NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-15, 08:00 PM
jdt
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default F sport seats

Just got my 2016 f-sport series 3 in atomic silver with rioja red interior today and loving it so far. However, one complaint I have is the bolstering around the thigh areas of the f-sport seats. It can be quite difficult to get in and out of the car. Also, in the process of doing so, I feel like I apply a lot of pressure on these bolsters and i can already see creasing. Anyone else have the same issue? Otherwise, they're incredibly comfortable when driving.
Old 11-11-15, 09:30 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jdt
Just got my 2016 f-sport series 3 in atomic silver with rioja red interior today and loving it so far. However, one complaint I have is the bolstering around the thigh areas of the f-sport seats. It can be quite difficult to get in and out of the car. Also, in the process of doing so, I feel like I apply a lot of pressure on these bolsters and i can already see creasing. Anyone else have the same issue? Otherwise, they're incredibly comfortable when driving.
yeah, there's a whole thread on that issue:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...olstering.html

I think when just sitting and driving, the left bolster is more noticeable because of the position of the left foot rest. It's father out to the side than the brake/acceleration pedals.

It was one reason I didn't consider the F-Sport.
Old 11-11-15, 11:02 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I wonder if you could "mold" it to your liking, like they do with my snowboarding boots. Maybe you can take a blow-dryer, heat up that portion of the seat, and then sit on it for about 15 minutes while it cools into your personal shape. (...just a thought!)
Old 11-14-15, 07:19 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
I wonder if you could "mold" it to your liking, like they do with my snowboarding boots. Maybe you can take a blow-dryer, heat up that portion of the seat, and then sit on it for about 15 minutes while it cools into your personal shape. (...just a thought!)

For me, I've been one of those folks who found the bolsters stiff but after a few weeks, it softened a little. Now 11 months into ownership and I don't really noticed them (a good thing) BUT with temps getting colder I'm starting to notice them a tad in my thighs again...

In short, your idea is worth a try.

@jdt: See this poll thread for more details and vote/chime in! https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...fort-poll.html

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-14-15 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-16-15, 03:59 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Uhh...I wouldn't recommend turning the headrest around...it wasn't designed that way, so it could be potentially dangerous to do that. The headrests were designed to absorb impact and reduce injury from rear-end collisions, and getting it "out of the way" increases spaces between head and seat which causes more severe whiplash injuries.
Not to sure about that - the head rest is still close- it just doesn't protrude into the top of the head on small people. Short peoples heads will be caught by the seat in a rear ender.

Tall people you have a good point.

Old 11-16-15, 11:15 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jdt
The F sport seats are for narrow bottoms. lol
Old 11-25-15, 04:56 AM
1halifax
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The NX has "puddle lamps". Not only do they have puddle lamps for the driver and front passenger, but for occupants at all four doors. The door handles—in addition to the built-in courtesy lights to help grip the handle—also have specific LEDs that shine downward to the ground below each of the handles.��

...and yes, they do turn on when approaching the car (no touching required).

Do you have to set something for the lights to turn on when you approach the car? I have never noticed this mine turning on as I approach only when I touch the handle.
Old 11-25-15, 06:42 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 1halifax
Do you have to set something for the lights to turn on when you approach the car? I have never noticed this mine turning on as I approach only when I touch the handle.
If it's locked they should turn on at near approach.
Old 11-25-15, 06:50 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I'll credit the Alex on Autos video for this, the detail impressed him and, me, too. I could not find a post on it here.

Inside the frame of the rear hatch on each side are two flat, very small lights (LED I presume) which continue the arc of the tail and reverse lights in the gap between the body and the tailgate. As a result, from the rear the Lexus swoosh appears unbroken.

A detail I don't believe I've seen elsewhere, and never noticed on my prior Lexus models..
Old 11-25-15, 06:30 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

By accident, this came out. Never knew the console slot had a removable lining!

Old 11-25-15, 07:24 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
By accident, this came out. Never knew the console slot had a removable lining!
IIRC, don't the inside recessed door handle areas where you put your hand in to close the door have removable liners? How about the bottom of the cup holders?
Old 11-25-15, 07:27 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Here's something I found out recently. Being new to HD radio, I discovered that I am able to "rewind" to listen to the audio again. The other day I was listening to the news and something was said that I didn't quite hear correctly. I pressed the "rewind" button and played it back. There is a button to go back to live audio. I don't know how far back it goes (the buffer size), but this feature is very cool.
Old 11-26-15, 08:26 AM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the rewind option only for HD or for AM/FM also?
Old 11-26-15, 11:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

IIRC, don't the inside recessed door handle areas where you put your hand in to close the door have removable liners? How about the bottom of the cup holders?
Yep those are removable.

Here's something I found out recently. Being new to HD radio, I discovered that I am able to "rewind" to listen to the audio again. The other day I was listening to the news and something was said that I didn't quite hear correctly. I pressed the "rewind" button and played it back. There is a button to go back to live audio. I don't know how far back it goes (the buffer size), but this feature is very cool.
I think it's 2 mins

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
HD only.
Old 11-26-15, 12:18 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
Yes, only HD radio, not satellite stations. Here's what it looks like for the HD radio rewind, foward, and back to Live buttons...

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)