NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Home, Startup, and Display Screen Pics and Setup (Merged Threads)

Old 03-19-15, 08:54 AM
ncast2523
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Home, Startup, and Display Screen Pics and Setup (Merged Threads)

I have been messing with the layout quit a bit and haven't settled on any particular configuration yet. For now I have it split in half vertically in two regions with nav on one side and radio on the other.

How are you guys using it?

Has anyone uploaded custom images yet?
Old 03-19-15, 08:57 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I go Navigation on the left side then split the right side with Weather on top and Audio on the bottom.
Old 03-19-15, 09:02 AM
ncast2523
Driver School Candidate

I would like using 3 widgets but I didn't like how the album art gets smaller if you put the radio in a 1/4 screen box.

I noticed the nav is useless unless it's in a half screen size box because in a 1/4 size box it turns into a compass and has text telling you what street you are on.
Old 03-19-15, 09:13 AM
Auntcoco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can you upload your image? Does this mean it would be like a screensaver?
Old 03-19-15, 09:24 AM
ncast2523
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Auntcoco
How can you upload your image? Does this mean it would be like a screensaver?
I'm not sure how it works but I saw the option to do so when I was messing around in all of the menus. I think you need to put the image on a thumb drive and upload it via usb. I will try it later and report back.
Old 03-19-15, 09:50 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

for a custom image, you put the images (up to 5 I think) on a FAT32 formatted thumbdrive under a specific folder

then go to the menu option for that and copy the files you want, then you can choose from the files for your startup and poweroff images. Startup image works fine for me (it shows for a short time), but the power off image doesn't seem to be displaying.

I use a Stark Industries / Jarvis image for my startup. I saw someone else put an image on their Lexus startup that had a big warning to the tune of "unauthorized access detected, contacting authorities and activating GPS tracker".
Old 03-19-15, 09:28 PM
p0c1
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,

How do you guys do that?

I don't think we have that option to customize the home screen on ours here in Australia..

Damn...

Happy to be corrected though..
Old 03-19-15, 10:40 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

should be in Setup, then the first entry there (General) Then scroll down to Customize Image (something like this)

Then you have the option to copy from USB, Delete, Set.
Old 03-20-15, 02:50 PM
nxlee
Driver School Candidate

Default Screen shot posting

Originally Posted by GlenK
I go Navigation on the left side then split the right side with Weather on top and Audio on the bottom.
GlenK,

Would you post a picture of your screen set up as described??

In Sirius, do both the album name and the song title appear on the audio portion (I hope) ??

Thanks very much.
Old 03-21-15, 07:49 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nxlee
GlenK,

In Sirius, do both the album name and the song title appear on the audio portion (I hope) ??

Thanks very much.
Here's the Home Screen set up, note the icon at the top with the arrow. Clicking on that brings up the customize screen shown below. Yes, it does show the Artist and song playing.

Old 03-21-15, 09:11 AM
nxlee
Driver School Candidate

Default Split screen question

Originally Posted by GlenK
Here's the Home Screen set up, note the icon at the top with the arrow. Clicking on that brings up the customize screen shown below. Yes, it does show the Artist and song playing.

GlenK,

Sorry to confuse. My qustion was meant to be about "On Broadway" (ch. 71 or 72, I think), where the PRODUCTION NAME (possibly the disc title) and the SONG TITLE might be shown... not so sure about the availability of this combo.. although it makes some sense to me. I did see it on some other makes.

Thanks again for your patience. I really like your choice of screen layout.
Old 03-22-15, 01:01 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Nice that the US folks can choose an app like the Weather Network thanks to Enform.

Here's how I have mine setup. NAV 50%; Audio 25%; Fuel Consumption 25%

Old 03-23-15, 11:30 AM
athiker
Rookie

Originally Posted by nxlee
GlenK,

Thanks very much.
I can't get the album title to show using the half and half set-up so I use the 3 part set up as well....don't seem to lose anything. Nav/Radio/Weather. I still see the artist and song title.

The only thing you lose from the half and half set-up is the half and half does sometimes show the album cover but often just a stock picture of the artist it seems.

Anyone know how to make it stay on the full Radio screen when you push the Radio button short of changing the home screen? Sometimes I have the Nav running, but know I'm going to be on a stretch of road for a good ways so want to just stay on the full Radio screen till I choose to go back to Nav. System seems to auto pop back to the Nav screen though after just a few minutes.

This makes it a multi-step process to change a radio station (other than twisting the right **** blindly).

Likewise, is there a way to go to full Nav screen, not my Home screeb b/c its split 3 ways, with one input when I'm anywhere other than my Home screen? Most vehicles I've seen have a hard Menu and Nav button but the Lexus chose to have a hard Menu and Radio button and no direct Nav button?

The last thing I want to do when I'm coming up on a turn is to click the Home button and then track pad over to the Nav section of the screen and then click. I just want to pop to the full Nav screen quickly...if anything can wait...its switching to the radio.
Old 03-23-15, 01:16 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 843 Likes on 638 Posts

athiker, go to Menu/Setup/General and turn off "Auto Screen Change"
Old 03-23-15, 01:59 PM
athiker
Rookie

Originally Posted by mcomer
athiker, go to Menu/Setup/General and turn off "Auto Screen Change"
Awesome, thank you! I will check it out this evening. I need to spend an hour just playing around with settings at my next kid's soccer practice. I started reading one of the many manuals the other night...didn't make it too far yet...it did help me go to sleep though.

Edit: Worked perfectly, thank you. I was able to keep the radio screen up during my commute home.

Last edited by athiker; 03-23-15 at 08:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Home, Startup, and Display Screen Pics and Setup (Merged Threads)