NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)
View Poll Results: Would you get/keep the mud flaps?
Yes, they look fine and they're practical.
84.75%
Not sure...
6.78%
No, they're hideous.
8.47%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

To "Mud Flap" or Not? That is the question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-16, 10:34 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

As I had posted on mine, there was some errors done when I got my NX, so when I went back to the dealer to complain & speak w/ the management &
they said they'd put on the mud flaps for free, so I was all for that! They work ok & look ok on the vehicle, to me!
Old 11-21-16, 07:52 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anyone wants mud flaps , i have some i am not using. They are in the for sale thread
Old 12-18-16, 12:21 PM
stbiss
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I just installed some OEM Lexus mudguards (from Park Place Lexus) on my wife's 2017 NX - used the instructions that were posted online in this forum. No issues, but do have a question for those who have done this before. With the bags of parts were (4) 3M clear paint protector pieces - 2 each of two shapes - small, about 2" x 2" or something around that. There is nothing in the parts list about these or in the instructions about placing these on the paint anywhere and don't really know why since that was what the mudguards are for. Anyone have these in their OEM flaps they bought and installed. If so, where are they supposed to do?
Old 12-18-16, 01:54 PM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts

I noticed the Lexus OEM mudflaps do not look like they were designed for the car. The alignment with the car fender and trim is off. Is that normal?
Old 12-18-16, 02:13 PM
stbiss
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I guess is depends on what you mean by alignment - they fit nice and flush, but they do "overlap" the trim around the fenders.

Rear Flap
Front Flap
Old 12-31-16, 10:24 AM
newskater
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by newskater
Being sold as OEM, guaranteed by ebay, and only 30 bucks! Misrepresentations invalid! We'll find out in a few weeks.
Name:  IMG_0528.jpg
Views: 1514
Size:  129.3 KB
Probably not OEM, and I don't like how they look on the car. If they reduce crap from back doors, and rear window, I'll leave them on, otherwise I'll dump them! That rear window gets dirty fast.
Old 07-17-17, 07:45 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by stbiss
I just installed some OEM Lexus mudguards (from Park Place Lexus) on my wife's 2017 NX - used the instructions that were posted online in this forum. No issues, but do have a question for those who have done this before. With the bags of parts were (4) 3M clear paint protector pieces - 2 each of two shapes - small, about 2" x 2" or something around that. There is nothing in the parts list about these or in the instructions about placing these on the paint anywhere and don't really know why since that was what the mudguards are for. Anyone have these in their OEM flaps they bought and installed. If so, where are they supposed to do?
Late reply, but i just installed these on my wife's nx200 today and the 3m paint protection film goes on the fender where the mud flap touches paint, its just to keep the mud flap from causing rubbing damage to the paint in that spot, in case you ever want to take the mud flaps off i guess. The small ones are for the front and the larger ones are for the back.
The following 2 users liked this post by gompka:
Katrcf (07-23-17), ravim (01-26-18)
Old 07-17-17, 09:30 AM
DiscoMnky
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought and received a set of the OE Toyota/Lexus ones. I haven't installed them yet but did a quick test fit on one side just to make sure they fit. I think they actually improve the look on the NX and are functional. I have 19k miles now but I actually wish I had gotten them when I first brought the NX home.
Old 08-26-17, 06:22 PM
Suspendmix
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered the mud flaps from mylexusparts last week (along with the audio *****) and had some time to install them today. Took about 45 minutes, would have been faster if I hadn't been fumbling around trying to figure out how to pop out the damn pushpins (not to mention I forgot one after I already installed a flap). Overall I really like the look and glad I took the time to put it on!

The following users liked this post:
ravim (01-26-18)
Old 08-26-17, 07:17 PM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice Job!!! Nice Car!
Old 08-27-17, 02:06 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Those look good, though I am biased. They come standard in Canada, I believe.
Old 08-30-17, 04:31 AM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They look good, how was the install, any drilling? did you had to remove the wheels? I'm tempted to do it my self, last time I had the mud flaps installed by the dealer on my previous NX they did a crappy job.
Old 08-30-17, 09:36 AM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by LNXT200
They look good, how was the install, any drilling? did you had to remove the wheels? I'm tempted to do it my self, last time I had the mud flaps installed by the dealer on my previous NX they did a crappy job.
You do have to drill in to the weather lining, but it is very easy since there are little dimples indicating the holes. The fronts you have to turn your wheels for better access to hold the drill; the rears, I found it easier to jack the car up slightly so for the same reasons. Very easy to install yourself..
Old 08-30-17, 10:45 AM
Suspendmix
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LNXT200
Yup what D8168055 said though there have been a few on this thread that's stated you don't have to drill. Its soft plastic material you're drilling into so conceivably just using your cordless with the self-drilling screws should work fine too. Having said that, drilling wasn't much of a biggie. I had some problems with the pop up screws, didn't know (maybe I should've read the instructions closer?) you needed to pry up the middle part of the pop up to get them out. After figured that out, easy peasy.
Old 01-02-18, 10:47 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts

I'm picking these up from the dealer this weekend and will install them Sunday. Read through the pdf posted above and it looks super easy. I should have no issues with the rear since I have a lift in the garage and can just lift it up no problem. Depending on how expensive they have the step bars I might pick those up as well and do the install at the same time.

I'll post pics once done.

-Nigel

Quick Reply: To "Mud Flap" or Not? That is the question...