MerlinT
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice job, Swacer! Congrats
Old 07-04-15, 07:59 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice, Swacie! My townhome's garage was finished, painted and epoxy-floored when I bought it. Now if we could just get rid of the crap that's accumulated there over the last eight years...
Old 07-04-15, 10:16 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Nice work Swacer.

On the topic of garage floor coverings for anyone considering what to do, I liked the appeal of the easy installation and look of vinyl floor covering over the epoxy, but I don't recommend it over a high quality well-prepped epoxy floor.

Bought it from Costco and installed the vinyl recently. Tires have stained it already. I haven't found a product that fully removes them yet. I'm also not fond of the expansion and contraction from temperature swings, more than I expected. It's separated 1/4" at the front where the sun hits it when the door stays open for a bit.

Old 07-04-15, 10:48 AM
mwl7698
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
I've never heard of this before. Care to explain the application process? Have any other pictures? Did you do it to the windshield?
It is a similar process to claying the paint to remove surface contaminants. Followed the clay with the sealer, which bonds with the glass to make a completly hydrophobic surface. Its a much better product than rain-x IMO. I havent used the polish in the picture yet since the glass is brand new. Didnt need that treatment quite yet.
Old 07-06-15, 03:32 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mwl7698
For all the left lane drivers out there who I constantly have to pass on the right because they dont move over when overtaken from the rear....
This brings up a very good question for those that live in Illinois, Chicago area in particular...

Do they teach you to drive in the left lane? I'm not trying to be mean, just happen to notice SEVERAL Illinois license plates consistently driving in the left lane...at all times!

Example: on our most recent highway trip, there is a particular section that narrows to one lane due to construction. As soon as the construction ends and the barrels end, the motorist in front of me went directly to the left lane...I MEAN IMMEDIATELY. They weren't passing anyone as they were driving too slow. I, of course, passed in the right lane as did about 10 other cars. The car in question had a IL license plate. This happened (crazy enough...what are the odds) on the return trip with, yet another, IL driver.

To add to this, I have some experience with IL drivers as my ex wife was from IL and also drove in the left lane. Fortunately, after some time, she succumbed to the appropriate way and started moving over...not to mention, I insisted on driving when we were together. Further, my current wife's ex was also from IL and insisted on driving in the left lane at all times (according to her), which often caused arguments between them. Oddly, both of their explanations were the same: "I'm going over the speed limit, so I'll stay in this lane. If they want to pass me, then let them pass me on the right side." This statement doesn't, however, apply to my example above, because this person was not going the speed limit...or anywhere close.

This, obviously, isn't a phenomenon specifically associated with IL drivers as this happens within every state (OH seems to have quite a few also), its just been my experience with IL drivers in particular. While married to my ex, I traveled in Chicago often and I noticed this was definitely WIDE SPREAD...NO ONE MOVES OVER, EVER.

So, my question is, do they actually teach you guys in driving class to consistently ride in the left lane if going over the posted speed limit?

I don't want to start a flame war, but am seriously just curious on what is happening? Maybe this should be a thread on its own...but that may start some serious "hate-posting"...

Last edited by D4V1D; 07-06-15 at 03:49 AM.
Old 07-06-15, 04:34 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

saw this morning, thought maybe you F-sporters would be interested in adding to your garage.

http://www.thelexuscollection.com/ec...PcKVTUMWXvA%3D

Old 07-06-15, 05:11 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

@D4V1D: What bothers me about slow left-lane drivers is not so much they are going as slow as the right lane driver, but the fact that this tells me how oblivious and potentially dangerous they are to others on the road. Driving is be aware 360 degrees, not just up ahead. You should take this conversation in Car Chat forum. Lots of threads there such as https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...slowpokes.html
AND
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...you-crazy.html

@rogerh00 - nice garage or man cave piece!

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-06-15 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-12-15, 03:53 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welp, another busy weekend at our house.

On Friday, took the NX out to get the front windows tinted. Went with a 20% carbon based tint. I think it matches really well from the outside. There is a little difference from the inside color wise, but you can tell that both are the same darkness. So I will take it as an overall victory.

Name:  8B84F0D9-EB37-4FE5-B637-FC0C731AF2D7_zpsqb0lqzhj.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  316.8 KB

The shop that did it was very confident in their work, has quite high dollar customer backing (several professional athletes), and did a great job. I will probably schedule to have them do the IS's tint and vinyl roof in the coming months.

The other part of the weekend (Saturday) was finally getting the chance to put the ARK Grip exhaust onto the IS. I expected it to take about 3-4 hours, but boy did I underestimate that lol. At first it was an issue with the bolts downstream of the cat (which required me to make a makeshift breaker bar out of the top of my aluminum racing jack), and then the O2 sensors with their ridiculous silver boot around them. Coming from GM O2 sensors, I"m used to putting an adjustable wrench around it and going to town, but this...apparently needed another tool which was a fun 1-time pointless purchase (Thanks Toyota! ugh...). However, after about 8 hours of work, we finally had our result.....or did we....

No, we didn't. Upon starting the car, I could hear a rattle (like marbles in a can) when the car was coming down in RPM. It was somewhere between the cat and the first resonator, but I couldn't find it exactly. So sore and tired, I went to bed. This morning (Sunday), I was back under the car, tore the downpipe out, and actually found a metal shaving caught in the pipe. Not sure if ARK delivered it that way, or perhaps the shaving came off when I reinserted the O2. Either way, took that out, and put the exhaust back together and it was perfect. Here is our result:

Name:  B621D287-0BE8-4B2F-8435-84ADDEA20C5B_zpspzd5hley.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  148.6 KB

Welp...busy weekend, didn't even get to do the few things I wanted to with the camaro, but a busy Lexus weekend none the less lol Now...exhausted again...I"m going back to bed lol
Old 07-13-15, 06:21 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Swacer, new exhaust, but no sound clip?
Old 07-13-15, 06:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

More to come...

Old 07-14-15, 03:38 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Swacer, new exhaust, but no sound clip?
lol The only one we had was a clip with the metal shaving still in the exhaust. I'll see what I can do this weekend.
Old 07-14-15, 03:39 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

More to come...

You changing wheels again?

Makes me consider making an offer on your old ones.... lol
Old 07-14-15, 06:04 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

More to come...

Anxious to see them. Vossen makes some great looking wheels.
Old 07-14-15, 07:44 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Swacer, Darth NX is the wife's more than mine and like her wardrobe, she appreciates as many pairs of shoes as she can have. She loves her car and even wants to drop, so I'm not complaining! But I have to see how punishing the ride will be on the 22's before considering any drop...

LexBob2, they're nice indeed!

Today, tires arrived.

Quick Reply: The "Look what I got today" Thread!