2015 Lexus NX on US site!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-14, 01:54 PM
KarmaNina
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Lexus NX on US site!

Ok US buyers, that day is here!

I went to check out the Lexus US site today and you can customize your NX!

http://www.lexus.com/models/NX

Old 11-18-14, 02:04 PM
KarmaNina
Driver School Candidate

No "build your own" yet. But the do have the pricing listed as well as the packages.

Also, the "December to Remember" sales event is up on the site, however like I knew, nothing for the NX. But for those buying the RC there is.....
Old 11-18-14, 02:25 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

Confirms from the site no ML option for the NX.
Also doesn't show the LED headlights being part of any package, only available as a separate option.

They seem to have broken the build tool for the RX, says my zip isn't valid, which I know it is. Hopefully it is because they are trying to get the NX build site up.

Phil
Old 11-18-14, 08:29 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Once again confusion on the LDW - Lane Departure Warning ... Listed as LDW and not LKA - Lane Keep Assist ... The description made it sound like it's just a warning system with no steering correction. Also saw this was listed as an option on the F Sport whereas it was listed as not available for F Sport on the order form a dealer printed off for me.

Thinking I don't really care to have that option if it doesn't help correct the steering.
Old 11-18-14, 08:46 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Looks great...!
Old 11-19-14, 09:08 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Husker4the
Once again confusion on the LDW - Lane Departure Warning ... Listed as LDW and not LKA - Lane Keep Assist ... The description made it sound like it's just a warning system with no steering correction. Also saw this was listed as an option on the F Sport whereas it was listed as not available for F Sport on the order form a dealer printed off for me.

Thinking I don't really care to have that option if it doesn't help correct the steering.
According to the NX manual (http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...al-search.do):
While driving on a highway or freeway that has white (or yellow) lane markers
and few curves, a camera, which is located on the upper part of the windshield,
uses this system to recognize the white (yellow) lane markers and when the
driver has deviated from the lane. If the system judges that the vehicle has deviated
from the current traffic lane, along with alerting the driver with a buzzer and
indications in the multi-information display, it will provide assistance by operating
the steering wheel to avoid further deviation from the marker lines.

If you think about it, I'd hate to want to change lanes, and the car forbid it. Not sure how the system works (if your blinker is on, does it turn off?)

I think the biggest disappointment is the lack of HUD. I'm not even going to consider this car. The more I've waited on it, the more I've turned my back on it. I currently have an RX and will soon replace the wife's car, but will be moving on it seems.
Old 11-19-14, 11:47 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mors
According to the NX manual (http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...al-search.do):
driver has deviated from the lane. If the system judges that the vehicle has deviated
indications in the multi-information display, it will provide assistance by operating

If you think about it, I'd hate to want to change lanes, and the car forbid it. Not sure how the system works (if your blinker is on, does it turn off?)

I think the biggest disappointment is the lack of HUD. I'm not even going to consider this car. The more I've waited on it, the more I've turned my back on it. I currently have an RX and will soon replace the wife's car, but will be moving on it seems.
I think the intention is to provide a little resistance if it seems like drifting instead of an intentional movement. The turn signal will no doubt factor in as it's a clear indication you intend to move over. I'd be interested to know if it activates when you try to move over and the blind spot is occupied.

As far as interest in the NX, we seem to be in the same boat. The US version is just too lacking in so many ways on paper. I will give the NX a fair shake, hopefully I can take one as a loaner this spring, but I'm no longer expecting it to be what I choose.
Old 11-19-14, 03:00 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

It is really surprising that Canada gets HUD as part of the Executive package but yet it is not available in the US. I think it is a mistake not to offer the Executive package in the US. My guess is the vehicles are built in the same factory for both the US and Canada.
Old 11-19-14, 07:21 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

It's funny to read these threads with people stating that they WILL NOT BUY a vehicle if it doesn't have ABC or D. It reminds me of the spoiled "rich kids" in grade school who wouldn't ride in a car that wasn't a Mercedes. Well, I guess they have grown into .... well, at least we won't have to put up with them much longer because there is no HUD ... or the car has lane "notification" instead of an ACTIVE ASSIST system. As the saying goes "Give me a BREAK!" and ...
Don't let the door hit you in the a.....on your way out!

What's funny is that I have to eat crow here as Lexus does not appear to offer a GREY interior and... well, the wife REALLY liked her prior Lexus grey interior and wanted her next car to have that same interior so... it looks like we are also crossing the NX off our list and watching my butt as I leave this forum...LOL

Last edited by bunka; 11-20-14 at 08:18 AM. Reason: typos
Old 11-20-14, 07:40 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bunka
it's funny to read these threads with people stating that they WILL NOT BUY a vehicle if it doesn't have ABC or D. It reminds me of the spoiled "rich kids" in grade school who wouldn't ride in a car that wasn't a mercedes or BMW. Well, I guess they have grown into .... well, at least we won't have to put up with them much longer because there is no HUD on this vehicle or the car has lane "notification" instead of an ACTIVE ASSIST system. As the sayign goes "Give me a BREAK!" and ...

What's funny is that I have to eat crow here as Lexus does not appear to offer a GREY interior and... well, the wife likely her prior Lexus grey interior and wanted her next car to have that same interior... crossing the NX off my list and watching my butt as I leave this forum...LOL
I'm sure I've come off that way on at least a few occasions. I would say if you are participating on a forum you probably are going to be a bit more demanding. My wife does actually want a grey interior, too. It hadn't even occurred to me that this is not available.

If you set the door mode dial to "eco" you should have plenty of time to make it out.
Old 11-20-14, 08:55 AM
Wagnerian
Rookie

I am surprised we are getting watered down version of NX in America considering this is the biggest market for Lexus. Personally I do not care of HUD as I find it distracting. ML would have been nice even though it might have cost me extra. My disappointment is lack of leather seat in F-Sport which is the only trim I am interested in and 19 inch wheels cost extra 3k.

I am cross shopping with BMW 4 series gran coupe but will not make a decision till I test drive. Hopefully I get the call from my dealer before Thanksgiving.
Old 11-20-14, 11:51 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bunka
It's funny to read these threads with people stating that they WILL NOT BUY a vehicle if it doesn't have ABC or D. It reminds me of the spoiled "rich kids" in grade school who wouldn't ride in a car that wasn't a Mercedes. Well, I guess they have grown into .... well, at least we won't have to put up with them much longer because there is no HUD ... or the car has lane "notification" instead of an ACTIVE ASSIST system. As the saying goes "Give me a BREAK!" and ...

What's funny is that I have to eat crow here as Lexus does not appear to offer a GREY interior and... well, the wife REALLY liked her prior Lexus grey interior and wanted her next car to have that same interior so... it looks like we are also crossing the NX off our list and watching my butt as I leave this forum...LOL
It can remind you of the spoiled little rich kids for sure. Once you've experienced HUD and have seen how nice it can be, why "settle" with something else unless there are more options and the car entices you enough to live without it? This isn't the only reason I've gone against the NX. This thread had mentioned missing features, and I threw one more in there.
Once you've gone to hybrid cars, it's hard to go back - I also think the NX 300h is lacking in power more than I'd like to see.
I will say I'm nowhere near the spoiled little rich kid, and I'm still not. I work hard for the money I have, and it's my desire to not choose a car based on features. I offered my opinion on this car. Heck - I even offered a link to the manual so someone could look up the Lane Assist feature (I think that's called helping).
I've been with Lexus since 2005 when I bought a used 2002 RX with low mileage. It was very hard to pull the trigger on that car, but I'm glad I did.

I really wanted to like the NX, and I followed it for a very long time now - it's just disappointing to see their CT has a new color HUD display, but they chose to not offer it in the NX.

On a similar note, my wife likes the gray interior (both our current cars have gray interior, and I had to order my RX in order to get the gray interior - did I mention why settle?)
I think the Lexus parchment is too bright, and the black doesn't offer any interior variation...and I'm sure many people like that.

Lexus knows they will sell a butt ton of these in the US, so why give us everything on a car when they can add it 3 years later so you come back. Smart on their part, but leaves some of us waiting - or roaming to other manufacturers.

I'm not leaving the forums just because I'm not going to buy the NX, so I guess you won't be happy that my a** isn't going to get hit by the door. I'll still come back and look to see what people think about the NX once they have one, and see what troubles they may have. Who knows - 3 years may go by and we may end up owning one...it's just not for me right now.
Old 11-20-14, 03:45 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KarmaNina
No "build your own" yet. But the do have the pricing listed as well as the packages.

Also, the "December to Remember" sales event is up on the site, however like I knew, nothing for the NX. But for those buying the RC there is.....
I was advised by my Lexus sales person today that they have been allocated 20 NX's due in the first week of December. I'm sure a few will be used as demos.
No hybrids are in this first allocation I was told.
Old 11-20-14, 04:27 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This would be awesome if the system can recognize you blinking to allow you to change lanes. That way it will prevent those a-holes that change lanes without using blinkers lol.
Old 11-20-14, 11:50 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Individual
This would be awesome if the system can recognize you blinking to allow you to change lanes. That way it will prevent those a-holes that change lanes without using blinkers lol.
This site REALLY needs a "LIKE" button!

Quick Reply: 2015 Lexus NX on US site!