NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

USB MP3 files and "random" order

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-16, 10:26 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 600rr
Yeah this happens to everyone since all IS models uses the same head unit.
Most people just don't notice it or don't care. But it's really annoying for me on long trips of 8+ hours and the same old songs are on repeat.
I highly doubt Lexus will fix something like this though.
bring it up when you bring it in for service, more people who bring it up, the better the chance of a fix.

In theory, it should be a simple fix once someone looks at the code. Then the fix just uploaded to our cars at the next service. And, the fix should apply to other models as well. Not like they have to ramp up manufacturing for a new part.
Old 02-09-16, 04:58 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

dealership created a case with Lexus on this issue. The verified the "problem" and that it affects other models as well, then basically said "that's ok" and won't do anything about it. I wonder if the software for the entertainment system can't be easily updated, and that's why, which is disappointing.
Old 12-30-20, 05:33 AM
ricccardo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thx

Originally Posted by NXFan
This drove me nuts for weeks! I would touch the random button, sometimes it would play randomly, sometimes it would only play random songs in the album. I reorganized my USB drive, same thing. Then i decided to actually read the manual. If you hit the random button once, it will random play the selected folder/album. If you touch it again, it will random play all folders. Hit it once more, it will turn off random play. now it will random play the entire USB drive. Hope this helps you!

you just saved my life was driving me nuts for a day I’ve just bought my 1st Lexus 450h f sport 2012.
Old 12-31-20, 11:05 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

The LC has a random play issue as. I have USB with only one folder containing 500 tracks. It plays the exact same sequence of "random" tracks EVERY time the car is started. I only ever get to hear the same 4-8 tracks depending on the duration of my drive. I've called customer support multiple times since I got the car new, and claim they're "unaware" of the issue. That's one reason I'm getting rid of it. And won't likely buy another Lexus if this isn't corrected. The only way I can actually cycle thru every song is to turn off Random. Absurd!
Old 04-01-24, 08:45 AM
wts
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread but I have the opposite problem for the tracks. I have a 2021RX. When I use the USB with albums on it, it shuffles them out of order even if it shows that the shuffle is off. I did an experiment and only put albums on the USB. When I first plug in the stick it starts with the first album (alphas order) and the song list is in the correct order, great, no so fast, when I go to the next album it rearranges the songs in the song list. When I go back to the first album again, it rearranges it too. Doesn't matter if the albums are ripped in MP3 or Flac or what software used to rip them, it always rearranges the song list from the original order. Now if I put the CD in of the same albums it keeps the song list correct. It just seems like the shuffle just turns itself on automatically. But it seems to rearrange each album the same order each time it's selected, but each different album is rearranged differently. Very odd and annoying. Anyone ever come across this problem or find a solution. I should add that the USB plays normally on several other media players on my computer.

Last edited by wts; 04-01-24 at 09:31 AM.