NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-15, 11:17 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re #6, take a look at my thread on mounting options for thr phone
Originally Posted by tommytqt
I am still reading the manual and i would like to share some info before i forget them .

1. So the sensor for blind spot monitor are located in the back bumpers, on each side of the car. If you have your bumper damage, you should include the cost for those.

2. If you one day wonder why the side mirrors do not till down when you back up. You need to switch the the L or R switch to one side (does not matter L or R). The L R switch is use to select the side mirror so that you can move the mirror around.

If the side mirror do not till down enough for you or not at the position you like, then shift your car to R, then adjust the mirror to how you like it. The setting will be remember next time you back up.

3. Mute button? on the steering wheel? press the Mode button twice to mute your audio. or you can press the play and pause button under the CD tray.

4. Would you like to unlock the car and the car know it is you and move the seat to your memorized position? Unlock your car with your key fob, get in, start the car, press and hold your memorized position, in the mean time, press and hold the lock key untill you hear the beep.

I will share more when i find out more.

There are couple things i feel uncomfortable, take too long to do. Maybe i don't know how to do it quickly yet but hope you all here can help out.

1. It is so hard to find my memorized seat number at night cause it locates way down and it's dark.

2. My iphone 6, and 6 plus get disconnect all the time after 3 minutes from USB connection. So i ended up use bluetooth all the time.

3. Go to radio or music or changing the source are still taking too much time especially while driving. It is so distracting.

4. All the doors (interior) are so easy to get dirty (white marks) all over cause I accidentally and easily hit them with my shoes when we get in and out. Is there anyway to avoid this or any production i can use to clean it?

5. The brake, it has a little "click" feel when you first gently step on it. Is it normal? i asked the salesman he said it's fine.

6. If i want the phone to plug in to charge as well as having it outside the center storage, then i have no where to put it. I have to put it in the cup holder.

7. Hate it when the dealer didn't have the power trunk in the F sport. Only $400. wth?

8. Did anyone accidently splash water on the Remote touch?

9. No digital clock, it takes me extra 3 secs to read the analog.

10. My wife asked me what date is today? I look at my car and .... couldn't find it anywhere. My acura has the calendar. I wish the nx has a corner somewhere for the digital clock and the date.

Thank you all.
Old 07-25-15, 11:25 AM
Gtuck04
Driver School Candidate

Just bought my 200t yesterday, and I think I figured most things out. One thing I can't seem to figure out though: there are lights in the cargo/trunk area on each side passenger and driver, but can't seem to figure out how to get them to come on. I'm pretty sure I've tried every scenario as far as engine status and nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.
Old 07-25-15, 01:30 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Gtuck04
Just bought my 200t yesterday, and I think I figured most things out. One thing I can't seem to figure out though: there are lights in the cargo/trunk area on each side passenger and driver, but can't seem to figure out how to get them to come on. I'm pretty sure I've tried every scenario as far as engine status and nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.
Congrats on your new ride ! There is a white switch on the right side of each light in the cargo area, press down to turn on, up for off. Enjoy your new NX !
Old 07-26-15, 02:54 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gtuck04
Congrats!

I had the same issue when I first got my car. Don't know why the cargo lights are not set to turn on as the default. And they should be LED.
Old 07-26-15, 03:27 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

I had an RX for a loaner for a day and one of the things I noticed is that the lift gate motor is near silent. Meanwhile, the lift gate motor on my NX is loud as hell.

I felt it was too loud even before the experience with the RX but thought that that's just the way it supposed to be.

Is anyone else's power lift gate very noisy when in operation? Should it be something I take in to the dealer?
Old 07-26-15, 05:04 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I had an RX for a loaner for a day and one of the things I noticed is that the lift gate motor is near silent. Meanwhile, the lift gate motor on my NX is loud as hell.

I felt it was too loud even before the experience with the RX but thought that that's just the way it supposed to be.

Is anyone else's power lift gate very noisy when in operation? Should it be something I take in to the dealer?
I don't have the power lift gate on my NX, but if it is like the one I had on my 2014 Highlander, it was very loud. It had quite a whining sound to it, as well as being slow. The sound is probably the same on the NX.
Old 07-26-15, 08:31 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine has the power rear door and it's pretty quiet. I had an RX 330 and the power door was louder than the NX.
Old 07-27-15, 02:49 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GlenK
Mine has the power rear door and it's pretty quiet.
Yeah, mine is very quiet, too. A little slow, but quiet.
Old 07-27-15, 06:23 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by D4V1D
Yeah, mine is very quiet, too. A little slow, but quiet.
ok I'll take it in to the dealer and see what they say.
Old 07-27-15, 06:26 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

ASC...does anyone notice a difference with it on?

I don't. maybe a little more of growl and that's at max volume.
Old 07-29-15, 07:48 PM
Jabbspi
Driver School Candidate

Default Rattle fix

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I test drove the NX last month and I was kind of disappointed with the sound system.

the bass speaker in the back rattled the car alot on higher volumes. made the car feel like it wasn't put together well.

nothing better than a system with tight, rattle-free bass...unfortunately the NX does not have it.
I did come accross this problem too and was really annoyed by the rattling coming from the sub in the back.
But! Here is a quick and easy way to fix it, the rattle comes from the license plate vibrating against the chasis so what I did is cut out a piece of cardboard and placed it behind the plate. Huge improvement, no more rattle. I have tried with deep bass hip hop songs and can't hear a thing!
Hope this helps!
Old 07-29-15, 09:06 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jabbspi
I did come accross this problem too and was really annoyed by the rattling coming from the sub in the back.
But! Here is a quick and easy way to fix it, the rattle comes from the license plate vibrating against the chasis so what I did is cut out a piece of cardboard and placed it behind the plate. Huge improvement, no more rattle. I have tried with deep bass hip hop songs and can't hear a thing!
Hope this helps!
Thanks. I did fix the problem. I went a step further and bought a piece sound damping material and put it on the back of the license plate.
Old 07-30-15, 04:20 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure this is a huge discovery (or that it hasn't been mentioned before) but when I'm driving the NX I typically have the home screen set up with a split of nav and audio. When we're taking a trip on the highway I've learned to switch to full screen of the map. When you come to an exit on the highway, the screen splits for the turn direction but adds lane guidance in full screen mode.

Lane guidance is a graphic that shows the exit signs, with all of the text, and tells you which lane to stay in while exiting. It looks just like the road and signs that you're looking at with an arrow for the correct lane(s) to use.

This was particularly useful, for example, on the NJ turnpike when approaching the Holland Tunnel where the exit signs are stacked 4 in a row When the road splits. The signs have so much text on them with road numbers, route numbers, cities, etc. on each sign. When there are 4 confusing signs in a row, the lane guidance and graphic of the signs really helps.

Page 129 of the manual has a picture but it's not very clear. (Can't copy and paste for some reason)

Again, I have only been able to get is to work when on the map in full screen. It doesn't seem to pop up when I'm splitting the home screen. Maybe someone knows of a setting I'm missing somewhere.

Last edited by DigMyM35x; 07-30-15 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-01-15, 10:00 AM
nxlee
Driver School Candidate

Red face Intersection guidance option

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Not sure this is a huge discovery (or that it hasn't been mentioned before) but when I'm driving the NX I typically have the home screen set up with a split of nav and audio. When we're taking a trip on the highway I've learned to switch to full screen of the map. When you come to an exit on the highway, the screen splits for the turn direction but adds lane guidance in full screen mode.

Lane guidance is a graphic that shows the exit signs, with all of the text, and tells you which lane to stay in while exiting. It looks just like the road and signs that you're looking at with an arrow for the correct lane(s) to use.

This was particularly useful, for example, on the NJ turnpike when approaching the Holland Tunnel where the exit signs are stacked 4 in a row When the road splits. The signs have so much text on them with road numbers, route numbers, cities, etc. on each sign. When there are 4 confusing signs in a row, the lane guidance and graphic of the signs really helps.

Page 129 of the manual has a picture but it's not very clear. (Can't copy and paste for some reason)

Again, I have only been able to get is to work when on the map in full screen. It doesn't seem to pop up when I'm splitting the home screen. Maybe someone knows of a setting I'm missing somewhere.
I can't figure out how to turn the lane guidance option on (like screen shown on Page 129 of the Nav manual) when viewing the full Nav screen, BUT WITHOUT using Nav for route guidance to any specific location... just to show what upcoming intersections look like while driving.

My "Map Mode" option providing lane guidance and signs "greys out" the intersection guidance icon (#6) on the menu, as it is displayed on Pg. 89. Any assistance is appreciated.

Maybe I have an early version of the software, blocking out intersection views as you drive.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-15, 01:02 PM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nxlee
I can't figure out how to turn the lane guidance option on (like screen shown on Page 129 of the Nav manual) when viewing the full Nav screen, BUT WITHOUT using Nav for route guidance to any specific location... just to show what upcoming intersections look like while driving.

My "Map Mode" option providing lane guidance and signs "greys out" the intersection guidance icon (#6) on the menu, as it is displayed on Pg. 89. Any assistance is appreciated.

Maybe I have an early version of the software, blocking out intersection views as you drive.

Thanks in advance.
I didn't know it was possible to show the lane guidance without a destination in the system. I would think itis only active when you are on a route. I could be wrong but if that's the case, then it might explain why the options are greyed out.

That would make sense since the lane guide shows you which lane to stay in for your destination.

There is another mode that shows a 'summary' of the highway exits ahead of you with icons for food or lodging or fuel. Is that what you are referring to?

Meanwhile, you may be thinking about a feature like 'where am I' that I have on my other car. It won't show lane guidance but it will tell you which road is ahead and behind you. I think that specifically good when trolling a street for a specific address if you didn't put the address in for guidance.

Sorry I couldn't help more but try entering an address and going full screen on the map and you should see it on highway junctions.

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)