NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Interesting comment from a GX owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-15, 07:31 AM
lsft
Instructor

Received 520 Likes on 347 Posts

My understanding, only the LS has its' own platform. All other Lexus models share a platform with it's cousin brand Toyota.

I also got the same feedback when I got my NX, you just got a premium RAV4. I'll just say.. show me a 2.0L Turbo RAV4.
Old 06-08-15, 08:20 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the RAV4 gets its next refresh / redesign I am guessing the 90% number will change. While they will not have the same engine as the NX or the same body I can see many of the other components being shared. Things we would never think of like suspension, window seals, sensors in the engine, bumpers, radios, etc... will be shared.

In vehicles you typically pay more based on engine performance and to some extent size.

Toyota and some of the other mainstream brands try to hold back certain features a couple of years on the main stream models to make them exclusive on the luxury models.

The Corolla does not offer the Blind Spot protection while the Mazda 3 does. The Camry does offer this feature. I am guessing the Corolla will get this feature very shortly.
Old 06-08-15, 08:40 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Proper response: "I enjoy it as much as you enjoy being an ignorant *******. Good day to you."
Old 06-08-15, 09:03 AM
aIRpeACE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the NX is definitely more refined and nicer than the Rav4. that guy is just being a dutchbag
Old 06-08-15, 09:04 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Anyone who would say something like that, let alone in front of their kids, has a problem and isn't even worth responding to. Who would say something insulting to a total stranger like that.

I really don't care what people think about what I drive or what the platform is as long as it meets my needs. Many of us can afford much more expensive vehicles but chose the NX because of its value proposition, etc.

Choose to spend your time enjoying what is important to you and not some idiot with multiple issues.

Now I am done
Of all the things he has to say to strangers, he has to spew those words
It's scary that these idiots are reproducing

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
I tend not to pay attention to people who act like rectums.
Yeah, why bother wasting your breath with idiots???
Old 06-08-15, 10:41 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
My understanding, only the LS has its' own platform. All other Lexus models share a platform with it's cousin brand Toyota.

I also got the same feedback when I got my NX, you just got a premium RAV4. I'll just say.. show me a 2.0L Turbo RAV4.
The IS/GS have their own platform too which they share. It used to be a modified Altezza chassis, but since Toyota introduced Lexus in Japan, they merged the platform along with the branding.

To the OP, I wouldn't worry too much about the comments, would have been a good comeback if you knew that the GX was based on 4runner though.
Old 06-08-15, 11:36 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

I have both a GX and NX currently. My NX almost hit the base price of a GX. They are different sizes and built for different uses, but I don't consider one more premium than the other. I don't really understand why people put down Rav4s and Camrys. I could be perfectly happy driving one...except for dealing with their dealers.
Old 06-08-15, 02:34 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I find that people who say such things or just exhibiting their jealous.
Old 06-08-15, 03:40 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog98
I have both a GX and NX currently. My NX almost hit the base price of a GX. They are different sizes and built for different uses, but I don't consider one more premium than the other. I don't really understand why people put down Rav4s and Camrys. I could be perfectly happy driving one...except for dealing with their dealers.
From having a RAV4 and the NX there is no comparison. The NX does not seem at all like my 2013 RAV4 LTD. I liked the RAV4 size but preferred the luxury that the NX offers at about the same size.
Old 06-08-15, 04:37 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

The NX has more unique parts over the RAV4 than the GX does over the 4Runner.

It's what I would have said but then underscore how great the Toyota vehicles are to begin with and to be proud of those platforms.
Old 06-08-15, 06:57 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The cruelest words I ever heard came from a guy driving customers back to their cars in a Parking Spot bus. I had a '13 GS F Sport that I'd owned for less than a year parked in one of their stalls. He would call out the type of car for each customer when he got to their stall. When he got to mine he yelled "SILVER CAMRY!"

It bothered me at first, then as soon as I got in the car I totally forgot the remark. I also thought that even if I was driving a new Camry I was luckier than 50% of the people out there. And he was just ignorant, not an ignorant douchebag like the guy that called your car a "souped up RAV4". In any case, the older you get the less you will care about what anyone else thinks. They don't pay your paycheck.
Old 06-09-15, 02:45 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya know, I've been reading this post and thinking how I would have responded. A lot of you here would definitely take the high road and that is totally commendable and I respect that. I might have also...but I would only give that about a 30% chance. I would have said something like another poster said, "I like it about as much as I'm sure you like you souped up 4Runner"...and then scratched my eyebrow with my middle finger all the while smiling from ear to ear.

Sometimes, you just need to fight ahole with ahole!
Old 06-09-15, 03:44 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aIRpeACE
the NX is definitely more refined and nicer than the Rav4. that guy is just being a dutchbag
....dutchbag? lmao
Old 06-09-15, 04:27 AM
leej865
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
....dutchbag? lmao
Yes...when 'douchebag' just won't do: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dutchbag
Old 06-09-15, 04:42 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for the post on this thread...... I love all these comments ! THE NX RULES Maybe we should go to the GX Forum and find this VA guy. Oh wait, there's been a few better names for him , right ? LMAO

Last edited by RDLGX; 06-09-15 at 05:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Interesting comment from a GX owner