NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX F Sport in hand, what do you want to know?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-14, 05:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default NX F Sport in hand, what do you want to know?

Going to spend some time on the NX F Sport. No guarantee, but anything specific that you would like to cover?

Still too early to say, but I am quite happy with it so far
Attached Thumbnails NX F Sport in hand, what do you want to know?-img_5358.jpg  
Old 09-09-14, 06:20 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know:
- real world fuel economy
- front seat comfort (how snug/tight the sport seats are overall)
- real world space in rear cargo area
- how flat do the rear seats fold
- your opinion of the headroom
- a look at the space in the middle console
- some shots of the Nav screen in action ... How it functions with an iPod connected etc.

Are the rims on the one in your picture the ones that come with the all-season tires or summer tires? Or does the rim option matter?

Thanks for the offer to answer some questions ...
Old 09-09-14, 07:23 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

How does the Drive, Handling, Power, etc compare to a RX?

And where are you in OC? Can you come by my work (Harbor and Warner) with it and take me for a spin?
Old 09-09-14, 07:29 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^All of the above plus:

- Compared to an RX F-Sport
- NVH compared to an RX

Thanks!
Old 09-09-14, 07:35 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can you see the Nav screen in full daylight or does it wash out? One of my biggest concerns since they mounted the screen where they did.
Old 09-09-14, 07:59 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested to know if the NX seats are just basically the same as the IS350 F Sport seats? Specifically how do the side bolsters compare; are they just as big? My wife currently has an issue with my IS F Sport seats bc she can't lay her arms freely on the side since she's a little petite. Feels like her arms are a little forward leaning like how guys puff up their chest in the gym and walk with their arms out wide.
Old 09-09-14, 09:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

great feedback! all noted and i will be evaluating all these aspects. i will probably post back regarding some of the items and cover the rest in the review

interesting to see comparison to rx fsport. my review on the rx fsport just went up today (gx and lx in the pipe) so i am definitely going to do that comparison

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...0-f-sport.html
Old 09-10-14, 02:37 AM
Nights
Pole Position

I had a fairly extended test drive today with the local dealer. The feeling I got was 'IS wagon' - in a good way. It drives fairly similarly to the 3IS with good body control. The ride was definitely firmer than the RX but not too firm, even in Sport S+. Also NVH compared to RX was a little noisier but nothing really intrusive.

One thing I really wanted though and was a little disappointed by is the screen. It really should be a little bigger and the resolution a bit higher especially when it's trying to show 3 windows at a time. If it were ~9" I think it'd be perfect.
Old 09-10-14, 05:30 AM
kevNX
Driver School Candidate

I'd like your initial thoughts against the following vehicles as well, if you can.

- Acura RDX
- Audi Q5
- BMW X3
- Merc GLK
Old 09-10-14, 05:44 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nights
I had a fairly extended test drive today with the local dealer. The feeling I got was 'IS wagon' - in a good way. It drives fairly similarly to the 3IS with good body control. The ride was definitely firmer than the RX but not too firm, even in Sport S+. Also NVH compared to RX was a little noisier but nothing really intrusive.

One thing I really wanted though and was a little disappointed by is the screen. It really should be a little bigger and the resolution a bit higher especially when it's trying to show 3 windows at a time. If it were ~9" I think it'd be perfect.
good to know that you've driven the 3IS before and was able to get a sense that the NX was like a IS wagon. was the NX you test F Sport or or base model? If F Sport, can you tell me how the NX F Sport seats compare to the 3IS F Sport seats?
Old 09-10-14, 06:21 AM
Nights
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
good to know that you've driven the 3IS before and was able to get a sense that the NX was like a IS wagon. was the NX you test F Sport or or base model? If F Sport, can you tell me how the NX F Sport seats compare to the 3IS F Sport seats?
It was the F Sport model, and the seats are virtually identical from memory other than the stitching pattern.
Old 09-10-14, 06:34 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

thanks for the info. i'll wait to hear what rominl's inputs are too. i don't know how big of a person you are (no pun intended) but my wife is 5'4" and has trouble getting in and out of the F Sport seats in our 3IS, even when the seats are put at the highest setting. i think her issue is the fact that the seat has been placed lower by an inch in the 3IS compared to the 2IS and the side bolsters on the thighs make it tough for her to get out. what was your take on the seats (getting in, getting out) now that they are in a higher level for the CUV segment?
Old 09-10-14, 07:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Nights

Thanks for sharing and in line with my expectations! I'm expecting the NX F-Sport ride to be about the same as my 3IS F-Sport and RX F-Sport while NVH about like the 3IS. Correct me if I'm wrong based on your experience... I suspect a key contributor to the better sound insulation in the RX is the laminated front side glass whereas the IS and NX (based on high-res pics I've seen on the front windows) don't have it.
Old 09-10-14, 08:53 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

More car or SUV?
Old 09-11-14, 05:44 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it a US production model? What options are on it. There are tons of rumors about some options that may not be available in the US - HUD, ML, BSM, RCTA, sunroof, wireless phone charging, 360 degree cameras, heated front seats, cooled front seats.

Last edited by Mors; 09-11-14 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: NX F Sport in hand, what do you want to know?