NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread

Old 05-01-14, 08:43 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its too small.. I can't wait to see what they do with the next generation RX.
Old 05-02-14, 09:21 AM
PEK
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if anyone seen this yet.

Old 05-07-14, 09:23 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 219 Likes on 149 Posts

Am really struggling with that front end. The video shows more lifelike views, but still; wow. And I agree with the positioning of the display; total afterthought in appearance. Otherwise, does look like an interesting package. Wait and see mode.
Old 05-07-14, 12:19 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why does this car look 95% like the CX-5...
Old 05-07-14, 01:04 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Because it's a CUV and all CUVs look the same
Old 05-07-14, 02:00 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by PEK
Not sure if anyone seen this yet.
Most of us did already last week but thanks for the post anyway.

Originally Posted by reyoasian
I had the same initial reaction until I looked a little more closely and noticed there's a lot that's different, especially when you put them side-by-side. Rear-side window and belt-line (chrome strip) is raised in the NX, different front-end, rear end, creases and sculpting, etc. The NX is really unique and distinguishable much like an Evoque stands out in the class as well. Compare even the roofline and notice how the CX-5 slopes down from the B-pillar back vs the NX's keeps rising. Even the windshield slopes are different. The NX looks more sleek while the CX-5 is actually starting to look dated and "upright" in its styling and stance. Now one can argue the NX resembles more closely to a 7/8th's RX and I'd agree with that.

Old 05-07-14, 06:10 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mazda has copied a lot of Lexus design cues in recent years, their newest models are rife with them.
Old 05-08-14, 10:40 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 219 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Most of us did already last week but thanks for the post anyway.

I had the same initial reaction until I looked a little more closely and noticed there's a lot that's different, especially when you put them side-by-side. Rear-side window and belt-line (chrome strip) is raised in the NX, different front-end, rear end, creases and sculpting, etc. The NX is really unique and distinguishable much like an Evoque stands out in the class as well. Compare even the roofline and notice how the CX-5 slopes down from the B-pillar back vs the NX's keeps rising. Even the windshield slopes are different. The NX looks more sleek while the CX-5 is actually starting to look dated and "upright" in its styling and stance. Now one can argue the NX resembles more closely to a 7/8th's RX and I'd agree with that.

Interesting post. While I agree with the sprit of your comments, in the side view pictures there seems to be a very strong resemblance. I recall the last gen RX, which I have, and Hyundai were being confused. That kind of bothered me, considering. If now these 2 are going to be confused; not sure I'm thrilled with that. Of course, only need to look at the front and that will certainly be a differentiator.
Old 05-08-14, 08:32 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

I recall the last gen RX, which I have, and Hyundai were being confused. JasD

There's a Hundai Santa Fe, same color as my RX, that parks near me, that looks like a copy of the RX. Makes me mad. Maybe pictures soon.
Ray A.
Old 05-09-14, 04:02 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by JasDmw
Interesting post. While I agree with the sprit of your comments, in the side view pictures there seems to be a very strong resemblance. I recall the last gen RX, which I have, and Hyundai were being confused. That kind of bothered me, considering. If now these 2 are going to be confused; not sure I'm thrilled with that. Of course, only need to look at the front and that will certainly be a differentiator.
even the side is significantly different... as much as these cars can be different though.
Old 05-09-14, 05:14 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by JasDmw

Originally Posted by raylor4
I recall the last gen RX, which I have, and Hyundai were being confused. JasD

There's a Hundai Santa Fe, same color as my RX, that parks near me, that looks like a copy of the RX. Makes me mad. Maybe pictures soon.
Ray A.
Originally Posted by spwolf
even the side is significantly different... as much as these cars can be different though.

To all three quotes above. I can understand, but I'm with spwolf.

Lets face it, like Hoovey also stated, CUVs will always have a similar general shape, much like other car categories - minivans, sedans, etc.

Nowadays, the differentiator is mostly in the design and materials details, much like many other consumer products out there (smartphones, computers, TVs, clothing, watches, and the list goes on). If one notices, appreciates and compares these details, it will be easy to see the distinction between one vehicle over the other. Unfortunately, for many car owners, a car is simply a means of transportation to go from A to B. The majority of these folks will confuse many vehicles out there, if they even know their names. If we're in this forum, we're probably car enthusiasts to various degrees so we can see and appreciate the distinction beyond the general shape.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 05-09-14 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-09-14, 11:08 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

To all three quotes above. I can understand, but I'm with spwolf.

Lets face it, like Hoovey also stated, CUVs will always have a similar general shape, much like other car categories - minivans, sedans, etc.

Nowadays, the differentiator is mostly in the design and materials details, much like many other consumer products out there (smartphones, computers, TVs, clothing, watches, and the list goes on). If one notices, appreciates and compares these details, it will be easy to see the distinction between one vehicle over the other. Unfortunately, for many car owners, a car is simply a means of transportation to go from A to B. The majority of these folks will confuse many vehicles out there, if they even know their names. If we're in this forum, we're probably car enthusiasts to various degrees so we can see and appreciate the distinction beyond the general shape.
Summed up nicely corrado

Basically you'll find more or less the same content and features on widgets nowadays. With so many options you pick what suits you and your lifestyle best

In other words. Pick your badge, pick a color and sign here
Old 05-09-14, 01:07 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
In other words. Pick your badge, pick a color and sign here
Yep, pretty much nowadays.

Back to the purpose of this thread, pics!

Thanks to kaizenfactor for more NX pics in the flesh. Nice F-Sport family portrait here. Of course, the IS isn't too shabby either!
Seeing the IS and the NX side-by-side now I fully see the sports-sedan influence the Chief Engineer was aiming for in the NX. These two vehicles compliment each other so well, they are stunning together. Can't wait!
Attached Thumbnails Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-nx1.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-nx2.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-nx2a.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-nx2b.jpg   Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread-nx2c.jpg  

Old 05-09-14, 01:11 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe one shouldn't just the NX on it's OUTSIDE (looks) alone and just like with people, judge it by what's on the INSIDE, which I am sure will be nicer than a Mazda...
Old 05-09-14, 01:40 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, pretty much nowadays.

Back to the purpose of this thread, pics!

Thanks to kaizenfactor for more NX pics in the flesh. Nice F-Sport family portrait here. Of course, the IS isn't too shabby either!
Seeing the IS and the NX side-by-side now I fully see the sports-sedan influence the Chief Engineer was aiming for in the NX. These two vehicles compliment each other so well, they are stunning together. Can't wait!
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I'm bummed for missing ToyotaFest that took place in Long Beach. Could've seen it in person.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread