Some positive, some neutral, and others negative. The difference is you posted your review on a NX enthusiast forum and the feedback was well.... expected.

Personally I know that the NX F Sport I purchased can be polarizing to some, may not have the best specs, may not be the best value, etc. What is important is that we are very happy with our purchase and we can care less about those that disagree.
Good points. It happens on all forums for a specific brand/model (at least the ones I look in on) so the reaction should come as no surprise.
Old 07-08-15, 10:17 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Good points. It happens on all forums for a specific brand/model (at least the ones I look in on) so the reaction should come as no surprise.
Most of the backlash can be attributed to what seemed to be a condescending tone on the value of the "community" when in fact he came to this community for input, ignored it (including the cargo size facts that are well documented here) and then posted the review as "objective" when it was far from it.
Old 07-08-15, 11:41 PM
Dezoris
Driver School Candidate

Most of the backlash can be attributed to what seemed to be a condescending tone on the value of the "community" when in fact he came to this community for input, ignored it (including the cargo size facts that are well documented here) and then posted the review as "objective" when it was far from it.
You are selectively ignoring the parts that we included and posted by owners and are cherry picking the things we either left out or missed. I have already apologized and conceded areas where we could have improved and will make adjustments. Clearly its impossible to please everyone including owners when doing projects like this.

Regardless the entire list that owners posted has been documented and forwarded on including the cargo capacity issue. Thanks for the feedback. Some constructive things here there is no doubt most of you will enjoy your, suv/cuv Lexus and hope to see improvements over the lifecycle. Glad to see enthusiasm for the NX and the brand if there is anything specific that you'd like forwarded you can PM me. As we will be dealing with the new RX, RCF and 350 over the next few months.
Old 07-08-15, 11:56 PM
Dezoris
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CybrRdr

Thats really what its all about, all of you who own it have an investment in the vehicle in one way or another. And if you are on a forum about it then its not just a car/cuv/suv you just randomly chose. If you are here you are that niche group who crave more. Thats why I seek owner feedback before and after and in most cases with owners you mess up anything and watch out, thats part of it of process. But sometimes people get personal, way too personal it was very bad with cars in youth segment. If you said anything negative it was like you had stabbed them in the heart, often their cars were like a pet or family member.

Really at the end of the day if you are on a car site usually you are passionate. While its true I don't own and NX I spent 100s of hours driving, editing, filming, posting, learning, and even responding now about it. So read between the lines.

I am glad you can see some of the shortcomings and still like it and enjoy it.
Old 07-09-15, 05:35 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Dezoris, I can speak for many members on this forum when I say that we're not offended on some minor factual oversights, personal opinion on front-end styling, ride, or even mentioning RAV4 roots (heck this a fact and we know it), but it was more about the delivery of the message. You sound condescending during these clips in particular with your mechanic painting a negative picture on the roots of the RAV4, arguably making fun of the NX. That clip in its current state is petty, unnecessary, and paints a negative picture of you seeking to be a professional automotive reviewer. Take a page from Alex on Autos. He might be wordy, but he is highly followed and respected because he points out features and characteristics not to his liking in a neutral respectful tone.

In short, we had different expectations because you approached us first in a friendly manner seeking help and we responded honestly, openly, and respectfully, yet the video misses out on reciprocating these sentiments. You acknowledge some of these errors in this forum and I hope the video will be updated to reflect this. I also hope in the RC/ RCF review, for example, you won't make fun of its weight/IS C center frame, but instead point it out in a factual neutral manner if you want to build a community in the RC forum and be respected.

Good luck.
Old 07-09-15, 06:31 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezoris

I am glad you can see some of the shortcomings and still like it and enjoy it.
I'm really quite curious what your personal car is...

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Dezoris, I can speak for many members on this forum when I say that we're not offended on some minor factual oversights, personal opinion on front-end styling, ride, or even mentioning RAV4 roots (heck this a fact and we know it), but it was more about the delivery of the message. You sound condescending during these clips in particular with your mechanic painting a negative picture on the roots of the RAV4, arguably making fun of the NX. That clip in its current state is petty, unnecessary, and paints a negative picture of you seeking to be a professional automotive reviewer. Take a page from Alex on Autos. He might be wordy, but he is highly followed and respected because he points out features and characteristics not to his liking in a neutral respectful tone.

In short, we had different expectations because you approached us first in a friendly manner seeking help and we responded honestly, openly, and respectfully, yet the video misses out on reciprocating these sentiments. You acknowledge some of these errors in this forum and I hope the video will be updated to reflect this. I also hope in the RC/ RCF review, for example, you won't make fun of its weight/IS C center frame, but instead point it out in a factual neutral manner if you want to build a community in the RC forum and be respected.

Good luck.
Amen
Old 07-09-15, 06:36 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Agreed corradoMR2 ...great sum up of what I think most of us feel here. Dezoris, the comparison with Rav4 hits a very bad spot with me. While at a gas station, an owner of a GX was behind me, and ask how I loved my new souped up Rav4. This was very degrading...I wish that Lexus had never mentioned the Rav4 platform which the NX was built on, because it has stirred up much dis like among drivers of the NX. The NX is not a Rav4 ! I have driven one, and it is totally different. I didn't pay 45,000. for someone to tell me I have a glorified Rav 4. I do consider the ignorance of the person, however many reviews love to degrade the NX by saying that the NX is basically a glorified Rav4, and that is wrong ! As mentioned, Alex on Autos is one of the finest reviews of cars, and I suggest that many of you that seek to do car reviews, should watch him, and take note. I trust his reviews more than others, and watch his videos all the time. Lexus did a superb job of creating a new small cuv that is different. If you look at so many these days, they all look the same. I think I can speak for others here that this is why we love the NX...it is different, a piece of art, and stands out against the others. That is what makes it special, so why not mention the cool new grille that makes a statement that is now becoming the grille for most of the new Lexus models in a positive manner. The beautiful lines and shapes of the exterior. I find too many reviews wanting everything to look the same as other vehicles. How boring is that ? So will you take note of all our comments, and make the video and review more about what the NX is really about ? You have heard from owners, which are the true reviews. When I look at cars, the reviews I read come from the owners. After all, they know the daily ride better than anyone else. And then reviews like Alex, with a professional, neutral tone. Please learn from these post

Quick Reply: Final Review - Thanks to NX Owners