Print Wikipost

Lexus NX price and specification revealed for UK

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-14, 05:09 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
there will be incentives down the road, just like with any other car... however question is when and if it is good to wait for a year to get $3k off? For me, it would not be.

I think this car will be wildly popular in rest of the world, much more so than in the USA, so USA shipments might not be big for the start.

New Harrier in Japan (also based on Rav4, but much more so) outsold complete Lexus Japan sales for first 6-7 months on sale, Japanese want this car, and so does rest of the world.
Another bonus for waiting a yr on price will be the time given to prove the new HP DI engine. I know Lexus has tested it extensively, a million miles etc. But nothing takes the place of real world driving. The many associated problems w/HP DI usually don't show up until after 30k miles and up.
Old 05-27-14, 11:25 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Another bonus for waiting a yr on price will be the time given to prove the new HP DI engine. I know Lexus has tested it extensively, a million miles etc. But nothing takes the place of real world driving. The many associated problems w/HP DI usually don't show up until after 30k miles and up.
if we look historically, you better wait for 3+ years then... because thats how long it takes for issues to be discovered and fixed :-)
Old 05-28-14, 05:59 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
if we look historically, you better wait for 3+ years then... because thats how long it takes for issues to be discovered and fixed :-)
i think your way off on this. I'm no engine expert but can only relate to personal experience in this case with the 2010 Equinox DI 4cyl. There are many articles related to carbon build up and excessive oil consumption etc, Edmond's forum on the 2010 reveals this.
As a side note I just read on MT that the 2013 BMW 650i uses 5 quarts oil in 15k miles and is considered normal. The oil is lost thru the twin turbo chargers. That doesn't sound Lexus like. Something to consider.
Old 05-28-14, 11:00 AM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many oil related problems comes from the long-life oils and its service intervals. I know many Audi and VW owners that had their car "re-programmed" to use normal oils and service every year, instead of every second or 20.000 miles. Yes, this increases the maintenance cost significant, but the oil related problems disappears in many cases.

But then again, like 75% of the sold cars with turbo 4 cyl in EU are "company/business leasing" cars and will be traded in after 2-3 years, so nobody really cares. Thats why people still buy cars/engines with well documentated oil related problems and DSG gearboxes for example.