NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Carista app information (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-16, 05:00 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RDinero
Does anyone know or can confirm if using this tool/app to customize settings voids any vehicle (2014 Lexus IS250) warranties? Thanks!
I used it and had warranty work done on my NX.

It only changes settings that the dealer could change if you asked - no forbidden settings
Old 05-10-16, 05:46 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll say this about it. If you're one of those people who will incessantly try new settings and test all of the options, this app is for you.

If you're like me, who just wanted to make a tweak or two instead of asking my dealer to do it (who would do it for free anyway), save your money. And the Carista folks have been pretty silent around here lately, so in my book that's a double-whammy.
Old 05-10-16, 09:04 PM
typocl
Instructor

funny thing happened today

I got into the car after work today and a warning popped up to bring the car in to dealer for an engine issue. Great...I had the ODB2 adapter in the center console, so I popped that in and used Carista to read the codes (I know there are plenty of apps for free to read fault codes). Anyway, came up with P0455, major leak in evap system. I open my door, pop the gas door, and yep, the gas cap wasn't tight (I filled up two days ago). I tightened that, then had Carista reset codes.

There's still one "permanent p0455" error, not sure if that's a historical thing or what. Light is off and hasn't come back.
Old 05-11-16, 07:07 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
And the Carista folks have been pretty silent around here lately, so in my book that's a double-whammy.
Originally Posted by typocl
funny thing happened today

I got into the car after work today and a warning popped up to bring the car in to dealer for an engine issue. Great...I had the ODB2 adapter in the center console, so I popped that in and used Carista to read the codes (I know there are plenty of apps for free to read fault codes). Anyway, came up with P0455, major leak in evap system. I open my door, pop the gas door, and yep, the gas cap wasn't tight (I filled up two days ago). I tightened that, then had Carista reset codes.

There's still one "permanent p0455" error, not sure if that's a historical thing or what. Light is off and hasn't come back.
App looks to be convenient, though to 15LexNX2t's comment, I agree to it. My direct PMs and posting in this thread on TPMS updates has proved fruitless the last couple of months. I'm not considering buying this App without any update or response.
Old 05-11-16, 08:09 PM
stressed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that a sign to come about their future ?
Old 05-12-16, 08:49 AM
typocl
Instructor

the "permanent P0455" code has cleared
Old 05-13-16, 06:20 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
App looks to be convenient, though to 15LexNX2t's comment, I agree to it. My direct PMs and posting in this thread on TPMS updates has proved fruitless the last couple of months. I'm not considering buying this App without any update or response.
i sent them a support request through the app, no reply, nada. i downloaded Car Scanner by WP_soft in the windows store and it does everything but the custom LPS. just have those set by dealer once and be done. doesn't help that it's $29 for us canucks on the app store.
Old 05-13-16, 07:23 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
i sent them a support request through the app, no reply, nada. i downloaded Car Scanner by WP_soft in the windows store and it does everything but the custom LPS. just have those set by dealer once and be done. doesn't help that it's $29 for us canucks on the app store.
More evidence they may have gone bust... oh well. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-13-16, 12:41 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Default TPMS Programming Success with Carista App

Pulled the trigger and paid for the TPMS functionality yesterday...and it works! Some key points:

Firstly, it works. On the current generation NX, which can only store one set of TPMS sensors (the sad new direction that Lexus is moving in for all their models), you will get a listing of the sensors on one side of the screen and a corresponding blank to enter the new TPMS ID in. I have not figured out how the order corresponds to which tire in is registered in vehicle's computer (or if maybe the vehicle figures this out on it's own?). I had some connection issues with the OBDII so I had to press "register" a few times to get it work. When successfully registered, the tire pressure warning light will flash. After resetting the TPMS in the multi-information display, the pressures appeared as intended.

Second, there is an additional subscription-based fee for the TPMS functionality. In CAD, it works out to $9.61 for one week of TPMS functionality (unlimited cars). The alternative option is a $53/year for all future functionality (whatever that means). This pricing model is odd and I would have preferred a one-time flat rate for the TPMS functionality only but it still beats paying $35/vehicle twice a year. I imagine the original pricing is in USD and the odd pricing in CAD is due to Google Play converting the currency.

Overall, I'm not liking Carista's subscription based model for this. I was thinking along the lines of paying $50 for a one-time app that would unlock the TPMS programming ability. At this rate, it's still going to cost ~$20 CAD/year.

Last edited by computerwi; 06-13-16 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Title addition
Old 06-17-16, 04:48 PM
bhlerman
Driver School Candidate

Default TPMS programming worked for me too

I couldn't reprogram my TPMS after changing back from winter wheels to my original wheels. Bought a cheap OBD2 adapter for $15 and paid $19.95 for the Carista app on my iphone. I was able to reprogram the TPMS. Only problem is the TPMS reads 28 psi and 2 different pressure gauges read 32 psi. Think I'll use the pressure gauges readings.
Old 07-16-16, 11:35 PM
Baxter64
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

New Version 3.0 Carista app was released last week.. just a fyi.
Old 07-17-16, 02:47 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi guys! As Baxter64 pointed out, we've just released v3.0 officially! We've been pretty silent on the forums because we've been hard at work on the new version and haven't had time to hang out here. But we've now hired more personnel and we'll have more of an active presence. We have definitely not gone bust!

Here's the scoop on the new pricing. It went through a bunch of iterations during the beta-testing phases, so ignore any prior information you may have seen:
- If you already have the Pro Package, you get unlimited lifetime access to all features in the app, including the TPMS functionality when it becomes available officially (it's still in beta now). You will not have to pay anything.
- If you don't already have the Pro Package, you can still get it for the next few days via a "backdoor" that we're leaving for our early adopters: just open the debug menu in Carista and pick "Purchase old Pro Package". On iOS, it's in the slide-out menu from the left. On Android, open the slide-out menu and tap on the "Version 3.0" label 5 times to get the debug menu to pop up.

If you do neither of those things, here's the new pricing:
- $9.99 USD for a 1-week pass for unlimited use of all features in the app on an unlimited number of cars and unlimited number of devices
- $39.99 USD/year for an annual subscription, again with unlimited use of all features, unlimited cars, unlimited devices.

In previous betas, we had some individual pricing for specific features (such as TPMS), but that's been scrapped. It's now an all-inclusive pass for 1 week or a yearly subscription. We feel that's a much simpler pricing model.

Enjoy
Old 07-17-16, 04:28 AM
stressed
Driver School Candidate

Do you need to be linked up with the hardware to make the upgrade purchase?
Old 07-17-16, 06:49 AM
lsft
Instructor

Received 511 Likes on 339 Posts
Default How do you know if you have pro version for lifetime?

I recall paying for the pro version a long time ago. After installing the new version, it didn't really show anything about pro or not pro. When i goto the debug menu, I see I can disown the pro version does that mean I have pro for lifetime?

Originally Posted by Carista
Hi guys! As Baxter64 pointed out, we've just released v3.0 officially! We've been pretty silent on the forums because we've been hard at work on the new version and haven't had time to hang out here. But we've now hired more personnel and we'll have more of an active presence. We have definitely not gone bust!

Here's the scoop on the new pricing. It went through a bunch of iterations during the beta-testing phases, so ignore any prior information you may have seen:
- If you already have the Pro Package, you get unlimited lifetime access to all features in the app, including the TPMS functionality when it becomes available officially (it's still in beta now). You will not have to pay anything.
- If you don't already have the Pro Package, you can still get it for the next few days via a "backdoor" that we're leaving for our early adopters: just open the debug menu in Carista and pick "Purchase old Pro Package". On iOS, it's in the slide-out menu from the left. On Android, open the slide-out menu and tap on the "Version 3.0" label 5 times to get the debug menu to pop up.

If you do neither of those things, here's the new pricing:
- $9.99 USD for a 1-week pass for unlimited use of all features in the app on an unlimited number of cars and unlimited number of devices
- $39.99 USD/year for an annual subscription, again with unlimited use of all features, unlimited cars, unlimited devices.

In previous betas, we had some individual pricing for specific features (such as TPMS), but that's been scrapped. It's now an all-inclusive pass for 1 week or a yearly subscription. We feel that's a much simpler pricing model.

Enjoy
Old 07-17-16, 07:58 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stressed
Do you need to be linked up with the hardware to make the upgrade purchase?
No.

Originally Posted by lsft
I recall paying for the pro version a long time ago. After installing the new version, it didn't really show anything about pro or not pro. When i goto the debug menu, I see I can disown the pro version does that mean I have pro for lifetime?
On Android, if you go to the debug menu and press "Purchase old Pro Package", confirm the prompts, and then press "BUY" in our popup that shows the description of the pro package, if the popup just goes away, that means you have the Pro Package already. If it launches the payment process in Google Play, then you don't.

Alternatively, you can look for email receipts from Google Play about your purchase. Make sure the subject of that email doesn't start with "Test" - if it does, it was a fake test purchase and you don't actually own it (and you weren't charged).

On iOS, it's easier - just open the side menu and pick "Restore purchases" and the app will tell you if you own it.

Quick Reply: Carista app information (Merged Threads)