NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Electronics Bug - Infotainment Display, Sound, and Lock-up Issues (Merged Thread)

Old 07-08-15, 05:16 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Radio Display Issue

So, my wife gets in and starts the car this morning and notices that the lines between the radio presets is dotted instead of solid. Anyone seen this before?

After dropping off the kiddo at daycare, it was back to normal.

Old 07-08-15, 06:26 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

havent seen this, but, somewhat related. twice now the radio and everything else within that display has frozen on me and i cant change the station, change the screen to other things like nav, climate, etc. even the display near the speedo / tach while i can cycle from section to section, the audio portion shows nothing and wont change. anyone else experience this? I plan on having it looked at during my 5k visit, but i am only at 1.5k
Old 07-08-15, 07:14 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yours sounds more like this...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...shut-down.html
Old 07-10-15, 02:11 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've written on this forum that I have a glitch also with my head unit. if I hit a bump or something hard enough it will change the radio station, source, turn off etc.

I'm starting to think that it might be that the track pad is a bit to sensitive. meaning that hitting a bump is enough to cause it to register a press and change whatever setting is closest to the cursor at the time.

I'll try to pay closer attention to it next time it happens.
Old 07-10-15, 02:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I've written on this forum that I have a glitch also with my head unit. if I hit a bump or something hard enough it will change the radio station, source, turn off etc.

I'm starting to think that it might be that the track pad is a bit to sensitive. meaning that hitting a bump is enough to cause it to register a press and change whatever setting is closest to the cursor at the time.

I'll try to pay closer attention to it next time it happens.
Not sure if it might help and I haven't had the need to do it, but there is a touchpad sensitivity setting that can be customized (at the dealer only).
Old 07-11-15, 06:53 AM
drifter123
Rookie

My dealer said the touchpad sensitivity could NOT be adjusted...only haptic feedback.
Old 07-12-15, 07:22 AM
lulugirl89
Driver School Candidate

I started having issues with mine as well (lockups, incorrect music art, etc) and then finally got to the point where even making a call wouldn't work. So I took it to the dealer and they used their computer to determine it was corrupt. The service manager said it was a known issue with the NX. They ordered a replacement unit and since it was installed (about 3 weeks ago) I haven't had any issues.
I will add that I owned a Droid Maxx that was never able to receive texts through the car. I did a hard reset of my phone a week ago and suddenly that feature started working. So, it is possible that something funky went on with my phone and was passed on to the unit via the bluetooth connection.
Old 07-13-15, 10:19 AM
JudiNX
Driver School Candidate

Default Issue Scrolling Presets

Hi All,
I just stumbled onto this site today while trying to troubleshoot my issue. I'm now a forum addict! I've learned so much already, so thanks!
Anyhow, I have an NX Sport and recently the scrolling from the steering wheel for the radio presets is getting stuck. I now have two consistent stations that I can't scroll from. I can still reverse direction and scroll back from where I started. Has anybody else had this issue?
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-13-15, 05:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Welcome to the forum! I've moved your post to the radio issues thread.

Are you referring to the physical button not working? Are you able to scroll up with the same button in another source like a CD or Bluetooth media? How about scrolling up in the radio presents via the Touch Pad?

In short, others have experienced erratic behaviour corrected with a replacement of the unit.
Old 07-13-15, 06:16 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by drifter123
My dealer said the touchpad sensitivity could NOT be adjusted...only haptic feedback.

Check the Navigation manual p38. It's easy to miss, but it states speed can be adjusted.

Old 07-16-15, 08:13 AM
drifter123
Rookie

Thanks MR2
Old 07-16-15, 09:13 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oddly enough I have had no issues with my infotainment system. The weather takes a little while to load sometimes, but otherwise I'm yet to have a single issue with this part of the car.
Old 07-16-15, 09:46 AM
drifter123
Rookie

Good to hear. I tested the infotainment system 3 times prior to ordering mine and didn’t have any issues either. 3 more weeks to go...
Old 07-16-15, 11:46 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

No issues with mine either . FSport
Old 07-16-15, 02:26 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never been back for any service issue on my 300h since delivery Dec.26th !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX Electronics Bug - Infotainment Display, Sound, and Lock-up Issues (Merged Thread)