NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Remote Start with FOB

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-15, 08:18 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spcran4d
The NX has key fob-based remote start. Read the thread above for more information.
Yes, but no one without the subscriptions has been able to get the key fob start to work. Those members in Canada can't get it to work and they don't have the option for the subscriptions, so it appears the two might be linked, though I will say there is not a 100% confirmation of that in the US.

Phil
Old 03-03-15, 12:45 PM
rspjr05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by philwojo
I can't answer this as we have ENFORM, but I did get this to work with the FOB. I think it might be linked to ENFORM in terms of the ECU and having the remote start as part of that and the FOB is just a secondary option that also works, but that is just a guess.

I found from me personal experience with using the FOB that you have to hit the "lock" button pretty quick the 1st 2 times before holding it for the 3rd time to get it to work. I tried doing it slower, like about 1 second in between presses and it wouldn't work that way.

Maybe someone without ENFORM can test it, or someone at a dealership with one that doesn't have ENFORM can test there.

Phil
I couldn't get to work - enrolled on the enform as well have the Fsport package
will practice a bit more and get back
Old 03-03-15, 12:55 PM
rspjr05
Driver School Candidate

Haven't been able to get it to work - tried several times
Old 03-03-15, 01:02 PM
rspjr05
Driver School Candidate

You are a genius !!! THANKS
Old 03-03-15, 01:04 PM
rspjr05
Driver School Candidate

The trick is to hit the lock button first two times as quick as you can and then the third time hold for 3 seconds and let go - wait and watch till you see the lights flash again and the engine start right away - thanks !!!
Old 07-02-15, 08:34 AM
mckinneyNX
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up our F Sport this week (another post and pics to come), but my Enform is not setup yet (working on that later) so using 3-button dance on my FOB only beeps, rolls down the windows and pops the moonroof.

My other car, 2013 Chrysler 300S, has remote start without having to have a subscription which is nice. Wish Lexus would follow suit...especially with a higher price tag!
Old 07-02-15, 08:43 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mckinneyNX
Just picked up our F Sport this week (another post and pics to come), but my Enform is not setup yet (working on that later) so using 3-button dance on my FOB only beeps, rolls down the windows and pops the moonroof.

My other car, 2013 Chrysler 300S, has remote start without having to have a subscription which is nice. Wish Lexus would follow suit...especially with a higher price tag!
Lexus has, for whatever reason, decided to make this feature a profit center. If and when you receive survey requests, make sure to mention this as something you wish would change.
Old 11-15-15, 04:22 PM
skarface
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those who let the enform subscription expire, does the remote start still work from the fob? I realize its supposed to stop just checking on what happens in reality. Thanks!
Old 12-11-15, 09:13 PM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Subscription to all Enform services expired earlier in the week.
Remote start with the key fob still works.
Will let you know if it changes.

Last edited by cb80923; 12-11-15 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-11-15, 09:35 PM
skarface
Rookie

Originally Posted by cb80923
Subscription to all Enform services expired earlier in the week.
Remote start with the key fob still works.
Will let you know if it changes.

Awesome yea let us know if they disable it
Old 12-15-15, 09:29 AM
cb80923
Driver

8 days ago my Enform services expired - Remote Start with Key Fob still works. Will update in a month or so.

Old 12-15-15, 01:36 PM
skarface
Rookie

Originally Posted by cb80923

8 days ago my Enform services expired - Remote Start with Key Fob still works. Will update in a month or so.

About how far away does the fob work to start the car? Does it work through walls? Basically can you start the car from inside your house? This is awesome if it works as well as a an aftermarket car starter.
Old 12-15-15, 01:41 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Published distance for the fob start/door lock/unlock/panic is '80.
Old 12-15-15, 08:53 PM
cb80923
Driver

It seems to have a decent distance on it. Out of habit I always hit it 4 times holding down on the 4th push for more than 2sec, and always hold the fob under my chin which will usually increase distance (tech hack). I can start mine from my office and the parking lot is a decent ways away. It's the visual - looking for the lights that can be a pain depending where I park. I start it every morning in my garage from the kitchen so yes thru walls (and then go crack the garage door a couple feet). I live here in the Arctic aka Colorado so it's a very nice option to have. I will never own a car without remote start in the future - and paying hundreds of dollars a year for the option is a load of crap - Chevy has it standard on practically all models.
Old 12-16-15, 02:34 PM
MikeW83
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You indeed can use the remote feature, separate of your Enform subscription. My 2010 RX450h had it installed, and I never paid for RES or RES+ or whatever they were calling it at the time. It's an additional module that gets installed onto the ignition system (just a guess.) At the time, it was a $600 dealer option. The problem is that our remotes have a harder/cheaper feel than the old gen fobs did... The buttons aren't as smooth and easy to press anymore. Maybe that will change with wear, but seeing as I barely ever use the fob, who knows. I ALWAYS used my remote start in winter, and with this newer fob, I'm noticing that I have a much lower success rate getting it to engage. If you're struggling, just remember:
Press Unlock,
Press Unlock,
then press AND KEEP HOLDING unlock until you see the NX blink about 4x in a row. It'll blink the turn signals 4 times, twice. You'll hear the engine kick over. The trick is to be rapid in your presses, you can't do it slowly

*Yes the video is for the RX, however it's the exact same procedure for the NX, if so equipped*

Last edited by MikeW83; 12-16-15 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Remote Start with FOB