Lexus NX Wikipedia - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Lexus NX Wikipedia

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-14, 08:03 AM   #1
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
Thread Starter
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,128
Default Lexus NX Wikipedia

Page is up with very little info. Opportunity for all to update it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_NX

Current content as of this writing:

The Lexus NX is a luxury compact crossover to be sold by Lexus, the luxury division of Toyota. The NX was revealed at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition on April 20, 2014.[4] It will feature a 2.0L turbocharged inline four cylinder engine in most trims, with a hybrid powertrain shared with the Toyota Camry available as well. The NX shares considerable engineering and parts with the Toyota RAV4, although the styling, engines and level of luxury are unique to the Lexus.


That line in BOLD is not accurate/misleading and good bait for haters to reference. I'll attempt to re-word it based on facts to something like: "The NX is loosely based off the Toyota RAV4 for which 10% of the parts are shared, mainly in the structure and wheelbase. The remaining 90% is unique to the NX including the rear half of the platform, front bumpers and crash box, suspension parts, higher rigidity and stricter assembly tolerances, engines, interior design, materials, styling, and level of luxury."
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 09:08 AM   #2
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
Thread Starter
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,128
Default

Since the paragraph in question is just a Stub (summary), I updated Wikipedia to this:

The Lexus NX is a luxury compact crossover to be sold by Lexus, the luxury division of Toyota. The NX was revealed at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition on April 20, 2014.[4] It will feature a newly developed 2.0L turbocharged inline four cylinder engine in most trims, with a hybrid powertrain shared with the Toyota Camry available as well. The NX shares a small portion of parts with the Toyota RAV4 primarily related to the structure and wheelbase, while the styling, suspension parts, engines, interior, and level of luxury and craftsmanship are unique to the Lexus.
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CR Sep 2015 NX Review bikerida NX Models (2015-present) 11 08-15-15 08:41 AM
NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread corradoMR2 NX Models (2015-present) 367 03-02-15 06:49 PM
MM Annual Holiday-Review...2015 Lexus NX mmarshall Car Chat 34 12-16-14 10:14 AM
First Drive: 2015 Lexus NX 200t Hoovey2411 Car Chat 63 07-12-14 04:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved