NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-15, 07:55 PM
nxlee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
I didn't know it was possible to show the lane guidance without a destination in the system. I would think itis only active when you are on a route. I could be wrong but if that's the case, then it might explain why the options are greyed out.

That would make sense since the lane guide shows you which lane to stay in for your destination.

There is another mode that shows a 'summary' of the highway exits ahead of you with icons for food or lodging or fuel. Is that what you are referring to?

Meanwhile, you may be thinking about a feature like 'where am I' that I have on my other car. It won't show lane guidance but it will tell you which road is ahead and behind you. I think that specifically good when trolling a street for a specific address if you didn't put the address in for guidance.

Sorry I couldn't help more but try entering an address and going full screen on the map and you should see it on highway junctions.
You must be right, unless we both missed something. That footnote on Pg 89.. "Depending on the conditions, certain screen configuration buttons cannot be selected".. is still a little mysterious as to what "conditions" they were referring to.

I did see this feature, with the road signs on the display, on my friend's 2014 Avalon and hoped to find it on the NX too.

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-02-15, 01:15 AM
akkidy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Thank you! This picture makes me sleep tonight knowing that the dealer or whoever installed the wireless charging tray did not mess up the storage light. It just seemed missing a cover, so crude, just a cut out on the back side that I thought somebody forgot to put back the cover of the light.

I noticed this while I was trying to plug unplug my USB thumb drives. I had a problem that the NX was not recognizing the USB thumb drives that were already plugged in prior to starting the car. When I unplugged then plugged back in, it recognized the drives and played my music. I tried plugging only one USB drive and that seemed to fix the issue. I can now leave the USB thumb drive plugged in all the time and when I start the car it reads the drive and can play my music. I cannot say for sure that having 2 USB thumb drives was the problem, since I did not do further testing once it worked when I only used one USB thumb drive and plugged in the top port.
Old 08-05-15, 05:56 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

I figured out that if you leave the NX in drive when you shut off the car, then move the selector to Park, your now in accessory mode. Radio works etc.
Old 08-05-15, 08:43 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

For Canadian models with HUD, driving into the US enables the speed limit displayed in the HUD when crossing into a new speed zone.

Old 08-05-15, 09:36 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

HMM... so if we drive into Canada with a US model NX will the HUD appear?

sorry, I couldn't help myself.

That is interesting, will enform work then?
Old 08-05-15, 10:15 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by rogerh00
HMM... so if we drive into Canada with a US model NX will the HUD appear?

sorry, I couldn't help myself.

That is interesting, will enform work then?
I was hoping the Enform Apps icon would popup on my 7" screen.
Old 08-06-15, 06:33 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible for the dealer to disable the dinging that the car does after you shut it off and have the door open? It is incessant. My last car only dinged a few times then gave up.
Old 08-06-15, 07:14 AM
stevez2436
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
Is it possible for the dealer to disable the dinging that the car does after you shut it off and have the door open? It is incessant. My last car only dinged a few times then gave up.
The key to this problem is to simply turn off your car BEFORE you open the door. If you wait to turn it off after you open the door, the dinging will continue until you shut the door.
Old 08-06-15, 05:42 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stevez2436
The key to this problem is to simply turn off your car BEFORE you open the door. If you wait to turn it off after you open the door, the dinging will continue until you shut the door.
Actually, whats the &^*$@ big idea behind this? End result is the same, the car is off and the door is open!
Old 08-06-15, 10:49 PM
jbm79
Driver

Default Smart Key Card

Got the NX F-Sport AWD (in white with dark rose interior) two days ago for my wife, but I'm the one driving it to work. We've been carpooling since we took delivery of the NX

One thing that surprised me when we got the NX is that we were given a Smart Key Card in addition to the two regular key fobs. I asked my salesperson if the inclusion of the Smart Key Card is now a standard with Lexus purchases, and she said only for the NX. Not sure if it's the same with others, as I have not read about anyone getting the Smart Key Card with their NX.
Old 08-07-15, 05:56 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by legrunt
Actually, whats the &^*$@ big idea behind this? End result is the same, the car is off and the door is open!
The car is so quiet, you may walk away without turning the engine off. I had that happen in the RX before.
Old 08-07-15, 06:30 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Originally Posted by legrunt
I agree, sometimes I throw my door open but still want my radio and A/C on, maybe while I look for something, and the damn thing is DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING.
Old 08-07-15, 09:05 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jbm79
Got the NX F-Sport AWD (in white with dark rose interior) two days ago for my wife, but I'm the one driving it to work. We've been carpooling since we took delivery of the NX

One thing that surprised me when we got the NX is that we were given a Smart Key Card in addition to the two regular key fobs. I asked my salesperson if the inclusion of the Smart Key Card is now a standard with Lexus purchases, and she said only for the NX. Not sure if it's the same with others, as I have not read about anyone getting the Smart Key Card with their NX.
You're the only one that I have heard to have one as part of your purchase. I have feeling it came as a dealer add on that you might have paid for but didn't notice.
Old 08-07-15, 01:07 PM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
For Canadian models with HUD, driving into the US enables the speed limit displayed in the HUD when crossing into a new speed zone.

That's pretty cool. I have the Australian NX with HUD but it doesn't display the speed zone you're entering. Wondering if this might be a customizable option.
Old 08-07-15, 01:36 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by cssaus
That's pretty cool. I have the Australian NX with HUD but it doesn't display the speed zone you're entering. Wondering if this might be a customizable option.
I don't think so. The HUD is GPS driven which is how it triggered the US speed limit as soon as I crossed the border. As such, I suspect all HUDs in the NX internationally are designed and programmed the same and it's the car's country location that reveals this nice "hidden" feature.

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)