NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-15, 11:39 PM
ExoticGarn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great for music but too low for gps stuff...
Old 06-11-15, 10:52 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In an Poor Mans fashion, when I am Navigating/Maps/Directions on my iPhone 6 Plus, I put it in front of the Nav Screen, just lean it up there... awesome!!!! (it is in a rubber-ush slim bumper case, so no scratching or sliding around or anything like that). Honestly I think the Lexus NAVIGATION is completely worthless. *****in-Betty never understands me on hands free anyway...
Old 06-12-15, 04:56 PM
pinkoos
Rookie

I have one of those magnetic-type mounts. Please see pictures.
Attached Thumbnails NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)-img_1191.jpg   NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)-img_1192.jpg   NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)-img_1193.jpg  
Old 06-12-15, 09:40 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by pinkoos
I have one of those magnetic-type mounts. Please see pictures.
interesting location, never thought of that spot
Old 06-12-15, 09:44 PM
pinkoos
Rookie

Originally Posted by typocl
interesting location, never thought of that spot
It works well b/c of the steel ball - the magnetic disk can be rotated to pretty much any location over the steel ball. A thin, metal plate is stuck on the back of your phone/case and then that just sticks to the magnetic disk.
Old 06-25-15, 12:56 PM
dadofahusk
Rookie

moved the mount. now up higher enabling easier viewing and access (sorry for the sideways uploads, not sure how to correct)
Attached Thumbnails NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)-image1.jpg   NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)-image2.jpg  
Old 08-30-15, 07:36 PM
MoJ
Driver School Candidate

I'll second the iottie recommendation (the smaller one - not the one with an arm). My iPhone 6+ just fits at the lower spot next to the radio buttons. It doesn't vibrate - thanks to resting partially on the trim piece.

I tried the CD slot mounts - none of them worked. They either blocked too much stuff, or they vibrated like crazy.

I may try moving it up - that looks like a good spot!

Next up, hard-wiring a USB 3A port to the fuse box.
Old 08-31-15, 07:32 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I can't seem to find one that works for me. I've looked at every one on Amazon, none seem to be the answer.

Anyone out there have any new ideas?

I also am looking for some kind of coin holder.

I also have the thought of sticking a circular digtal clock over the awful analog lexus clock. I can't read it half the time due to glare.
Old 08-31-15, 07:58 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I can't seem to find one that works for me. I've looked at every one on Amazon, none seem to be the answer.

Anyone out there have any new ideas?

I also am looking for some kind of coin holder.

I also have the thought of sticking a circular digtal clock over the awful analog lexus clock. I can't read it half the time due to glare.
what issues did you have with the ones you saw on Amazon? That will help us help you with ideas.
Old 08-31-15, 08:07 AM
MoJ
Driver School Candidate

This is the one that the OP showed ... same one that I bought.

Amazon.com: Car Mount, iOttie Easy Flex 2 Windshield Dashboard Car/Desk Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7) /5s/5c/4s, Galaxy S4/S3, HTC One -Retail Packaging -Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Car Mount, iOttie Easy Flex 2 Windshield Dashboard Car/Desk Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7) /5s/5c/4s, Galaxy S4/S3, HTC One -Retail Packaging -Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 08-31-15, 09:13 AM
rogerh00
Racer

That one appears to be a good fit for the side of the dash but it also is an older model that is not rated for my phone, a Samsung S5. They show max width of 3", my S5 with a slim case is just over 3", it may fit or not.

There is a newer model, the Easy One touch 2 that is rated for newer phones.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRGOKQ8 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRGOKQ8
It looks like it may be too big for the side dash location. Any opinions?
Old 08-31-15, 09:34 AM
MoJ
Driver School Candidate

That one appears to be a good fit for the side of the dash but it also is an older model that is not rated for my phone, a Samsung S5. They show max width of 3", my S5 with a slim case is just over 3", it may fit or not.

There is a newer model, the Easy One touch 2 that is rated for newer phones. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRGOKQ8
It looks like it may be too big for the side dash location. Any opinions?
Roger- I bought both versions for my iPhone 6+ (I think it's the same width as the S5 - just over 3" wide). The "newer" OneTouch 2 has an arm to extend the reach and has a better phone grip (stronger and wider) ... and is much more flexible. Unfortunately, that's also the problem I had with it, it got "in the way" more than the smaller one and with the arm, it caused the phone to vibrate too much.

The older one that I posted the link to works well for a slightly-wider-than-3" phone - it actually extends all the way to 3.25" and then clamps in to grip the phone.
Old 08-31-15, 11:22 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Originally Posted by MoJ
Roger- I bought both versions for my iPhone 6+ (I think it's the same width as the S5 - just over 3" wide). The "newer" OneTouch 2 has an arm to extend the reach and has a better phone grip (stronger and wider) ... and is much more flexible. Unfortunately, that's also the problem I had with it, it got "in the way" more than the smaller one and with the arm, it caused the phone to vibrate too much.

The older one that I posted the link to works well for a slightly-wider-than-3" phone - it actually extends all the way to 3.25" and then clamps in to grip the phone.
MoJ,

Thanks for the great info, you've sold me! I'm going to order the old one based on your actual usage.
Old 08-31-15, 12:20 PM
MoJ
Driver School Candidate

I'll let you know how moving it to the upper position works
Old 08-31-15, 07:17 PM
MoJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MoJ
I'll let you know how moving it to the upper position works
I can't quite get the suction cup to stay put in the upper position - there is enough hanging over that the only thing holding it in place is the adhesive silicone... and with a heavy IP6+ I'm not going to chance it. I just rinsed it off and hopefully it does what they say and becomes "virgin" again and I can put it back at the lower spot. Lesser of 2 evils.

I'm still P***ED that my go-to for over a decade - ProClip - made this stupid mount position decision

ProClip Lexus NX Mount
Attached Thumbnails NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)-855067-4.jpg  

Quick Reply: NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)