NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-16, 06:31 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also gotten something similar to that for the parking assist, saying that the sensors were blocked.
Old 03-24-16, 07:33 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My cousin just bought a new 2016 Honda Accord and it has Apple Carplay. What's up with Lexus?
Old 03-24-16, 03:53 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
During a wet snowy drive.

I haven't got that yet or maybe I don't use adaptive cruise control as often as you do. :P
Old 03-24-16, 05:40 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Why do American cars have both MPH and km/h?
Old 03-24-16, 08:28 PM
lexusbexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
Why do American cars have both MPH and km/h?
Guilty conscience?
Old 03-24-16, 08:31 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexusbexus
Guilty conscience?
But the speed signs are in MPH are they not?
Old 03-24-16, 09:13 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 693 Likes on 509 Posts

Yes, speed limits are in MPH. Perhaps it's because the vehicles may be driven in countries to the north or south where signs are in KPH?
Old 03-25-16, 07:03 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

^^^ exactly. MPH in the US. KPH in Canada, Mexico, and southern american countries we 're connected to by land.
Old 03-25-16, 04:57 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

^^^ exactly. MPH in the US. KPH in Canada, Mexico, and southern american countries we 're connected to by land.
Maybe the US should start using km/h
Old 03-25-16, 06:19 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 693 Likes on 509 Posts

I would love it. We should have done it years ago. Don't know why that was abandoned all those years ago.
Old 03-25-16, 11:00 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Although I live in the U.S., I always have had all my dials, gauges, etc in my cars set to metric and celsius. All my smartphone apps are set for metric, too. As a scientist, I found it easier to understand and use (read, calculate, etc). I love it when I travel and get to live in the "metric world".

One complaint I have about the NX is that I have the navigation and everything I can set to metric, but there is no way to change the thermometer to celsius (between the two big dials, as well as on the dual climate displays on the dash).
Old 03-26-16, 04:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

@AndyL - first time I got the inactivation of the DRCC. But a quick wipe afterwards of the L emblem at front resolved the "issue".

@NXOwner - I agree the metric system is a better standardized "logical" system, but perhaps my science background is showing its bias here too . Funny enough, when it comes to home and car comfort (temps), it's the only exception where I prefer Fahrenheit and at home, I set it at 72F since 22C is a tad too low and 22.5 is a tad too high! Like you (but opposite), wish I was able to set the NX from C to F for my HVAC.
Old 03-26-16, 05:32 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NXOwner
One complaint I have about the NX is that I have the navigation and everything I can set to metric, but there is no way to change the thermometer to celsius (between the two big dials, as well as on the dual climate displays on the dash).
On my Honda, there are these combination of button you press (something ridiculous like press and hold temp up and fan down and recirculate all at the same time) and you can change the climate control system to F to C.

There must be some sort of secret menu in the Lexus climate controls system too? See if there is a Toyota hack, might work

@AndyL - first time I got the inactivation of the DRCC. But a quick wipe afterwards of the L emblem at front resolved the "issue".
I was wondering, is the radar the actual emblem or something behind it? I'm sure it's something behind it and I want to know what the material allows the logo to pass through the radar. I was maybe thinking of replace it will the normal Lexus logo (I have the blue hybrid one) or maybe putting a Lexus sticker on it.
Old 03-26-16, 07:16 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

On my Honda, there are these combination of button you press (something ridiculous like press and hold temp up and fan down and recirculate all at the same time) and you can change the climate control system to F to C. There must be some sort of secret menu in the Lexus climate controls system too? See if there is a Toyota hack, might work I was wondering, is the radar the actual emblem or something behind it? I'm sure it's something behind it and I want to know what the material allows the logo to pass through the radar. I was maybe thinking of replace it will the normal Lexus logo (I have the blue hybrid one) or maybe putting a Lexus sticker on it.
The quick answer to your question is -- no, a normal Lexus emblem won't work.

According to a single slide I saw in the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show, there is a millimeter wave radar generator behind the emblem and the emblem is a special plastic molding which is permeable to millimeter wave. The material and the design is from Toyoda Gosei.

The emblem actually has about 2.5mm in thickness, according to the slide. Visually you can see your emblem looks like a black plastic behind a transparent plastic. In fact, the transparent plastic is permeable to millimeter wave where the PCS needs. And the Lexus logo (the chrome like portion) allows visible light to get through as well. Not sure exactly how it works though.

Last edited by AndyL; 03-26-16 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-26-16, 10:36 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AndyL
The quick answer to your question is -- no, a normal Lexus emblem won't work.
I think you may have misunderstood me - or it's my bad wording.

I'm aware that the radar emblem is flat and shiny compared to the "normal" which is actually 3D and has depth.

I meant to change the one from the 200t to the 300h.

This is the non-radar one:

This is the radar one:
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMG_1449.jpg

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)