The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^ Great to hear and fingers' crossed!
Old 02-14-15, 01:10 PM
leej865
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cb80923
Got the NX back this morning - Nav/Radio unit replaced.

Everything looks good and works correctly - hopefully it will stay that way.

Again kudos to my dealer/service dept in Colorado Springs. Sirrius/XM restarted for another 3 months trial, Lexus REMOTE App and Lexus Enform App all synced with my account etc... just sign, get in and drive away.
Everything still going well?
Old 02-14-15, 08:50 PM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by leej865
Everything still going well?
After the Nav/radio replacement a couple weeks ago all is going great. No issues at all.
Old 02-15-15, 03:54 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by cb80923
After the Nav/radio replacement a couple weeks ago all is going great. No issues at all.
was it you i told that they will replace the unit month or so ago? Thats how it usually works... good thing is that it does not happen with new one, so it must not be software.
Old 03-01-15, 09:44 AM
HappyNXMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Nav unit hates the cold

For my NX200T, when the outside temp is less than 38F and the engine is cold, the nav unit (including music) will freeze (no pun intended). No buttons will then work on the unit. When you hold in the power button to reset the unit, it comes back fine and stays fine as long as the engine is warmed up.

Since I live in Phoenix and predominantly stay in Phoenix, it is not a huge issue for me. But when I traveled to Colorado, I definitely got sneers from people riding with me, having to reset the unit on a new Lexus each morning.

I talked to the dealer in Phoenix when I got back to Arizona from a Colorado trip, and they said to drive it for a week and they would contact me. That was about 6 weeks ago. But as i said, it is not an issue unless it is cold outside. But I eventually will want it addressed.
Old 03-02-15, 07:13 PM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I may have just set a new worlds record on this one. My unit completely froze up today as we took delivery of the car. We had yet to put it in drive. The salesman had to come out to get it going again.
Same symptoms as the prior post. It was 36 degrees and the car was cold.

Last edited by joeyb; 03-03-15 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-11-15, 12:40 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NonFormula
cb: The "good laugh" you speak of must come from "dark humor!" We are the ones who suffer. I am the one that's frightened every time I start up my NX. And I am the one who has been abandoned by Lexus corporate.......until now. The electronic situation on the NX is not to be compared with other manufacturers. The lack of control over most functions at high speed is dangerous and unnerving. Some forum members have called me "a troll." Some have been rather defensive about their product. And some have been super supportive.

I have been voicing my concerns, posting videos since I took delivery of this vehicle. Tell me, does it take an article, an alert from Consumer Reports to give my complaints legitimacy? Do I need to be in an auto accident for some of you, and Lexus, to see me as "credible?"

I'd like to comment on Jeanine Yanes at Lexus corporate, who stated a few weeks ago that she was "closing my case." I'd also like to comment on the nicest service manager, George Grover, at Desert Lexus, who twice....one week apart, refused to see my NX 300h. "I have nothing to offer you, until Lexus comes up with a solution." Desert Kexus refused to even look at my vehicle. Until now, dealing with the GSM at Lexus Bevery Hills, and finally, Carolyn R. Numata from Lexus corporate, I have felt abandoned. My vehicle has sat in my garage for more than one week. I feel unsafe driving it. It was finally picked up and transported to my selling dealership, Lexus of Beverly Hills.

Good luck to all.

I can laugh, yes, but only from the darkest place, as a form of comic relief.
Nonformula:

Sorry for your grief; I have experienced same with my 2014 IS 350 AWD F Sport.

I tried to private message you, but I'm not able to.

Any updates on your matter; from your dealer, from corporate?

Please private message me if you like.

Thanks.