NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-14, 02:07 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Is that Deep Sea Blue Mica? Finally we get to see a darker color!

Old 06-02-14, 06:07 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

That looks fantastic in real life. Thanks for sharing
Old 06-03-14, 07:04 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

The star is really the RC in these shots, but we see a peek of the NX! Courtesy of http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/06/0...atomic-silver/

Interesting to note that we often catch both these vehicles together.

Old 06-03-14, 08:39 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope we get a chance at an F-Sport 300h here in the USA. At least an appearance package please! I see the 300h in the F Sport above does not have chrome tipped tailpipes. I do like the rims on the above 300h over the 200t above.

Wanting a loaded 300h with F-Sport or appearance package as of right now. I heard rumors the panoramic roof may be a late availability thing due to the weight in regards to the 300h. Trying to decide on White, Pearl White, Silver, or atomic silver as of now.

Hopefully we see them in October as has been reported in other countries!
Old 06-03-14, 09:30 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The NX is now on display in Lexus International Gallery Aoyama (Tokyo area) from Jun 4 for a limited time to accommodate the official date for pre-ordering in Japan (Jun 6).

My friend from Japan sent me these..

Note the close-up of single LED headlamp in the black F-Sport NX and the material used in the inside of the tailgate.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-3869714876.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-161876298.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-3227693601.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-3107758468.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-3816741268.jpg  

Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-253834941.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-397052755.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-image-2201642590.jpg  

Last edited by AndyL; 06-03-14 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-03-14, 10:57 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks fantastic!

I really think the triple LED cluster suits the car and the new Lexus design language so well. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw different iterations of it throughout the lineup with the refreshes/redesigns etc.
Old 06-04-14, 07:20 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Cable attached to hatch?

Originally Posted by AndyL
The NX is now on display in Lexus International Gallery Aoyama (Tokyo area) from Jun 4 for a limited time to accommodate the official date for pre-ordering in Japan (Jun 6).
My friend from Japan sent me these.
Note the close-up of single LED headlamp in the black F-Sport NX and the material used in the inside of the tailgate.
The last pic shows a cable raising some sort of cover flap. Anyone know what that is?
Ray A.
Old 06-04-14, 07:50 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by raylor4
The last pic shows a cable raising some sort of cover flap. Anyone know what that is?
Ray A.
Those cables are to hold the luggage cover/tonneau cover. For similar setup, you can take a look at cars like RAV4 and even Yaris. Actually it is quite common for a lot of hatchbacks on the road.

This is a different luggage cover setup than the current RX where there is a metal bar with retractable cover which is more luxurious and refined. The metal bar in RX also seems to be a stabilizer bar as well. The flexible vinyl cover is also required to accommodate the expandability of the trunk space (by moving the back seats forward) in RX.

For NX, maybe it is not necessary as far as stabilizer bar is concerned. Also I doubt the back seat can be moved forward to increase the trunk space. So overall, Lexus changes the luggage cover design for simplicity.

Last edited by AndyL; 06-04-14 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-04-14, 08:11 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

More real pictures from Japan, with courtesy of MinKara Carview . Thank you Ryouta san (りょーたさん)

This time is red NX200t Prototype in Lexus Gallery Midland Square in Nagoya. It is RHD and the interior is Black X Rioja Red/Dark Rose

http://lexus.jp/brand/lexus_gallery/...are/index.html

Note the luggage cover -- The ropes/cable construction are clearer from this angle.

IMO, this is the most visible spot of refinement reduction compared to the current RX. The loops and the ropes are almost identical as in a Toyota Yaris. I hope I can change the impression when I actually see the car. On the other hand, some find it easier to detach. The metal rod setup from RX makes it a chore to put it on and off when you need to carry big luggages from time to time. So there are + and -.

More pictures and descriptions are in

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...733/photo.aspx

Impressions -
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...blog/33275225/

Note - the tire in this right-hand drive prototype is Yokohama Blue Earth, also available in Europe.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-nx200t__red_midtown_square_02.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-nx200t_red_midtown_square_01.jpg  

Last edited by AndyL; 06-04-14 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-04-14, 08:18 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

The Q5 has a similar loop/cable configuration for the cargo cover. It works well, is easily removed and stored, and the quality of the materials is good. I would think the NX cover would be similar. I do agree that a retractable set up might be more convenient overall.
Old 06-04-14, 08:46 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 219 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
The Q5 has a similar loop/cable configuration for the cargo cover. It works well, is easily removed and stored, and the quality of the materials is good. I would think the NX cover would be similar. I do agree that a retractable set up might be more convenient overall.
I leave the retractable cover stored in the well under the cargo floorboard in our RX now; rarely use it. Have this same (NX) setup in our daily commuter and it's a pain to get out of the car when needed. Certainly a less desirable solution than the retractable cover.
Old 06-04-14, 09:51 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL

My friend from Japan sent me these..

The single projector is most likely HID xenon, not LED.
Old 06-04-14, 10:39 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

AndyL, Thanks for the PICS! Finally we get to get a view of a black NX!
Old 06-04-14, 10:56 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JasDmw
I leave the retractable cover stored in the well under the cargo floorboard in our RX now; rarely use it. Have this same (NX) setup in our daily commuter and it's a pain to get out of the car when needed. Certainly a less desirable solution than the retractable cover.
IMO, it depends on perspective. Sorry for the confusion in my original message. I intended to suggest retractable cover in RX is actually more difficult/time consuming to remove than the simplified version in NX.

For the retractable cover in RX, you have to unlatch all four plastic clips from the back of the rear seats, then carefully disengage the latches of the metal rod. Not to mention you have to deal with the hanging vinyl covers --- for me I actually roll the vinyl covers (not too tightly) around the metal rod and use some velco straps to secure the covers to the rod prior to removing the entire rod+rolled covers from the car. It will also be more difficult to reach the plastic clips from the back of the trunk if you have shorter arms.

For the cover in NX, you just need to unhook the cords from the latches from the tailgate cover and then the entire luggage cover can be taken away from the car.

In terms of luggage cover portability, it may be a different story.

For RX, I am surprised it could be put under the well of the trunk. How is it to be done?

For NX, storing the luggage cover somewhere in the car on the fly would be difficult as well.

So I don't know which luggage cover is more portable.
Old 06-04-14, 10:59 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jhs82
The single projector is most likely HID xenon, not LED.
To my surprise as well --- the single lens is still a LED but for the low beam only -- as per the information available from the blogs in Japan as well as some literature from Lexus UK or Lexus Australia which I couldn't remember.

Remember low-beam LED headlamp with high-beam halogen lamp combo is already a standard in 2014 Toyota Corolla (at least in North America)

Quick Reply: Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread