NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: Do you like Lexus' new Remote Touch Interface (RTI) Touchpad?
Yes, with haptic feedback ENABLED.
28.57%
Yes, with haptic feedback DISABLED.
36.90%
Somewhat.
17.86%
No, it's a bad input device.
16.67%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Remote Touch Interface Touchpad - Yay or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-15, 01:58 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Finally we have a way to customize the touchpad speed among other things. Thanks to TSopranoMB.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ml#post9233847

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/.../embed/dynamic
Old 12-03-15, 03:20 AM
joeyd27
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Finally we have a way to customize the touchpad speed among other things. Thanks to TSopranoMB.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ml#post9233847

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/.../embed/dynamic
This is awesome. I changed to "Flick for Maps OFF/List ON'. This makes moving the cursor quickly around the map MUCH better. This was my biggest complaint of the touchpad. Now if I could find a way to turn off the "double tap to select" feature.
Old 12-03-15, 07:27 AM
NXVV
Driver School Candidate

No for touchpad,

for driver it is not great but for passenger it sure is a good thing .
Old 12-03-15, 11:36 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by NXVV
for driver it is not great but for passenger it sure is a good thing .
As long as the passenger is a southpaw. (in left-sided steering wheel cars)
Old 12-04-15, 05:30 PM
skabei
Driver

Originally Posted by joeyd27
This is awesome. I changed to "Flick for Maps OFF/List ON'. This makes moving the cursor quickly around the map MUCH better. This was my biggest complaint of the touchpad. Now if I could find a way to turn off the "double tap to select" feature.
Is there really no way to turn off the double-tap to select?
Old 03-19-17, 08:08 PM
rubbering
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus NX200t Navi/Media Interface is an embarrassment ...!

Please tell me there will soon be a Firmware Update in 2017 of the Lexus Navi/Media Interface, and dismal Mouse-pad control. This, as in Everything About it is a wreck...! Picking out a Channel List off of Sirius takes quite of bit of patience for 1-7, but then it just is not accessible..Voice Control is abysmal failure.... And as for the awful mouse touchpad jumps all over the screen, and then just when you have a bald patch of pulling out one's hair, everything just disappears..and reboots? Faboulous..! Is this Lexus...really...??

And WHAT...NO Android/Apple Car..? What logic is there, in that something so important, and and Easy Fix on your Mess Navi, that Android/Apple Car would be simplest solution to make up for the Navi Mess. What is the reasoning for the lack of shine on this Most Important Feature to control one's entire Media/Navigation/Mobile Control to have such a low level tech application in a Late Model LEXUS? Just don't understand...!!
Old 03-20-17, 01:30 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

As far as the jumpy touchpad goes, have you tried to fine-tune it based on this video?

My touchpad is now very nice to use, as compared to what it was from the factory. Is it 100% perfect? No, but at least it is now usable.
The following users liked this post:
GlenK (03-21-17)
Old 03-20-17, 01:36 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

New user and 2 trashing posts right away? Stay awhile and we'll let you know how do we feel about the Lexus Navi.
Old 03-20-17, 01:40 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I guess you didn't test out those important requirements during the test drive...
Old 03-20-17, 02:06 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

You know what is embarrassing? If you purchased the car and did not do any research on the car. Aside from the test drive, where you should've tested everything. A forum, such as, this one, has a lot of information regarding the infotainment system, mouse pad and owner experience. If you had all this information and still bought the car... why are you even complaining here? Lexus didn't hide anything from you. You just didn't do your homework.

Admins, I don't see this thread going anywhere.
Old 03-20-17, 07:49 PM
jimbug
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks NXOwner as I was looking for a way to slow my cursor speed down. Done!

To the OP: We are coming from a totaled RX300, so our perspective is different. First, we are thankful to God and Lexus for keeping my daughter safe. Second, we had almost no technology in our totaled RX300 or my current RX300. So, we are so thankful for what tech we have in this one. We are amazed every time the phone rings and we can talk on the cellphone through the speakers. Or talk to Navigation asking for Rest Area or Gas, etc.
I could go on, but my point is it's all about perspective I guess.

Last edited by jimbug; 03-20-17 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-21-17, 06:55 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I happen to agree with the OP. The Nav system is awful. The touchpad is a disaster. It takes driver attention from the road far too much no matter what the setting is.

I'm looking forward to turning in my lease and getting a 2017 NX with a Scout GPS link,

" An intelligent alternative to onboard navigation, Scout® GPS Link uses a smartphone app to offer turn-by-turn directions via the multimedia display. Separate from Lexus Enform* services and subscription-free, Scout GPS Link provides drivers with real-time traffic info, personalized commute times, automatic traffic avoidance and more. "
Old 03-21-17, 07:34 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I happen to agree with the OP. The Nav system is awful. The touchpad is a disaster. It takes driver attention from the road far too much no matter what the setting is.

I'm looking forward to turning in my lease and getting a 2017 NX with a Scout GPS link,

" An intelligent alternative to onboard navigation, Scout® GPS Link uses a smartphone app to offer turn-by-turn directions via the multimedia display. Separate from Lexus Enform* services and subscription-free, Scout GPS Link provides drivers with real-time traffic info, personalized commute times, automatic traffic avoidance and more. "
I would encourage you to first go read the online reviews of Scout...
Old 03-21-17, 05:11 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

agree voice recognition is frustrating at best, but LOVE the touch pad, can't imagine using a ****.
Old 03-22-17, 05:54 PM
dgsx1997
Driver School Candidate

I don't understand why there was an attack made on a member, new or old, when an opinion is shared?

The Lexus voice recognition may be one of the grandist failures, aside from the fob being remote start incapable after an overpriced subscription is expired. Lexus requires that you memorize the tree to utilize the VR vs. the VR adjusting more intelligently to you (or at least taking data from the VR to datamine where improvements are needed and regularly improving it). Let's face it, VR just isnt very mature, so Lexus not supporting a superior VR, Apple, is a bit pretentious.

Back to my rant of key fob capabilities... In addition to Lexus having this within their holistic pricing model, I may not return to Lexus when purchasing my next vehicle because of this simple item. To disable an offline feature, which isn't technically reliant on the subscription, simply spells not customer centric.

So as to not leave out the discussion about the mouse pad, I personally have no issues. I suppose that I acclimate well to most applications and their user interfaces. That being said, the implementation isn't perfect.

While I've been an avid Lexus owner for many years, with over 4 past Lexus Vehicles, the NX200t has a few annoyances that are a bit more difficult to overcome (their VR has always sucked, so this isn't one of them). I've always sacrificed the lack of power and sheer fun, simply because I believe in the pursuit of the perfect all around car. Is Lexus moving toward their missions statement, or against it?

Quick Reply: Remote Touch Interface Touchpad - Yay or Nay?