NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Running Boards (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-16, 03:44 AM
dynot
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about side stepboards

Has anyone had the side stepboards installed? Are they really useful or are they just cosmetic? I ask because my parents are elderly and would probably find it difficult climbing in and out. At the $1K price for this accessory I want to make sure it will help. Also, what are your thoughts about the overall impact of the look of the vehicle?
Old 01-28-16, 06:40 AM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

These ones?

I think they can be useful. My mother crawls/jumps in the car like it's a truck... I don't find the NX that high but I am much taller than her. Is it that expensive in Canada? It's only $665 here in Australia and I think ATM CAD = AUD.
Old 01-28-16, 08:03 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I can't speak for how much help they might be for your parents, but they are a help for my granddaughter getting in and out the back.
Old 01-28-16, 09:33 AM
dynot
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
These ones?

I think they can be useful. My mother crawls/jumps in the car like it's a truck... I don't find the NX that high but I am much taller than her. Is it that expensive in Canada? It's only $665 here in Australia and I think ATM CAD = AUD.
Yes, those are the ones. Pretty expensive at $1,030 so want to make sure they will help.

Originally Posted by typocl
I can't speak for how much help they might be for your parents, but they are a help for my granddaughter getting in and out the back.
Yeah...I'll be needing for grandkids too in the next couple of years.
Old 01-31-16, 06:50 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So Yesterday I went to the dealer and asked about pricing... They initially wanted $1200 for the boards. Said there was 4 hours of book time on them. I mentioned that I could get the boards for 600, and install them myself. He told me that we could probably do $800ish. Think that's a fair price? I do, but I'd like some other opinions here... Mud flaps were going to be about 3-400 installed. Anyone have an idea of which route I should take?
Old 01-31-16, 05:55 PM
reasry
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeW83
So Yesterday I went to the dealer and asked about pricing... They initially wanted $1200 for the boards. Said there was 4 hours of book time on them. I mentioned that I could get the boards for 600, and install them myself. He told me that we could probably do $800ish. Think that's a fair price? I do, but I'd like some other opinions here... Mud flaps were going to be about 3-400 installed. Anyone have an idea of which route I should take?
Mud flaps are $80-90 and you can install it yourself. That price quote is ridiculous. I had the same thing happen to me at the dealership.
Old 01-31-16, 06:13 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MikeW83
I think that's a fair price. In Australia they are $665 as I said, and if they are willing to include labour ($800 - $665 = $135 labour) then I think that is okay.

Originally Posted by reasry
Mud flaps are $80-90 and you can install it yourself. That price quote is ridiculous. I had the same thing happen to me at the dealership.
He's asking about running boards, not mud flaps...
Old 02-01-16, 05:56 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
I think that's a fair price. In Australia they are $665 as I said, and if they are willing to include labour ($800 - $665 = $135 labour) then I think that is okay.

He's asking about running boards, not mud flaps...
Thanks for the input guys! And to be fair TeaAholic, I did sort of ask about both :P I think 3-400 for mudflaps is criminal! The labor rate at my dealer is $135/hr. Even with that, it doesn't take 2 hours to bolt on some mud guards lol
Old 04-05-16, 09:32 PM
Pinkab0o
Driver School Candidate

Default Cost?

Originally Posted by typocl
I had the dealer install running boards, it's in the recent photos I posted in the Pics Of Your NX Now thread, but here they are as well:

They don't really extend past the doors in the center much at all, you don't get a lot of surface to stand on until you open the doors.

Cost me nothing, but then again, I paid MSRP. I had the dealer throw in the running boards, body side molding, mud guards, and bumper protector. Took over a day for them to install it all as the running boards seem to be a little complicated to install.

The car is low enough that you don't really need them to get in and out. I mainly got it for the future when I might get roof cross bars. I found the running boards on my RAV4 helpful when throwing things on the roof and tying things down.
I am thinking of adding the side mold I have the same car as you same color too. Side molding doesn't look bad. Do you happen to know how much it will cost to get it from th dealership and how much for them to install?
Old 04-06-16, 08:03 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I had them throw it in for free during purchase. From the Lexus website, it's a $199 accessory. Depending on your dealership, it can vary on how much they will charge. There was one post recently where a dealership was charging for 5 hours of labor. If you're handy, you could do this yourself. Just measure three times...

the molding is attached by double sided tape. There's a Lexus dealer selling on ebay for $112. The photo is generic, but the text for this auction is Atomic Silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-FA...9T5SHf&vxp=mtr

The install instructions are in this post:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post9230986

Last edited by typocl; 04-06-16 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-22-16, 11:32 AM
YazRN
Driver School Candidate

Default Nx Side-step

Hello,

I am a new owner of an NX F Sport in atomic silver and have been reading around here for the past week or so, I was wondering has anyone added a side step/running board to their NX? Do you folks have any reccomendations on any that would look good in particular? And does it add a benefit to the overall look of the vehicle?

Thanks in advance!
Yaz
Old 09-22-16, 12:50 PM
RonNFla
Driver School Candidate

I have the OEM side steps and love them

Old 09-22-16, 12:59 PM
YazRN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RonNFla
I have the OEM side steps and love them

Looks great! Thanks, is the official lexus one or an aftermarket? Who installed them for you?Thanks!
Old 09-22-16, 01:04 PM
RonNFla
Driver School Candidate

Lexus part PZQ44-42100 and installed by dealer, approx $1,000.00 total
Old 09-22-16, 01:06 PM
YazRN
Driver School Candidate

Thank you,Does anyone have an experience with an aftermarket side-step?

Quick Reply: NX Running Boards (Merged Threads)