NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Launch Sales Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-14, 03:38 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NX Launch Sales Performance

I didn't know that the NX is already available in other markets. And unsurprisingly, it looks like a hit for Lexus so far in its first couple of months.

In Taiwan, it was the 22nd best-selling car in its launch month with 432 sold.

In Hong Kong, Lexus NX enters the Top 20 in its first month at #19

And in its second month (October), NX breaks into the Top 10 at #8

In Sweden, it reaches #67 and accounts for 70% of Lexus sales for October 2014.

In Norway, the NX enters the Top 50 at #43.

Interesting that its doing pretty well in well-off Asian and Scandinavian countries.
Old 11-09-14, 05:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^ Which is why I'm worried I may not get my NX in early December as slated. lol

Jokes aside, each country will get their initial allocation regardless of demand elsewhere; and no surprise the NX is killing it globally.
Old 11-09-14, 06:37 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Taiwan, it's actually up to 17th now, making it the highest selling vehicle from any "premium" automaker in the country.

In Australia, we're still waiting for the first full month of sales.

On the Lexus UK blog, they said that European orders for the NX had surpassed 10k units.

Like many have predicted, it's going to be the sales leader for Lexus in many many markets, so supply will almost certainly be constrained.
Old 11-09-14, 06:38 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Remember when CT increased Lexus sales in Europe a year or two ago? Anyone know if that was maintained or did it lose steam after the first year? If sales did fall off a cliff for the CT, I wonder if the NX will have the same front-loaded sales trajectory.
Old 11-09-14, 06:54 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai
Remember when CT increased Lexus sales in Europe a year or two ago? Anyone know if that was maintained or did it lose steam after the first year? If sales did fall off a cliff for the CT, I wonder if the NX will have the same front-loaded sales trajectory.
I'm thinking probably not. If you look at the Compact Luxury CUV segment, it is very hot right now and has been for several years. The NX and MKC will continue to grow the segment and next gen Q5, GLK (not sure about X3) are on their way, so it looks like the segment still has a lot of room for growth.
Old 11-10-14, 02:27 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I'm thinking probably not. If you look at the Compact Luxury CUV segment, it is very hot right now and has been for several years. The NX and MKC will continue to grow the segment and next gen Q5, GLK (not sure about X3) are on their way, so it looks like the segment still has a lot of room for growth.
I totally agree. In the luxury segment you also have a refresh for the RDX in early 2015 that should compete directly with the NX since performance wise the RDX boasts a slightly stronger engine. In 2014 the Cherokee was released and is doing very well.

In my opinion the 182 inch SUV / CUV market is the hot area right now because of improvements to fuel economy (most avg aound 23 mpg) plus many have 200+ horsepower engines.

In addition, the next hot sgement is the subcompany SUV (Nissan Juke / KIA Soul sized vehicle). With the Audi Q3 and Mercedes GLA coming out you see that the less expensive entry level SUV market will pick up. BMW as the X1 which is a little longer than these but in the segment. Honda has the HRV coming out next year. Toyota / Lexus does not compete in this segment yet.
Old 11-10-14, 08:22 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by wildeklave
I totally agree. In the luxury segment you also have a refresh for the RDX in early 2015 that should compete directly with the NX since performance wise the RDX boasts a slightly stronger engine. In 2014 the Cherokee was released and is doing very well.

In my opinion the 182 inch SUV / CUV market is the hot area right now because of improvements to fuel economy (most avg aound 23 mpg) plus many have 200+ horsepower engines.

In addition, the next hot sgement is the subcompany SUV (Nissan Juke / KIA Soul sized vehicle). With the Audi Q3 and Mercedes GLA coming out you see that the less expensive entry level SUV market will pick up. BMW as the X1 which is a little longer than these but in the segment. Honda has the HRV coming out next year. Toyota / Lexus does not compete in this segment yet.
I forgot about the RDX refresh. A lot of activity in the segment! The RDX is selling very well. The last time I looked, a couple of months ago, it was the best selling in the segment.
Old 11-10-14, 04:49 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

sales dropped for CTh... Lexus sales in Europe are seasonal - when something is a hit it sells for 2 years like crazy.... RX always sold well, different category and NX is more like that.

everything in europe is moving towards SUVs... people want SUVs instead of premium sedans or hatchbacks... so thats why Lexus is doing CTh based SUV as well.
Old 11-11-14, 10:14 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

I didn't know that the NX is already available in other markets. And unsurprisingly, it looks like a hit for Lexus so far in its first couple of months.

In Taiwan, it was the 22nd best-selling car in its launch month with 432 sold.

In Hong Kong, Lexus NX enters the Top 20 in its first month at #19

And in its second month (October), NX breaks into the Top 10 at #8

In Sweden, it reaches #67 and accounts for 70% of Lexus sales for October 2014.

In Norway, the NX enters the Top 50 at #43.

Interesting that its doing pretty well in well-off Asian and Scandinavian countries.
ho hum..., I wonder how many of those Markets get the ML Stereo and HUD....
Old 11-12-14, 01:17 AM
Nights
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dreamlab
ho hum..., I wonder how many of those Markets get the ML Stereo and HUD....
Pretty much all other markets get those options.

The thing is, buyers in those markets aren't nearly as price sensitive as some US buyers seem to be.
Old 11-12-14, 06:41 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^ Which is why I'm worried I may not get my NX in early December as slated. lol

Jokes aside, each country will get their initial allocation regardless of demand elsewhere; and no surprise the NX is killing it globally.
What was your opinion on the pricing? I was told by my dealer that a significant number of pre-orders were dropped due to the higher than predicted MSRP.
Old 11-12-14, 07:53 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by dat dude
What was your opinion on the pricing? I was told by my dealer that a significant number of pre-orders were dropped due to the higher than predicted MSRP.
Hmm, surprised if people's expectations were not met on pricing. The pricing was "written" in the competition's pricing and in fact the NX is actually a little cheaper when you compare all the features like-for-like. Perhaps they didn't read the Specs/Pricing thread on predictions which are a near match to actual MSRP.
Old 11-12-14, 08:18 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmm, surprised if people's expectations were not met on pricing. The pricing was "written" in the competition's pricing and in fact the NX is actually a little cheaper when you compare all the features like-for-like. Perhaps they didn't read the Specs/Pricing thread on predictions which are a near match to actual MSRP.
Agreed - at least the pricing in Canada looks great and it is competitive.
Old 11-13-14, 06:33 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

pricing in NA is really affordable... Europe and Japan are much more expensive for top models (mid levels are cheap).
Old 11-13-14, 06:45 AM
doomdealer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that the MSRP is in the expected range - there wasn't any real surprises there.

However, now that we have Lexus Canada's NX online configurator available, their advertised rates seem a bit high to me (4.9% @ 48 months lease or 60 months finance). I was originally hoping for 1-2% less than that.

Also, the website does not automatically decrease the rate by 0.1% per $1000 of downpayment. This works for other Lexus vehicles like the RX or IS. I am not sure if this is an oversight or not, but I was hoping to put like $20k down to drop the rate down to a more manageable 2.9%. If I can't bring the rate down, I might pass on my NX pre-order.

Quick Reply: NX Launch Sales Performance