NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

F-Sport - Is it possible to have a light(er) interior?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-14, 05:24 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default F-Sport - Is it possible to have a light(er) interior?

After mulling over photos for endless hours, i absolutely love the flaxen seats, which come with gray headliner. It fits the car so well.

Why the hell does the F-Sport come with either all black interior, or red seats.

Here is my dilemma:
1. Need F-Sport bumper, or have no interest in car
2. Wife refuses to get red interior
3. Very prone to claustrophia, and therefore, would feel way too uncomfortable with a full black interior in such a small, cavernous car. Not too mention, it would get way too hot without ventilated seats on the F-Sport.

I am left with NO combo that works...I am kind of being pushed out from getting the NX now and will need to look elsewhere.

Some questions:
A. Is it possible to "delete" the black headliner on an F-Sport in lieu of something lighter?
B. Will there be an "Appearance package" to get an F-Sport bumper on an AWD base model, so i could get a lighter interior?
C. Could you special order a lighter interior for an F-Sport? Is it a matter of cost? Or time? or both? I have time

Thanks.
Old 11-24-14, 02:48 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

you could install f-sport bumper on regular NX
Old 11-24-14, 02:52 PM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

leasing...
Old 11-25-14, 04:38 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
you could install f-sport bumper on regular NX
has this been vouched by someone actually doing a swap? i wouldn't tell someone to buy a base model based on your assumption of it supposedly fitting, as they'll deal with the consequences later if crap hits the fan
Old 11-25-14, 06:47 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

if someone were to buy a car assuming they could swap out the bumper just because a guy on an internet forum threw out the idea, then that someone deserves to be burned

i wouldnt drop $45k on a car without doing the research on swapping bumpers.

in an event, does lexus historically have a "delete option" for the not opting to have black headliner on the fsport?
Old 11-25-14, 07:34 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by ThermonMer
in an event, does lexus historically have a "delete option" for the not opting to have black headliner on the fsport?
No, they do not. While you can "order" a Lexus through a dealer, you are still bound by the available option packages and configurations. Unfortunately, you cannot customize it outside of those limitations.
Old 11-25-14, 07:44 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

hmm. sounds like im likely going with an F-Sport AWD. Graphite on Black, premium package only.

if it ends up being too cramped, then im going with the new Edge, with pano roof, leather, nav, etc.

We are moving out of NYC to suburbia, this will be our only car (me, wife, baby on way). We would walk to train station to commute, so this is really a weekend car for the family. If it seems like the NX doesnt meet our one-car-fits-all criteria, then Edge it is...
Old 11-25-14, 05:17 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree. I really prefer the look of the f-sport and like some of the additional equipment that come with it. I do not like the black or red interior, especially in Arizona. If Lexus did the Flaxen with the light headliner and ventilated seats I would be there. I also don't like the lack of a Mark Levinson stereo. I love mine. The dealership near me is supposed to be getting the NX in this week, eager to check it out.
Old 11-26-14, 04:25 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThermonMer
hmm. sounds like im likely going with an F-Sport AWD. Graphite on Black, premium package only.
one word of advice if you're going the F-Sport route..i don't know the size/frame of your wife, but make sure she comes with you on the test drive and allow her to sit in the passenger seat (assuming you'll be driving her around most of the time) for as long as possible and take out the car for the test drive as long as possible.
my wife is about 5'4 and a bit thin. it wasn't much of a problem for her during our test drive of the 3IS F Sport, but after purchasing and taking it on our daily work commute 1 hour one way, its really uncomfortable for her because of how deep the seats go in and how big the side bolsters come out. she says it doesn't feel natural sitting cause she can't put her arms out like normal, the side bolsters kind of pushes her elbow and forearms forward beyond her body. i guess smaller or petite people will have this issue with such sports seats.
thats why when we get the NX, it'll have to be the model with regular seats. sad, i hate the effing front end.. but man you can't compete with a hybrid suv offering 33mpgs.. if i really can't stand the front end, like you, i'll probably jump ship to an MDX or RX350
Old 11-26-14, 08:28 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
...I hate the effing front end.. but man you can't compete with a hybrid suv offering 33mpgs.. if i really can't stand the front end, like you, i'll probably jump ship to an MDX or RX350
Good advice on the Sport seats as we had a similar issue when we bought our X5 diesel but I have to say...
"What you talk'N 'bout Willis" to the final statement quoted above where you state that the 33MPG for an SUV is what would drive you to the NX but then you state that the LOOKS of the front end could have you disregard those good fuel economy numbers to the point where you would actually buy an MDX that has nearly 30% poorer (24MPG vs. 33MPG) fuel economy, REALLY?