NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

OK, Back on the List

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-14, 05:52 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default OK, Back on the List

Went to the premier tonight at the local dealership for the NX. I guess when I was down there last time there must have been something under the seat, as I did not fit. I was actually able to sit in the NX without hitting my head on the roof. Also discovered it does come with the driver's easy exit. Overall not a bad vehicle, the salesman told me no Mark Levinson sound system because of price point and not a lot of takers on the RX. I'll have to go back and see if they can configure one how I want it, what's 12 weeks......LOL.
Old 12-03-14, 06:02 PM
restonweb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear - I just had read your earlier post about your earlier concern regarding seat clearance.

You mentioned "12 weeks"...is that how long the dealer said it would take before they were in stock?

I have a deposit down on a NX200t F-Sport that has an ETA in NY of 12/09...hoping that won't slip too far beyond that.

Thanks.
Old 12-03-14, 07:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Great news that you're seriously reconsidering it. A test drive next to seal the deal?
Old 12-03-14, 07:20 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MEP7557
...Also discovered it does come with the driver's easy exit. ....
What is "driver's easy exit"? Never heard of such a thing. Are you saying that when you turn off the vehicle the seat "lowers" or something? If instead you simply mean that the sterring wheel automatically tilts up and in then... I think that is a standard function on ALL these cars, right?
Old 12-03-14, 07:42 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by bunka
What is "driver's easy exit"? Never heard of such a thing. Are you saying that when you turn off the vehicle the seat "lowers" or something? If instead you simply mean that the sterring wheel automatically tilts up and in then... I think that is a standard function on ALL these cars, right?
ALong with the steering wheel tilting upwards and inwards out of your legs' way, the seat also automatically slides back (Easy Exit) a few inches when you power off the car.
Old 12-03-14, 08:54 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

12 weeks was for a special order. Otherwise wait for the inventory to trickle in. Not a one had the LED headlights, that I feel is a must. They had one F-sport and it did not have LED headlights, I was shocked.
Old 12-03-14, 09:06 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

What is "driver's easy exit"? Never heard of such a thing. bunka - Easy In / Easy Out or Easy Exit are synonymous with Memory Seat, in my opinion. We have Easy in/easy out memory seating on our '11 RX. When the engine is turned off, the seat goes down and all the way back, the steering wheel goes up and in. Upon re-entry, the seats go back to where they were or to a pre-determined spot after pushing one of the door seat buttons, 1-2 or 3. This is especially helpful when a car is shared between two people of different stature or when the driver has limited mobility due to arthritis, for example.
Regarding the NX, I think it was reported here some time ago that the NX would not have memory seats, but I've seen it on two vehicles so far. Hope this helps.

Last edited by raylor4; 12-03-14 at 09:09 PM. Reason: I'm going for a Pulitzer Prize.
Old 12-04-14, 12:59 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raylor4
[COLOR="Blue"]
Regarding the NX, I think it was reported here some time ago that the NX would not have memory seats, but I've seen it on two vehicles so far. Hope this helps.
The 200t I sat in yesterday had the memory seats. The buttons were sort of tucked away under the armrest and hard to see at first.
Old 12-04-14, 01:38 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

From the Lexus web site it does say it is standard to have Customization on all models, here is a cut and paste of it:

LEXUS PERSONALIZED SETTINGS
Find comfort that's all your own with Lexus Personalized Settings*, which you can use to customize seats, mirrors and more.
Standard On: NX 300h, NX 200T F SPORT, NX 200T

Phil
Old 12-04-14, 02:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by raylor4
What is "driver's easy exit"? Never heard of such a thing. bunka - Easy In / Easy Out or Easy Exit are synonymous with Memory Seat, in my opinion. We have Easy in/easy out memory seating on our '11 RX. When the engine is turned off, the seat goes down and all the way back, the steering wheel goes up and in. Upon re-entry, the seats go back to where they were or to a pre-determined spot after pushing one of the door seat buttons, 1-2 or 3. This is especially helpful when a car is shared between two people of different stature or when the driver has limited mobility due to arthritis, for example.
not all models have it with memory seats though... my GS had it and my IS doesnt.
Old 12-04-14, 06:08 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's in the personalized settings on the RX. It isn't the basic seat memory.
Old 12-04-14, 08:38 PM
Wagnerian
Rookie

12 weeks was for a special order. Otherwise wait for the inventory to trickle in. Not a one had the LED headlights, that I feel is a must. They had one F-sport and it did not have LED headlights, I was shocked.
I did not know you could special order one as I thought Lexus forces you to get pre-configured for each region. I am assuming what you mean by LED headlights is triple light L-shaped light. That one is MUST feature for me, too. It makes a huge difference in appearance especially when lights are on. According to my dealer all F-Sport comes with this LED lights. Maybe your region is different.

I did not special order. Mine is expected to arrive around Christmas Eve.
Old 12-04-14, 09:46 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Wagnerian
I did not know you could special order one as I thought Lexus forces you to get pre-configured for each region. I am assuming what you mean by LED headlights is triple light L-shaped light. That one is MUST feature for me, too. It makes a huge difference in appearance especially when lights are on. According to my dealer all F-Sport comes with this LED lights. Maybe your region is different.

I did not special order. Mine is expected to arrive around Christmas Eve.
Unfortauntely it is looking like the early F-Sports are ...NOT... coming with the LED headlights. The F-Sport that was delivered to the local dealer here did not have them and it MSRP'd @ $47,600. Did you include the option code for the LEDs on yoru original order so that you could ensure yours will have them? If not you may still be able to tell before delivery if you have a vin number for your order.
Old 12-05-14, 05:43 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Back at the Lexus dealership today after going to the Lincoln dealer and looking at the new MKC. I have to say Lincoln has done a great job with the MKC. The interior was very nice, the switching and the materials were actually nicer than that of the NX. The leather seats were awesome. The MKC does cost a little more but with the additional options, not available on the NX, and the finishes I have to say, pretty nice.

The deal breaker for me was the back seat, children only. Very tight back there and the cargo area which is supposed to be larger than the NX is actually smaller. Fit and finish was not bad. The eco-boost engine (2.3) was smooth and quiet.

Back to Lexus I go. The back seat did have more room and felt wider too. The cargo area was fine. I was however disappointed in the 2.0 turbo. It is a rough idler. In drive not so much but in neutral you could feel it shaking. Since Lexus is new to this turbo 4 game I think they have some learning to do still.

Until the flurry dies down I am not even going to attempt buying one. I would have to special order it anyway and the dealership did not have a spec sheet yet for me to do so. None of theirs coming in have the LED headlights or the radar cruise control. They told me they are just producing the basics now to catch up with demand as they have been losing customers who did not want to wait this long since other manufacturers have theirs to market already. Once the flurry dies down they will produce ones with more options, Patience.
Old 12-05-14, 07:11 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

...I would have to special order it anyway and the dealership did not have a spec sheet yet for me to do so. None of theirs coming in have the LED headlights or the radar cruise control. They told me they are just producing the basics now to catch up with demand as they have been losing customers who did not want to wait this long since other manufacturers have theirs to market already. Once the flurry dies down they will produce ones with more options, Patience.
I think that may have simply been that dealer's approach as others on this forum are already picking up NX's with the LED headlights that came in as part of their original allocation. We would also like the radar cruise control as this will be the wife's and she commutes in and out of the city regularily.

Quick Reply: OK, Back on the List