NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX preview events@Canadian dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-14, 09:40 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default NX preview events@Canadian dealerships

Just got this from email from Lexus Canada..

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/automobiles/nx/events
Old 08-22-14, 11:51 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Yeah, great news! Already planning to attend.
Old 08-23-14, 08:11 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm going to go as well.
Old 09-11-14, 06:50 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 219 Likes on 149 Posts

So we attended the preview last night. Static display; it was a Japanese model; right hand drive. 200T F sport in red, no sun roof but Mark Levinson sound!

Pros; size is nice. We sat in a new RX F right next to it in the show room and the Wife commented how "big" the RX is. This was not a production vehicle; there was odd and unfinished heat shielding on one of the cooling tubes at the top of the engine. No big engine cover like in the RX; you can actually see something under the hood. General fit and finish was typical Lexus quality though; very nice. Nice quality buttons, etc. That new touch pad may be interesting. The car wasn't on, but the fact it is to work like a smart phone would be cool to try. We played with the joy stick in the RXF and it seemed a bit odd, less intuitive than the touch interface on the NX. But again, it wasn't "on", so until I try it for real, don't really know which is preferred. The charging pad was in the NX; looked interesting.

Cons; the seats are too narrow. I'm not svelte, 6', 230 Lbs. and the bolsters in the lower seats cut into my thighs. Wouldn't want to do a long road trip with those. Perhaps the non F sport seats are different. Odd placement of the start button; high on the dash. Back seat room seemed adequate from the knee to rear of front seat; both Wife and I were in the back and it was tight, particularly when the center arm rest was lowered. This is a 4 passenger vehicle for sure. However, no sunroof meant likely a bit more headroom than will be on those with the sun roof. Then the front end; I'm not sold. The F sport grill looked really odd to me. The L logo was massive; almost kitschish. The display wasn't on either, but it sticks out like an afterthought. I think the designers should have integrated it into the dash; there seems to be enough of it.

The rear tailgate is rounded outwards too; didn't get that from the various pictures around. And the tops of the tail lights protrude quite a ways out, almost forming a shelf. Dangerous for things potentially dropping on them and I can imagine not cheap to replace should they break.

So in summary, until I see a 200T non-F Sport and get to drive it, I'm still on the fence. May just go with an RX and may wait to see the 2016 version. Long wait though; am told it's not due until October 2015.

And if you are interested, they have an LFA in the showroom as well. Not sure if it's new, but this was a limited edition; 1 of only 10 in Canada.
Old 09-21-14, 09:08 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Out of a surprise, I saw the 2 NXs in Yorkdale Mall in Greater Toronto Area today, I was told they are the one which will be for preview in various dealerships in the next couple of days, Both are Japanese RHD F-Sport models equipped with Mark Levinson, auto power-folding mirrors, panoramic view monitor ( cameras under side mirror and the front hood badge), something that are not currently available for North American market but they are worth a peek. Note the F-Sport real leather seats in both of the NXs and the black paint is not Obsidian/212. It is 217/Starlight Black Mica.

Added note -- both are NX200t
Attached Thumbnails NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-1531509736.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-7995041.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-3262378499.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-3984191132.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-1531387587.jpg  

NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-2431951749.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-2764156802.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-1994723595.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-3178040369.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-1566528154.jpg  

NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-1437432946.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-1764363384.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-159769972.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-3490657834.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-1702797030.jpg  

NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-3776383135.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-4141162724.jpg   NX preview events@Canadian dealerships-image-935939077.jpg  

Last edited by AndyL; 09-22-14 at 05:40 AM.
Old 09-22-14, 04:05 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ WOW. What a nice surprise! Not a single source I know knew it would have been, in Yorkdale Mall??? That USB NX pops and looks like my IS . I'm looking forward to this week's viewing at my dealer.

Thanks for sharing!

PS - How did you find the interior space (and cargo)? I'm expecting it to be in between the IS and RX but closer to the RX...

Last edited by corradoMR2; 09-22-14 at 04:12 AM.
Old 09-22-14, 05:38 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^ WOW. What a nice surprise! Not a single source I know knew it would have been, in Yorkdale Mall??? That USB NX pops and looks like my IS . I'm looking forward to this week's viewing at my dealer.

Thanks for sharing!

PS - How did you find the interior space (and cargo)? I'm expecting it to be in between the IS and RX but closer to the RX...
I didn't expect this as well. Surprised Lexus Canada didn't advertise it.

But I think Lexus Canada has picked the right place to show the NX as Yorkdale Mall has a lot of high brand fashion goods/gadgets. The black one was just sitting next to Holt Renfrew and from the entrance of the Apple Store and the Tesla Retail Store, you can spot it. And also a nice coincidence, it was the launch weekend for iPhone 6/6+. At 4pm yesterday, the phone pick up reservation lineup was quite long outside the Apple Store. Probably a good crowd to catch.

Actually you will see the black NX also pops because it has Starlight Black Mica (code 217) on F Sport.

For the cargo space, if you consider an RX with the back seats in the their usual position --- ie. without moving the back seats forward (which would result in a big gap behind the back seats), the cargo space of NX looks comparable.

One of the NXs (the USB one) has the machined wheels with blackened spokes. After looking at an actual NX, it is still not my cup of tea. The wheel looks dated and less posh because the contrast between the shiny machined face and the black spokes with orange peel is bothersome.
Old 09-22-14, 10:11 AM
jackyff8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I managed to sneak in their underground storage area before they did the presentation at noon today. The blue one here is at Don Valley Lexus and the black one will be at Lexus of Richmond Hill. I'm going by after work to look at it again. Btw.....the blue looks amazing in person. I don't know if I made a wrong choice going for white.

Last edited by jackyff8; 09-22-14 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-22-14, 10:21 AM
adamsmith
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackyff8

Great photos!

This one gives an idea of the size. You don't get this idea if you don't compare it to another car. Although I know it's similar to an X3, the visual comparison is quite clear
Old 09-22-14, 11:04 AM
jackyff8
Driver School Candidate

They also brought in an Audi Q5, Merc GLK and BMW X3 if anyone wants to compare it in the basement. Not going to be put in the show room of course. It definitely looks streamline and handsome. When those LED lights go on, they will take your breath away. The turn signal is integrated into the day-time running led, which is a step up from the current generation IS model as their turn signal is still in the main headlight unit. I just want to make note that the fog lights appears to be led too, they all have the same crisp white tone and its very consistent. All the mechanics and dealer guys all went "woah" and "wow" when the lights were turned on.
Old 09-22-14, 01:09 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

All these shots of the NX in town are getting me excited
Old 09-22-14, 03:44 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All these NX's have me wanting to order one!
Old 09-22-14, 06:35 PM
jackyff8
Driver School Candidate

more pictures that I took after work..

Name:  QS8qGeW.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  240.2 KB

Name:  p7laGLN.jpg
Size:  591.9 KB

Name:  3WcuUxi.jpg
Size:  570.1 KB

Name:  7P96bfH.jpg
Size:  554.5 KB

Old 09-22-14, 06:36 PM
jackyff8
Driver School Candidate

Old 09-22-14, 07:16 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Tonnes of shots, thanks! What were your impressions?

Quick Reply: NX preview events@Canadian dealerships