NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Electronics Bug - Infotainment Display, Sound, and Lock-up Issues (Merged Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-16, 06:52 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

after getting a half garbled map screen a few times, the dealership replaced the entertainment/nav computer and it was fine for quite a long time, then this morning...

I was about to start recording a video of it as I'm driving slowly, and muted the radio, but muting the radio refreshed the screen somehow and it was normal again.

Now I need bring this up again at my 20K service in a few weeks.
Old 01-19-17, 03:39 PM
toonchew
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,

I just have a quick question regarding the touchpad. Currently, when I move the cursor/pointer to the top of the screen (during navigation & radio stations), the screen goes down. If I move the cursor/pointer down, the list goes up. It is the complete opposite of what and where I want to go. Can I change this in the setting? If so, please do share! Thank you in advance.
Old 01-19-17, 04:24 PM
toonchew
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toonchew
Hello,

I just have a quick question regarding the touchpad. Currently, when I move the cursor/pointer to the top of the screen (during navigation & radio stations), the screen goes down. If I move the cursor/pointer down, the list goes up. It is the complete opposite of what and where I want to go. Can I change this in the setting? If so, please do share! Thank you in advance.
Found this via google search!

Old 01-19-17, 06:44 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
next time this happens, use your phone and take a video that covers the nav screen and dash. If the dash shows you're in D and the nav screen shows your backup camera (is it a static image or is it live?), then that's not right. Maybe capture some footage of you moving forward while the nav is still showing the backup camera.

I took pictures when my nav screen would get half garbled, even a video. it only happened on rare occasions. I sent those to my service advisor and the next time I brought the car in, the replaced the entertainment computer (I think that was it) and it hasn't happened since.
I have pictures of backup camera is on while I'm driving forward. It's live images, even the guidelines work as well. Happened about 5 times in the first 800 miles.

also, the am/fm was dead once while media and Sirius Satellite Radio worked. Restarted the car and everything is fine again.
The following users liked this post:
dllaser (11-18-18)
Old 04-10-18, 09:42 AM
dllaser
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SIMILAR ISSUES --- VERY - 2017 NX300H all are stumped.....

Originally Posted by cb80923
Anyone else having this problem?

So driving down the road, and I cant change the radio volume on the steering wheel. Also cant change the volume with the radio volume ***. Cannot turn off the radio power, Touch controller is dead, wont do anything, no buttons work (except the ac/heat). The Nav is stuck showing the road my house is on, not the location I am currently at 8 miles away. Nothing works (except the radio is still playing) - Nothing can be changed, cant do anything.

Park --- turn the car off --- turn the car back on - everything is back to normal and working properly.

This has happened to me 3 times now since Thursday (6 days ago).

Am I the only one so far? I have a video of it, but not sure if it will load here.
Lexus wants to drive my car for two weeks. It oftens goes more than two weeks without a problem then multiple gremlins......

ARGHHHHH
Old 04-10-18, 09:43 AM
dllaser
9th Gear

Similar Issues are driving me and my dealer batty!!!!! 2017 NX 300H. Love the car but this isn't acceptable....
Old 11-18-18, 07:09 PM
ptung07
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Same issue with my 2017 NX300h. Only 14k miles. I took it into the dealership since it is under warranty. They had talked to the "head Lexus corporate" electronics engineer and he said there is a software fix in the works. However, really the root of the problem is using an underpowered processor to run the systems and therefore graphics corruption occurs. They added my VIN to the list of vehicles affected and will contact me when the update is out... Unacceptable for a Lexus..but at least it isn't hardware failure more so under-powered system...
Old 11-18-18, 08:19 PM
dllaser
9th Gear

same problems .. sold this car back to lexus after 6 months of no fix....
Old 11-20-18, 04:34 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

HAs anyone fixed darn infotainment lag? Takes LONG time for anything to move in it. Switching between modes, volume level to show, etc - all lags and lags....
Old 06-25-19, 05:40 AM
CareAllend
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is quite old, but I recently experienced a similar issue of blocked infotainment system, most likely leading to a 12V auxiliary battery depletion overnight, with some far reaching consequences unfortunately:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...aw-in-ecu.html

From the electronics point-of-view, both issues aren't related so much, I think, but the (presumed) ECU failure happened when jump starting the engine. Bad luck