NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 06:33 AM
BuzLteBeer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Husker4the
I'm surprised they aren't just calling it the 2016 Lexus NX since it's releasing so late in the year. Some other refreshes and new models that come out so late have done something like this and had a year and a half model year versus having such a short model year to start. I'm sure the original intention was to get this thing out in late August or early September.
Speaking of, and it may very well be too early to predict, but does anyone have a good feel for when the 2016 NX will release (I'm assuming more likely around the "usual" time), and whether any tweaks/changes will be offered with it? I'm good on my IS lease until around September 16 or so I believe, and am trying to decide if I want to just wait or try and strike earlier.
Old 11-17-14, 07:19 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Husker4the
I'm surprised they aren't just calling it the 2016 Lexus NX since it's releasing so late in the year. Some other refreshes and new models that come out so late have done something like this and had a year and a half model year versus having such a short model year to start. I'm sure the original intention was to get this thing out in late August or early September.
if you are selling it, you cant sell 2016 in 2014... there are some rules in the madness.

Otherwise, NX did not have delays.
Old 11-19-14, 07:35 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BuzLteBeer
Speaking of, and it may very well be too early to predict, but does anyone have a good feel for when the 2016 NX will release (I'm assuming more likely around the "usual" time), and whether any tweaks/changes will be offered with it? I'm good on my IS lease until around September 16 or so I believe, and am trying to decide if I want to just wait or try and strike earlier.
Don't understand the logic of the question. You would have to pay penalties for the early lease termination when it's THAT MANY months in advance so why would ANYONE want to pay those fees when they could simply wait until their lease is up and those new options DO come available?
Old 11-20-14, 09:46 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

are you meaning to tell me that without the premium package, this car would come without a sunroof? i find this hard to believe.

in 2010, i had a base IS 250...there wasnt a single option on the window sticker, yet it came with a sunroof.

I wonder what the cost would be for:

200t
AWD
F-Sport front bumper only
Moonroof
LED headlights, which are bically advertised as standard

I have no desire for navi, driving nannies, F-Sport suspension, F-Sport interior, ML stereo, etc etc. But i have a feeling that the few items i want will end up breaking the $40k mark with packages, which is very unfortunate, especially because i wouldnt touch the non-Fsport fascia wit ha 10 foot pole.
Old 11-20-14, 10:31 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

I responded to this in your other post in the "brochure" topic, I won't repost here what I already typed there. Here is a link to it thought:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ml#post8795895

Originally Posted by ThermonMer
are you meaning to tell me that without the premium package, this car would come without a sunroof? i find this hard to believe.

in 2010, i had a base IS 250...there wasnt a single option on the window sticker, yet it came with a sunroof.

I wonder what the cost would be for:

200t
AWD
F-Sport front bumper only
Moonroof
LED headlights, which are bically advertised as standard

I have no desire for navi, driving nannies, F-Sport suspension, F-Sport interior, ML stereo, etc etc. But i have a feeling that the few items i want will end up breaking the $40k mark with packages, which is very unfortunate, especially because i wouldnt touch the non-Fsport fascia wit ha 10 foot pole.

Last edited by philwojo; 11-20-14 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added link
Old 11-20-14, 05:50 PM
BuzLteBeer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bunka
Don't understand the logic of the question. You would have to pay penalties for the early lease termination when it's THAT MANY months in advance so why would ANYONE want to pay those fees when they could simply wait until their lease is up and those new options DO come available?
Don't mean to disagree, but I'm not so sure I would. My current IS lease came on the heels of a previous IS lease, and it was done several months in advance without any early termination fees. Actually, our dealership called us to initiate the process. Don't know if that was random luck or not, but I've also spoken recently on the phone with my guy at the dealership and later bumped into him in person. I've made it very clear that I'm interested in possibly leasing an NX to replace my IS, and he's made it seem very possible without ever mentioning any fees.

That said, I don't necessarily HAVE to get an NX right away, I can certainly wait. Has anyone heard any rumors of anything new/different for the 2016 models?
Old 11-20-14, 11:43 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BuzLteBeer
Don't mean to disagree, but I'm not so sure I would. My current IS lease came on the heels of a previous IS lease, and it was done several months in advance without any early termination fees. Actually, our dealership called us to initiate the process. Don't know if that was random luck or not, but I've also spoken recently on the phone with my guy at the dealership and later bumped into him in person. I've made it very clear that I'm interested in possibly leasing an NX to replace my IS, and he's made it seem very possible without ever mentioning any fees.

That said, I don't necessarily HAVE to get an NX right away, I can certainly wait. Has anyone heard any rumors of anything new/different for the 2016 models?
The "several months" is an all-to-famliar sales tactic but a YEAR in advance is something COMPLETELY different so you may want to do a bit more research as to what options you REALLY have rather than to assume that you can "easily" get out of the current legal contract as easily as you did the prior one.

No offense intended but as far as the fortune-telling powers that people may have on this site, GET REAL! We don't even have ANY of the 2015's here in the states yet so what would lead you to believe that ANYONE (including Lexus officials) would have ANY idea of what is going to happen in 2016?

Last edited by bunka; 11-20-14 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-24-14, 07:39 PM
sleepyking
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The official pricing seemed to be misleading, to me at least.
Doing the math it was starting at ~$34,500. and then you add premium and navigation (which were my preferred add-ons). I guessed it'd be around close to $40,000 with those two options before taxes.

However when I paid my dealer a visit last week, that exact combo starts upwards of $43k. and thats before taxes. I'm a bit confused.
Old 11-25-14, 02:31 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

for those who are interested Edmunds has the NX Pricing up where you can build your own. An AWD non-F Sport that is almost fully loaded had an MSRP of about 47k and invoice of $44k.

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/nx-200t...m=base&sub=suv
Old 11-25-14, 07:32 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ that doesnt seem to have anything for the F-Sport.

Go to the lexus website, they have the dollar amounts for all packages and options.

What im coming to the conclusion of, is that the premium package on the F-Sport model is $800 less than if it were to be applied to the Base model. (likely because the F-Sport cannot be configured with ventilated seats). That said, not only is the $2k extra for the F-Sport a steal, but a F-Sport with premium package is only like $1k more than a Base model with premium package.

assuming you want a sunroof, and basic amenities (the premium package) then it makes little sense to get the base model to save like $1k over an F-Sport. yes, this is lexus' doing, as they admitted they are anticipating almost half of sales to be F-Sports.

What im getting to is a couple hundred over the $40k mark for an F-Sport AWD with premium package only (no nav, etc). That seems pretty reasonable. With some haggling with leasing brokers a few months out, this should be had for $400/mo, zero down, exc. taxes and fees.

Last edited by ThermonMer; 11-25-14 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-28-14, 07:51 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default NX is in

Originally Posted by webhed
My sales rep here in Hawaii called me on Thursday and told me the NX is now on island, but won't be available till early December.

Servco has several to see/ drive. I went in today, took a NXh for a drive.. I was happy. I'll wait for the hype to calm down and pick one up.

The guy I delt with was upfront and didn't play games
Old 12-04-14, 07:40 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Official Canadian NX brochure

Just checked Lexus.ca and found they put the official brochure pdf online. Maybe because today is the official launch date.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/lexus.site.t...12042014044221

I am glad they've fixed the presentation of the packages for F-Sport NX in the official brochure. The teaser brochure was a bit confusing.
Old 12-05-14, 08:50 AM
doomdealer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AndyL
I am glad they've fixed the presentation of the packages for F-Sport NX in the official brochure. The teaser brochure was a bit confusing.
Agreed. This brochure is much more clearer about the packages. Thanks for posting it!
Old 12-05-14, 09:40 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

1st new owner took delivery yesterday @ Lexus of Route 10

Old 12-06-14, 03:20 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Matador Red Mica looks sharp, especially with the "liquid graphite" finish on the wheels.

Quick Reply: NX Specs, Packaging, and Pricing Thread