NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Three Different NX Front Bumpers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-14, 05:42 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Three Different NX Front Bumpers?

Like everyone else, i'm quite interested in the new NX. I've read up on quite a few articles on this new model and understand they have three models in this platform, NX200 (not sold in states), NX200t, and NX300h. I know there is a standard base/luxury trim, as well as an F-Sport trim. However, i recently came across a couple pictures and noticed that there was actually a third style for the front bumper. Can anyone tell me if this bumper (last pic) will be sold in the US? The media hasn't really said much about this third model/bumper styling.

Old 06-16-14, 03:50 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

thats 300h bumper... so yes... we have 200t bumper, 300h bumper and F-Sport bumper.
Old 06-16-14, 04:55 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if the bottom pic is a 300h w sport appearance package for the US ... Like they do for the RX 450h in the States. I'm sure it has to do with weight CAFE and fuel economy standards in USA but I feel frustrated that we aren't allowed true F Sports with hybrids.

Another explanation is that these are pics of prototypes that changed over time as we approach production.
Old 06-16-14, 06:11 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Like the F-Sport the most, but certainly would prefer the bottom one over the top.
Old 06-16-14, 07:17 PM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Husker4the
I wonder if the bottom pic is a 300h w sport appearance package for the US ... Like they do for the RX 450h in the States. I'm sure it has to do with weight CAFE and fuel economy standards in USA but I feel frustrated that we aren't allowed true F Sports with hybrids.

Another explanation is that these are pics of prototypes that changed over time as we approach production.
That is my guess as well, at least for the US. The pre-production 300h in Saabkyle's video looks like the top pic(specifically here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...RFlM0Wo4#t=270), so it seems like the base trim for both models is the top picture. F-Sport is obviously the middle, so I'm reasoning the only thing left is the appearance package? That seems to fit with how the RX appearance package looks.
Old 06-16-14, 08:03 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sg021
That is my guess as well, at least for the US. The pre-production 300h in Saabkyle's video looks like the top pic(specifically here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...RFlM0Wo4#t=270), so it seems like the base trim for both models is the top picture. F-Sport is obviously the middle, so I'm reasoning the only thing left is the appearance package? That seems to fit with how the RX appearance package looks.
So the only difference appears to be the small lower mesh portion? The top portion is the same for both correct? Basically I'm asking if anyone sees any difference in the horizontal slots on both the top and bottom pics. And possibly a different rim option with sport appearance package ... Not sure that will be worth the likely $1000-1200 charge for the appearance package. I'm very much anticipating more US spec details (as I'm sure we all are).
Old 06-16-14, 10:52 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nights
Like the F-Sport the most, but certainly would prefer the bottom one over the top.
Me too!

One thing I think many of us have noticed it that the NX has such sharply designed angles to it that in some photos, using certain Lenses (such as a ultra wide-angle) at some angles either make the NX look awesome or horrible.

I have seen one at our local dealer and it is very good looking, so don't be dismayed if you see an unappealing shot or two, keep an open mind until you can see one in person...!
Old 06-17-14, 03:33 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

So the only difference appears to be the small lower mesh portion? The top portion is the same for both correct? Basically I'm asking if anyone sees any difference in the horizontal slots on both the top and bottom pics. And possibly a different rim option with sport appearance package ... Not sure that will be worth the likely $1000-1200 charge for the appearance package. I'm very much anticipating more US spec details (as I'm sure we all are).
From those pictures the top portion looks the same to me. Your guess is as good as mine for the appearance package, but for the RX you also get a wheel upgrade so I wouldn't be surprised to see that included for the NX as well. There might also be some small trim changes beyond the grill
Old 06-17-14, 07:37 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
thats 300h bumper... so yes... we have 200t bumper, 300h bumper and F-Sport bumper.
i guess you're right, that the first pic is for the 200t.. that thing looks like another redone RX and nothing great about it.. but 300h is a little better. thanks for the clarification!
Old 06-17-14, 07:58 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Of the non-F sport rims that appear available I think I like the top pic better than the bottom but if true here as it is for Europe (which isn't always the case) I think the top end package will get the bottom pic rims.
Old 06-17-14, 09:31 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

there is no appearance package... there is different grille for 2.0t and for 300h, and there will be different wheels for different trims + engine.
Old 06-17-14, 02:34 PM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
i guess you're right, that the first pic is for the 200t.. that thing looks like another redone RX and nothing great about it.. but 300h is a little better. thanks for the clarification!
The first one is actually a 300h. You can see the hybrid badge on the bottom of the rear door. The second looks like a 200T Fsport and the last one is another 300h. Add 300h Fsport to it, there are seem to be 3 different bumper for 300h.
Old 06-18-14, 06:34 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
The first one is actually a 300h. You can see the hybrid badge on the bottom of the rear door. The second looks like a 200T Fsport and the last one is another 300h. Add 300h Fsport to it, there are seem to be 3 different bumper for 300h.
you're right..; this is so effing confusing lol
Old 06-18-14, 08:13 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
Like everyone else, i'm quite interested in the new NX. I've read up on quite a few articles on this new model and understand they have three models in this platform, NX200 (not sold in states), NX200t, and NX300h. I know there is a standard base/luxury trim, as well as an F-Sport trim. However, i recently came across a couple pictures and noticed that there was actually a third style for the front bumper. Can anyone tell me if this bumper (last pic) will be sold in the US? The media hasn't really said much about this third model/bumper styling.

The logo in the first picture doesn't look right. Looks like the corner of a triangle, rather than the letter L. Also, the fog lights are different than pic 2 & 3.
Pic 1 looks like it's touched up too much.
In the last pic, the NX300h looks like it's Photoshopped in. Just my opinion.
Ray A.
Old 06-23-14, 05:10 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Bottom pics grill the top pics wheels.......and hybrid with read accented interior in white pearl - please.

Quick Reply: Three Different NX Front Bumpers?