NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Which Dealer to Buy From? Use for Service?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-15, 03:07 PM
brendaman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Dealer to Buy From? Use for Service?

Living in the DC area, we have about 7 dealers within about an hour's drive, so I've reached out to about five of them (through TrueCar). There are two dealer's within a 20 minute drive from us, but they seem to be smaller and less aggressive/assertive or just not very good with follow up. The dealer closest to us (6 miles) seems to have this laissez-faire attitude. When the NX were about to arrive at the dealer's, we asked them to call us for a test drive. No phone call. When we showed up one day to test drive, there was no follow up. A woman did call for a survey of our experience, which of course we said was less than stellar. The sales people are nice enough, but perhaps not hungry enough for a sale? I wonder what type of deal they could even give us. I also wonder how their service dept is. Actually, Yelp (for whatever it's worth) has between 3 to 3 1/2 stars as a ratings for these 7 dealers.

Now, a few dealers that are about an hour away had what I imagine should be the typical Lexus dealer: nice waiting room with TV, cookies, coffee, other refreshments, etc. The sales team calls and sends follow-up emails. We have been test driving other cars and are about ready to decide on the NX.

It's easy to say that we'll purchase the NX from the dealer with the best deal, but what do I do about service? If the dealer offers free car wash, oil change, with purchase, I assume that doesn't transfer to another dealer, so I need to drive it an hour away every time it is serviced. The plan is to buy from another (with the better deal) and have it serviced nearer. But what if that dealer doesn't quite have the top -notch Lexus service?
Old 05-19-15, 03:31 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

if you don't like the service, you can always travel to a more distant dealer for the next service
Old 05-19-15, 04:48 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Lexus of Richmond is wonderful ! I have never been treated any better !
Old 05-19-15, 07:37 PM
mwl7698
Driver

Talking

My original Lexus relationship started with Hennessy Lexus of Atlanta in 2010. The BEST car buying experience I have every had! Over the past four years I built a great relationship with my service service advisor there as well. Sadly, Hennessy would not match the offer that Nalley Lexus Galleria in Smyrna,GA made me on the NX so I placed the order for the NX with Nalley. I will continue to travel to Hennessy for service on my new NX because of my service advisor, but i will take advantage of the first free service that is included with purchase from Nalley.
Old 05-19-15, 09:33 PM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 21 Posts

The best dealer around San Diego is Lexus Escondido. Also excellent service.

This is a large dealership with shops and restaurant on the 3rd floor.
Old 05-20-15, 05:27 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

What is the risk of buying from one dealer and getting service at another?

For example if you get the best price at the dealer 30 miles away but service it at the dealer 5 miles away can the dealer refuse some free service provided to customers who bought from them:
- free car washes
- loaner cars
- free owner events
- other stuff

I am in a similar situation but lucky that one of the closest dealers is also owned by Penske (same owner of the dealer I bought from) so I should be treated equally as if I bought from them.
Old 05-20-15, 07:12 AM
Rdcrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Northern Virginia but bought my NX at Sheehy Lexus in Annapolis. The service there is great.
Old 05-20-15, 07:16 AM
ssmtsx
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I've bought a few Lexus from Pohanka in chantilly. They have treated me well. Their service department is open 7 days a week from 6 am to 11pm..it's never an issue getting service done.