NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

F Sport Driving Dynamics vs. Regular NX

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-15, 04:49 AM
Arimann
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport Driving Dynamics vs. Regular NX

Just test drove the NX. Amazing car, was more than impressed. Issue is that the dealer forced me into the top of the line F sport for the test drive because that was all he had available. Now I don't really have the desire, or the doe to dish out for anything close to the top of the line F sport, but enough for a Middle Option (Non-F Sport).

I've looked at the optional equipment that I would lose out on and I'm not really that concerned. But what I am concerned about is the driving dynamics of the F-Sport vs. Regular NX. The car I drove was great, and I am a little hesitant about booking a car if I haven't actually driven EXACTLY what I will be buying.

I will of course try to go back and see if I can test drive the non F-sport model, but in the mean time could someone here fill me in on the differences in terms of driving dynamics (preferably someone who has actually driven both? I am no expert on cars, or on the scope of the difference in driving dynamics of Lexus' F-Sport vs. non-FSport cars. But if I were to step into the regular NX after having driven the F-Sport will I notice a big difference? Will I be extremely disappointed? Keep in mind that I will often be driving my NX on Badly Paved roads and occasionally will find myself doing some light off road driving on gravel/stone.

Thanks
Old 07-01-15, 05:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Arimann, welcome to the forum.

I have limited driving experience with the NX non-F Sport but I can say that in normal city driving, it's 90% identical. It has a slightly softer more compliant ride with a little more body roll...

(In Canada, we have AVS and when in Sport S+, you notice further that the suspension tightens resulting in an incremental decrease in body roll and incremental increase in ride stiffness).
Old 07-01-15, 04:57 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Arimann, welcome to the forum.

I have limited driving experience with the NX non-F Sport but I can say that in normal city driving, it's 90% identical. It has a slightly softer more compliant ride with a little more body roll...

(In Canada, we have AVS and when in Sport S+, you notice further that the suspension tightens resulting in an incremental decrease in body roll and incremental increase in ride stiffness).
AVS, HUD, MyQ charger and Sport+ mode is only available in the F-Sport series 2 option package, not in the Series 1. AVS only kicks into Sport+ mode, in all other modes, the F-Sport suspension feels the same as the base or luxury package. Steering feel, throttle response and shift points are the same as well.
Old 07-01-15, 11:26 PM
DLKC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arimann
Just test drove the NX. Amazing car, was more than impressed. Issue is that the dealer forced me into the top of the line F sport for the test drive because that was all he had available. Now I don't really have the desire, or the doe to dish out for anything close to the top of the line F sport, but enough for a Middle Option (Non-F Sport).

I've looked at the optional equipment that I would lose out on and I'm not really that concerned. But what I am concerned about is the driving dynamics of the F-Sport vs. Regular NX. The car I drove was great, and I am a little hesitant about booking a car if I haven't actually driven EXACTLY what I will be buying.

I will of course try to go back and see if I can test drive the non F-sport model, but in the mean time could someone here fill me in on the differences in terms of driving dynamics (preferably someone who has actually driven both? I am no expert on cars, or on the scope of the difference in driving dynamics of Lexus' F-Sport vs. non-FSport cars. But if I were to step into the regular NX after having driven the F-Sport will I notice a big difference? Will I be extremely disappointed? Keep in mind that I will often be driving my NX on Badly Paved roads and occasionally will find myself doing some light off road driving on gravel/stone.

Thanks

I have test driven both, would be going for the F-sport version. This is for my wife, she has the 2IS so the F-sport with the Sport S+ function provides more flexibility and the drive is closer to the 2IS.

F-sport has a different rim and tires, it feels more firm (and perhaps slightly more bumpy). In addition, I prefer the F-sport grill too. The non F-sport is slightly more comfortable.

Having test driven the Hybrid and felt very disappointed and then moving on the petrol versions (and feeling the performance and drive being closer to the 2IS) over a period of 4 to 5 months enable us to decide that we have to get the petrol version.

Hope this helps.