Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts
Default Creaking rearview mirror and fix

See DIY here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ew-mirror.html
Old 07-17-15, 07:43 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D4V1D
Ooooohhhh, that's right. I forgot about the lane departure option. Its the only thing our car doesn't have. Question though...in the US, you can't have Premium LED's with Auto High Beams. Do you guys have that option?
We have that option on our NX in Hawaii. Triple beam LEDs and upgraded DRLs. But we had to get the Luxury package to get the auto high beams. What we don't get is the Lexus Enform stuff. They claim no satellite over Hawaii.
Old 07-19-15, 12:05 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Check to see if it's coming from the mirror plastic housing on the windshield. Press on it when you hear a squeak in the headliner to see if it's that. Mine is squeaking and is coming from there. Should be an easy fix to reduce or eliminate that squeak. I'll update this weekend.
I found where the noise was coming from. it's the passenger side sun visor. when I'm driving and the sun visor is sitting flush against the headliner, the mirror housing in the visor is hitting the light housing that's sitting above it.
Old 07-24-15, 09:28 AM
t6falmas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rattle in the dashboard passenger side

We purchased a 2015 Lexus 2015 NX200t this year. Its the base model.we have 600 miles on the clock. We absolutely love the car! however, there is a rattling sound coming out of the dashboard passenger side/could also be from the front passenger door panel. a sound that could be coming for the plastic trim piece(the carbon fiber look a like) on the dash above the glove box. it sounds like plastic rubbing on dash. Its driving us insane!!! of course you only hear it intermittently!! and depends on the road you drive on. Any ideas? Noise was there from day 1. The SUV was ordered and delivered to us. We test drove a different car.

Wind noise is there but expected. no other issues.

Last edited by t6falmas; 07-24-15 at 10:11 AM. Reason: to refine the description
Old 07-24-15, 09:35 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by t6falmas
We purchased a 2015 Lexus 2015 NX200t this year. Its the base model. We absolutely love the car! however, there is a rattling sound coming out of the dashboard passenger side/could be also from the front passenger door panel. a sound that could be coming for the trim piece carbon fiber look a like on the dash above the glove box. it sounds like plastic rubbing on dash. Its driving us insane... of course you only hear it intermittently!! and ideas?

As per tresmith00, did you rule out the sunvisor including the flap that slides out?

How about taking everything out of the glovebox and the center console?

Under what conditions does the rattle occur?
- First, is it more of a squeak, popping noise, buzzing sound, or rattle?
- Hot or cold, or ambient temp interior cabin.
- Over bumpy roads.
- With or without a passenger seated.
- Etc.
Old 07-24-15, 03:43 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Smile Creaking HVAC Dash Cover Before and After Dealer Fix

The top HVAC plastic cover was starting to creak in hot temperatures especially with the sun beaming on it. It became annoying while driving even over relatively smooth surfaces.

Since this was not a simple DIY in removing the cover without possibly damaging something, I decided to get Lexus to fix it under warranty.

Needless to say, they added insulating (felt) material in between plastic parts resulting in a very tight assembly. It's rock solid now.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-24-15 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-25-15, 07:09 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

The top HVAC plastic cover was starting to creak in hot temperatures especially with the sun beaming on it. It became annoying while driving even over relatively smooth surfaces.

Since this was not a simple DIY in removing the cover without possibly damaging something, I decided to get Lexus to fix it under warranty.

Needless to say, they added insulating (felt) material in between plastic parts resulting in a very tight assembly. It's rock solid now.

https://youtu.be/8y_Gqe_L_KM
Mine is doing this a little since it has been so hot...also, the AC vents depending on the angle they are will make a little cracking noise as well as the silver side pieces on the doors where the air hits....once the car cools, it stops on mine mostly..thanks for sharing !
Old 07-25-15, 07:14 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by t6falmas
We purchased a 2015 Lexus 2015 NX200t this year. Its the base model.we have 600 miles on the clock. We absolutely love the car! however, there is a rattling sound coming out of the dashboard passenger side/could also be from the front passenger door panel. a sound that could be coming for the plastic trim piece(the carbon fiber look a like) on the dash above the glove box. it sounds like plastic rubbing on dash. Its driving us insane!!! of course you only hear it intermittently!! and depends on the road you drive on. Any ideas? Noise was there from day 1. The SUV was ordered and delivered to us. We test drove a different car.

Mine a a little cracking noise...coming from the AC vent..Once I adjusted the tilt angle, it stopped. Also, when is is real hot, the AC hits that silver piece on the door and makes cracking sound. Once cooler temp is reached, it also stops. Mine is basically heat related, but you might try adjusting the vent on that side.
Old 07-25-15, 01:22 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Mine is doing this a little since it has been so hot...also, the AC vents depending on the angle they are will make a little cracking noise as well as the silver side pieces on the doors where the air hits....once the car cools, it stops on mine mostly..thanks for sharing !
Yeah same here with the vents but it's just one or two creaks while cooling down so I'm good with that.
Old 08-28-15, 04:05 PM
Kosukuboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering popping noise

Experiencing a steering popping noise when turning the steering wheels after the first initial start up of the engine.
Old 09-16-15, 09:46 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Coincidentally yesterday, I discovered an adjacent small rattle in the overhead console area. I added similar material (was black grippy drawer lining) in the ceiling liner right above the mirror, crammed in the 1-2 mm of space separating it and the roof. I suspect it's the wiring from the mirror and safety hardware that is moving ever so slightly over bumps making the noise. It's been a day, knock on wood, no more rattle as soon as I put this material in the gap.

My NX is only a week old and I've noticed this rattling at the top forward end of the overhead console, too.

At first I thought it was the mirror and after countless mirror adjustments, squeezes, taps, etc, I pinpointed the source as coming from the overhead console.

I will try to put some of that foam or grippy drawer lining up there and see.

Thanks, @corradoMR2
Old 09-17-15, 05:53 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

RXOwner, some small squeaking has resurfaced recently in the overhead console. Not sure if perhaps the material moved around allowing the wires to tap against the headliner, but keep us posted on any progress on your end. I may end up revisiting mine the next few days and will update.
Old 09-23-15, 05:07 PM
NXOwner
Racer

RXOwner, some small squeaking has resurfaced recently in the overhead console. Not sure if perhaps the material moved around allowing the wires to tap against the headliner, but keep us posted on any progress on your end. I may end up revisiting mine the next few days and will update.
I didn't want to bother with a DIY solution for this, especially when the car is only two weeks old, so I took it into the dealership this morning. A technician wanted to test drive it with me, so we went. I was so concerned that the squeak wouldn't happen with him in the car, but it did.👂 Whew! 👍

They said they would look into it and gave me a 2015 RX 350 loaner. Later in the morning, I get a call saying that the noise has been fixed. I'm not sure what the resolution is, but I'll find out when I go and pick it up in a little while.
Old 09-23-15, 09:15 PM
NXOwner
Racer

My overhead rattling noise is no longer! 👌 My dealership fixed it with some insulation (felt). See attached work-order results...

Old 09-24-15, 05:41 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^RXOwner, thanks for posting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX Noises, Squeaks, Rattles and Solutions Thread