NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-14, 06:13 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^Yes, I understand. The "beige" tinge is my only small negative with Atomic Silver for me to have on the F-Sport. Otherwise, it has the most depth in any paint color I've ever seen. It gives off the impression that the paint is moving and the body panels are molten aged silver.

Then again, Ultrasonic Blue on my 3IS is very flashy which is also (understandably) a negative to some.

AndyL has had this color for several months now with his 3IS and maybe can share his thoughts on color and maintenance.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-10-14 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-10-14, 07:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

When I really took a hard look at a CRV today, the base NX front-end popped in my mind. Obviously not the same design but the slope of the grill, horizontal slats, and "missing chin" have some commonality.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-10-14 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-11-14, 07:47 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^Yes, I understand. The "beige" tinge is my only small negative with Atomic Silver for me to have on the F-Sport. Otherwise, it has the most depth in any paint color I've ever seen. It gives off the impression that the paint is moving and the body panels are molten aged silver.

Then again, Ultrasonic Blue on my 3IS is very flashy which is also (understandably) a negative to some.

AndyL has had this color for several months now with his 3IS and maybe can share his thoughts on color and maintenance.
I like 3IS in atomic silver --- it is extremely difficult to see swirls and it is even more difficult than say, the tungsten pearl (the silver in 2IS) probably because of the depth of the paint and the tone of the colour. For NX, if one is concerned about the golden/beigh tone that shows up during parts of the day, sonic Quartz is another good choice which shares similar paint depth treatment.

At night, atomic silver is stunning --

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...of-the-nx.html
Old 07-11-14, 11:45 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Thanks for sharing AndyL.

I'm still slightly tempted to go for AS. In fact my wife likes this color equally with some of the 3-4 others under consideration and the "slight beige" doesn't bother her like it does for me. But again, to put it into perspective, AS is a great color, but because I want to compliment the more aggressive and sporty look of the F-Sport, I feel some of the other colors might be better suited. I also would like a color that perhaps minimizes the "unfinished" look of the black wheel well arches instead of highlighting them.

Some might remember from the 3IS forum that I was torn a year ago for weeks on Obsidian/R.Red; UWhite/R.Red; and USB/Black when it was time for picking the color on the 3IS. I'm not going to repeat that (stressful) journey this time, or at least I hope not!
Old 07-11-14, 06:24 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I really took a hard look at a CRV today, the base NX front-end popped in my mind. Obviously not the same design but the slope of the grill, horizontal slats, and "missing chin" have some commonality.

All inspired by the RX.
Old 07-11-14, 08:52 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^ Thanks for sharing AndyL.

I'm still slightly tempted to go for AS. In fact my wife likes this color equally with some of the 3-4 others under consideration and the "slight beige" doesn't bother her like it does for me. But again, to put it into perspective, AS is a great color, but because I want to compliment the more aggressive and sporty look of the F-Sport, I feel some of the other colors might be better suited. I also would like a color that perhaps minimizes the "unfinished" look of the black wheel well arches instead of highlighting them.

Some might remember from the 3IS forum that I was torn a year ago for weeks on Obsidian/R.Red; UWhite/R.Red; and USB/Black when it was time for picking the color on the 3IS. I'm not going to repeat that (stressful) journey this time, or at least I hope not!
Yes, I remember your dilemma about the colors last year for the 3IS. I am sure this time you probably have one less colour to consider --- Obsidian/R.Red.
Old 07-12-14, 03:54 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^LOL. It's probably my first choice!

That's it, deja vu again, I'm starting a color poll!
Old 07-12-14, 10:34 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Nice shots of Nebula Gray mostly, and Silver Lining Metallic, from autogo.ca

Old 07-13-14, 09:03 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Droool.....

I'm tempted but then 2 USBs in the driveway too flashy

Some more stunning shots from http://www.slashgear.com/2015-lexus-...time-13337134/

Old 07-13-14, 10:22 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will be replacing my 2012 CT200h FSPORT (USB) which comes off lease October 27th for a USB NX200t FSPORT!!!
Old 07-13-14, 10:33 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Sweet! You've mentioned it over a few posts your wanted the NX USB. These shots demonstrate how stunning it looks.

Any further info on release dates in the US and have you put in a deposit for a pre-order yet? You may need to extend your lease a month or so if it's like up here. In Canada, the launch is in December which technically is still in the Fall season as they loosely said, but it's about a month more than what my dealer's GM told me three months ago.
Old 07-13-14, 12:14 PM
ColdLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had a chance to compare the NX to the Macan?
Old 07-13-14, 12:46 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdLexus
Has anyone had a chance to compare the NX to the Macan?
I haven't seen the Macan mentioned. That might be an apples/oranges compariso. Q5 is closer.
Old 07-13-14, 01:55 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Yeah, apples and oranges. But if you want to know the basics, Macan = Porsche performance in a small crossover package, especially the Turbo; 10K-30K more, smaller passenger and cargo.
Old 07-14-14, 05:12 PM
lilfool
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

First shots of Fire Agate Pearl. This color and the Ivory/bamboo interior accentuates the luxurious, premium craftsmanship of the NX.

http://moto.onet.pl/aktualnosci/nowy...salonach/l7gme

might have some luck there with the auto folding mirrors. On the 12th picture down, it looks like the controls for it on the door. But then again who knows what country this was taken in. But I'm loving these pictures!

Quick Reply: Lexus NX Real World Pictures and Videos Thread