special orders for the NX

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-15, 04:15 PM
BriSmi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brendaman
You can use cars.com.
That's a good suggestion. I've had hit or miss results from cars.com. Missing and inaccurate data, etc.
Old 05-09-15, 06:14 PM
LexRTR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PetroVal
Excellent, not too far from my 'hood. Really, let me know - I'll happily make the drive out for a beer and car chat.

I've emailed Pompano Beach (JM dealership) and let them know what I'm looking for. They do have (1) F-sport without Nav but it has the moon roof and a few extra add-ons Close but no cigar.

Still encouraging - went from being told that Lexus would never make a car optioned like this, to find a complete base stripper, to finding an almost perfect example. And it's only been a week between those two.

Who am I kidding, the hunt is the best part!
OK. Just wondering why the moonroof is a deal breaker. You basically want a base model with tech package, right? I doubt if you find that because of how they're built - either base or loaded but you've not entered the frustration zone so you're good.
Old 05-09-15, 06:16 PM
LexRTR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BriSmi
Does anyone know an efficient way to check specific inventory other than going to each dealer's individual website? I can do a regional search, but I can't find out which dealership a specific car is located (I assume that's by design). In addition, I'd like to broaden my search beyond my region.
Cargurus.com. See my prev post for details.
Old 05-17-15, 04:31 PM
PetroVal
Driver School Candidate

Lex,

The JM dealership in Florida has been receiving a steady stream of no-optioned F sports - preferred accessory package is the only addition. $37,888 is the listing MSRP and I get the sense they will do a few % discount from that. Honestly, I think for this particular 'stripped' car a 5-6% discount from MSRP is necessary as there aren't enough cheap bastards like myself willing to pay that much for a luxury car without luxury options! (it really is a matter of principal on paying for what we want, not what we are left to choose from)

Ultimately, however, spending the money to fly out there to see the car before purchase (I refuse to buy anything sight unseen) then have it shipped to California is far more costly in both time and money.

The moon roof (premium package) is simply a lost feature on us. My wife gets migraines from light exposure as it is and I find moon roof's typically eat a bit more headroom space than fixed tops. And the navigation system is a complete bust as well - we despise the touch pad and again, don't see the logic in spending money on lost features. Side note: I've actually found an F sport with nav but without premium pack http://www.sewelllexus-dallas.com/Ve...-TX/2531174583 Kind of a unique build in case anyone is looking for that.

We'd like an F sport with comfort package and accessory pack only. I wouldn't mind a couple of the convenience options like Intuitive Parking assist or Power Rear Door as I think she'd appreciate them. I've yet to see a build like that, so we'll settle for a 'stripper' F sport which I've come across several now. Just a matter of getting something my preferred dealers will trade/work with and in her color choice.

Edit:
On a side note, I think it's a lost opportunity for many dealerships to avoid forum presence. On other brand specific forums I've seen internet sales manager's actively involved with the e-community - often times locating specific builds for members, answering questions and offering discounted rates. I can say for certain that those dealerships did significantly higher volume because of their web community involvement. Maybe Club Lexus has a stance against it but it seems like a win - win to me.

Last edited by PetroVal; 05-17-15 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-18-15, 11:49 PM
LexRTR
Driver School Candidate

Petro - Yes, JM is a high volume dealer thus the options & availability. Go on Truecar.com to get the best pricing and discounts for the car..it will likely exceed 6% and get you certified pricing. Your $ is best spent elsewhere other than flying down to see the car because: 1) It's a verified/certified Lexus dealer 2) You can view an F Sport in Cali 3) It's a brand new car so you're not going to find any glaring issues 4) You won't pay for the car or start financing until after receipt/delivery to your satisfaction....so if there was some issue you would see it before actual purchasing/financing. 5) If you discover some issue it will be taken care of in Cali. That's my nickel worth anyway.

Ok on the options you don't want and why. Yeah, you would have to special order to get a NX with your specific choices because it mixes premium and basic options...so getting a base model is your alternative.

Best regards & luck!
Old 05-19-15, 08:57 AM
PetroVal
Driver School Candidate

Cheers Lex,

I inquired with a dealership about 'moving' those JM stripper F-sports here to SoCal but the responses were it's too far (>500 miles) for them which leads me to believe the shipping is on me - requiring a transaction. What we'd love is a base model with Sport Appearance Package, similar to how the RX does it.

Lexus ought to have it come bundled with (1) package and diversify the options/accessories and we'd be in business!

But that's wishful thinking because Lexus would top-load anything with the Sport Appearance Package with every damn package and option making it within spitting distance of a standard-spec F sport. Just like they do with the RX 350. My frustration isn't with the concept of manufacture-spec'd vehicles - it's that arrogant laziness of Lexus production planners whom refuse to diversify the models coming out of the plants. With any other luxury brand they build enough unique/quirky models in their mass volume spec to satisfy picky/quirky buyers. And to allow those builds on their website?! What kind of jackass-backwards mind game fluckery is that?!

Right now I've got a lead on one RX 350 with sport appearance package without navigation. Was a special order that didn't get picked up. Awaiting on details today regarding color/s, mileage, options, etc. Supposedly it's within the 500 mile distance for dealership trade. If it works out - I'm going to pull the trigger on it immediately to see it in person asap provided the dealership and I can come to a consensus on the price. The RX's are getting so heavily discounted (up to 8% here in SoCal) and the extra space is a boon for me.

Maybe I should put in a special order on an NX.. Was told pricing is a standard $1,000 above invoice rate for special orders. Not the best of deals but I'd be willing to settle for it if we got what we wanted. Why am I not looking at BMW again???
Old 05-19-15, 02:57 PM
LexRTR
Driver School Candidate

Petro - I feel your pain and frustration. Been there, done that with Lexus but it gives me some insight into your dilemma and why I'm driving and enjoying my new 2015 Lincoln MKC. . Lexus certainly has room for improvement and consistency with service. I would contact JM directly or via their web personnel. Again, they are a large volume dealer and were certainly willing to help me out. I do understand why the selections/options are limited...goes with the territory of being a 1st year vehicle so it's streamlined and minimized as far as inventory production for the first year at least. BMW is the ultimate driving machine but for what I wanted the price differential was just too high!....but again, I feel ya! LOL!

As you know, you can build it online as you desire and it appears that's the way to go for you, if you can wait up to 4 months. Plus why settle when "forking out" this kinda "dough"? However, if the RX 350 is an option then, yes, you can get 1 "lickity split" along with a great deal. That standard pricing of $1K above MSRP are paid by those who don't do their homework and research. With auto buying programs from banks, credit unions, Sam's Club & Costco there is hardly ever any need to pay MSRP let alone above it. Special Orders should not factor into that either. The average cost for a Lex like you want was $1,912 BELOW MSRP on May 1st in San Diego...currently it's $898. Go to truecar.com and input it and see for yourself.