NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Remote Start with FOB

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 10:56 AM
rwong8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '16 NX - Work?

Has anyone tried this on '16 NX200T FSport model?

Remote Start works via the Lexus App, but having trouble getting the car to start via keyfob at approx. 10 ft.

Tried multiple times, 2 quick lock presses and hold down on 3rd.
Old 01-21-16, 05:58 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by rwong8
Has anyone tried this on '16 NX200T FSport model?

Remote Start works via the Lexus App, but having trouble getting the car to start via keyfob at approx. 10 ft.

Tried multiple times, 2 quick lock presses and hold down on 3rd.
You should have this feature. For some reason and according to the dealer, the car has to be parked in a clear area and have good reception, similar to using the app to start.
Old 01-21-16, 06:35 PM
jimp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My enform subscription expired , now the remote start from the key pod or iPad no longer works!! Nice toy but not worth $350 a year to me!
Old 01-21-16, 06:53 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jimp
My enform subscription expired , now the remote start from the key pod or iPad no longer works!! Nice toy but not worth $350 a year to me!
It's actually $219.99/year, which also includes Safety Connect (needed for car to have data connection). It's still a little steep for this feature.
Old 01-23-16, 07:53 PM
CarlitoIS
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I have it on my 2015 IS. I haven't used the remote start but I've used the app to lock and unlock the door and check the vehicle status. If I hit start engine, whether it's from the app or from the key fob, it always shuts off the engine when you open the door? Even if I'm like 10 feet away? I don't know why I would even use the feature unless it's 100F outside and I need to cool the car.. Either way, I'm actually paying monthly for the service instead of the yearly option. It comes out less per year. I think the Safety Connect is worth it.
Old 01-24-16, 06:05 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlitoIS
If I hit start engine, whether it's from the app or from the key fob, it always shuts off the engine when you open the door? Even if I'm like 10 feet away?
Lexus did this as an anti-theft measure to prevent people from stealing your ride. It's the same on all Lexus models equipped with factory remote start.

The R.S. is useful in 100f weather like you said, and also frigid temps as well. The cars will turn on the heated seats, ventilated seats, rear defroster, front window defroster, etc. so you're that much closer to just driving away when you're ready. Unless you live in a super moderate climate like San Diego, you end up using it a lot more than you'd think...
Old 01-24-16, 12:34 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

getting conflicting reports - does remote start with the FOB still work when Enform subscription expires? Seems to me, technically, all the parts are there for it to continue working.
Old 01-24-16, 06:17 PM
CarlitoIS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MikeW83
Lexus did this as an anti-theft measure to prevent people from stealing your ride. It's the same on all Lexus models equipped with factory remote start.

The R.S. is useful in 100f weather like you said, and also frigid temps as well. The cars will turn on the heated seats, ventilated seats, rear defroster, front window defroster, etc. so you're that much closer to just driving away when you're ready. Unless you live in a super moderate climate like San Diego, you end up using it a lot more than you'd think...
Thanks man, quick question, does the car know what to turn on? If one morning it's cold outside and I decide to turn on the Lexus remote start, will it adjust the temperature? In Miami this rarely happens but just this morning it was in the 40s, after being 70 something all week. I wonder if the car will know whether to turn on the AC and blow cool or warm air.
Old 01-24-16, 10:25 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Thanks man, quick question, does the car know what to turn on? If one morning it's cold outside and I decide to turn on the Lexus remote start, will it adjust the temperature? In Miami this rarely happens but just this morning it was in the 40s, after being 70 something all week. I wonder if the car will know whether to turn on the AC and blow cool or warm air.
It will turn on to whatever you left the car on when you turned it off. So if you left it in Auto, 72°F, and heated seats on, then it wil turn those things on when you remote start it.
Old 01-25-16, 04:56 AM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dchar is correct. HOWEVER, I've noticed lately that my heated seats have been coming on automatically when using the R.S. I think the car uses the outside temp to determine if they're needed or not. Once it senses that it is possibly freezing conditions outside, it engages the seat. I only know this because I never leave mine on. Once they've warmed up, I shut them off.

So you can imagine my surprise one morning when I'm outside the car and look in to see the three LED's glowing for them. to Lexus for this one. It would be nice if the Ventilated work the same way, but I'll have to wait a few months to find out!
Old 01-25-16, 08:25 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
getting conflicting reports - does remote start with the FOB still work when Enform subscription expires? Seems to me, technically, all the parts are there for it to continue working.
My Enform Sub expired on 9 December. I could remote start with the Key Fob for what seemed like 45 days afterwards, then it stopped. So, after the Enform Sub expires, the remote start with Key Fob will eventually stop working. What changed? I simply cannot press the Lock button 3 times in a row now. After the second push, there is a lag/delay/pause before the 3rd "beep and lights" and obviously this does not allow the engine to start.

Thank god its just a lease! I plan to go back to a luxury SUV as soon as the lease is up (that has remote start standard, not some way overpriced option b.s.)!
Old 01-25-16, 09:10 AM
typocl
Instructor

Originally Posted by cb80923
My Enform Sub expired on 9 December. I could remote start with the Key Fob for what seemed like 45 days afterwards, then it stopped. So, after the Enform Sub expires, the remote start with Key Fob will eventually stop working. What changed? I simply cannot press the Lock button 3 times in a row now. After the second push, there is a lag/delay/pause before the 3rd "beep and lights" and obviously this does not allow the engine to start.

Thank god its just a lease! I plan to go back to a luxury SUV as soon as the lease is up (that has remote start standard, not some way overpriced option b.s.)!
that's just a shame - the FOB obviously doesn't talk back to Lexus, so all the parts are there for it to start the car without communication back to Lexus. I understand some of the other stuff not working after the subscription is up, like Safety Connect and Enform on the phone, which require carrier service of some sort.
Old 01-25-16, 01:29 PM
typocl
Instructor

hmmm, I wonder if the logic behind the remote start and enform link stops working when a "kill pill" is pushed down, or if it just sees if a carrier signal is valid. If it's a kill pill that has to be pushed, wonder what happens if you disable (have no idea how) the carrier signal before the kill pill.

Who wants to wrap their car in tin foil for 2 months after enform stops?
Old 01-25-16, 06:52 PM
CarlitoIS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MikeW83
Dchar is correct. HOWEVER, I've noticed lately that my heated seats have been coming on automatically when using the R.S. I think the car uses the outside temp to determine if they're needed or not. Once it senses that it is possibly freezing conditions outside, it engages the seat. I only know this because I never leave mine on. Once they've warmed up, I shut them off.

So you can imagine my surprise one morning when I'm outside the car and look in to see the three LED's glowing for them. to Lexus for this one. It would be nice if the Ventilated work the same way, but I'll have to wait a few months to find out!
This is pretty cool. I always wondered if it worked that way. I mean what would be the point otherwise for R.S. ..
Old 01-25-16, 07:47 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

I guess just add this :

Quick Reply: Remote Start with FOB