NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-16, 04:11 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^Great savings. Congrats on your new NX and welcome to the forum!
Old 08-23-16, 05:09 PM
WDEagle
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We took delivery today of a:

2016 NX200t F Sport
Ultra White w/black
LED Headlamps
Intuitive Parking Assist
Pre-Collision System
NAV Package
Mirrors w/blind spot detection
Power Back Door
Premium Package
PAP Z2

Wife has been driving a 2005 Saab 92x (rebadged Subaru WRX) 5MT sport wagon for the last 11+ years and 201K miles. She had been eyeing a RX350 for a couple of years. She was 95% certain that the RX is what she would buy. We stopped by the dealer on Friday and took a look around. She was already familiar with the RX as her Sister has one. I suggested she take a look at the NX F Sport. She change her mind almost instantly. She liked the size and personal feel of the NX. Hopefully the NX will treat us as well as the 92x did. See you around ...

Last edited by WDEagle; 08-23-16 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-23-16, 06:56 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by WDEagle

2016 NX200t F Sport
Ultra White w/black
LED Headlamps
Intuitive Parking Assist
Pre-Collision System
NAV Package
Power Back Door
Premium Package
PAP Z2

Wife has been driving a 2005 Saab 92x (rebadged Subaru WRX) 5MT sport wagon for the last 11+ years and 201K miles. She had been eyeing a RX350 for a couple of years. She was 95% certain that the RX is what she would buy. We stopped by the dealer on Friday and took a look around. She was already familiar with the RX as her Sister has one. I suggested she take a look at the NX F Sport. She change her mind almost instantly. She liked the size and personal feel of the NX. Hopefully the NX will treat us as well as the 92x did. See you around ...

Wow, that Boxer engine is tough! The NX should serve you as well if not better in longevity. Enjoy and congrats!
Old 08-23-16, 07:02 PM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WDEagle

2016 NX200t F Sport
Ultra White w/black
LED Headlamps
Intuitive Parking Assist
Pre-Collision System
NAV Package
Power Back Door
Premium Package
PAP Z2

Without pics, it hasn't happened.
Old 08-25-16, 01:44 PM
Cyn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOVE my new NX!

Hi Everyone!

Well, my beloved ten-year-old IS250 started giving me expensive repair problems, so I bit the bullet and traded her in on a 2015 NX200t. I made the decision within 24 hours of learning that I had a $2500 repair bill staring me in the face. They gave me the NX as a loaner and I was sold. If the IS had not been having problems lately, I would have sworn the service manager at my dealership saw me coming, but I took her to an independent mechanic, one whom I trust, and did not mention any issues to him. He came back with the same diagnosis, so I went back to my dealershp and told them I wanted a deal. They gave me a decent one, considering the repairs needed on the IS. I ended up with a car used only as a loaner by them, 11,000 miles on it, and in pristine condition. She handles very well, gives a smooth ride, and has decent power. She is gorgeous, and I love her. They had only one certified pre-owned one on the lot at the time and it just happened to be the color I wanted, Nebula Gray Pearl. All the bells & whistles I could want (except for a heated steering wheel, but really, how necessary is that, even here in New England?). I have had her now for two weeks (today, actually) and I am now comfortable driving her. She is bigger, obviously, than my sedan, and I love having all the extra interior space that the IS did not have. I also love being high up. Still learning about all the features, even after a visit with the Lexus technician and getting a tutorial. I hope she lasts as long as my IS did!
Old 08-25-16, 02:24 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Cyn
Hi Everyone!

Well, my beloved ten-year-old IS250 started giving me expensive repair problems, so I bit the bullet and traded her in on a 2015 NX200t. I made the decision within 24 hours of learning that I had a $2500 repair bill staring me in the face. They gave me the NX as a loaner and I was sold. If the IS had not been having problems lately, I would have sworn the service manager at my dealership saw me coming, but I took her to an independent mechanic, one whom I trust, and did not mention any issues to him. He came back with the same diagnosis, so I went back to my dealershp and told them I wanted a deal. They gave me a decent one, considering the repairs needed on the IS. I ended up with a car used only as a loaner by them, 11,000 miles on it, and in pristine condition. She handles very well, gives a smooth ride, and has decent power. She is gorgeous, and I love her. They had only one certified pre-owned one on the lot at the time and it just happened to be the color I wanted, Nebula Gray Pearl. All the bells & whistles I could want (except for a heated steering wheel, but really, how necessary is that, even here in New England?). I have had her now for two weeks (today, actually) and I am now comfortable driving her. She is bigger, obviously, than my sedan, and I love having all the extra interior space that the IS did not have. I also love being high up. Still learning about all the features, even after a visit with the Lexus technician and getting a tutorial. I hope she lasts as long as my IS did!

Cyn,

I had a Gen 2 and Gen 3 IS250 and loved them both. They have served me well and I expect the NX to do as well if not better. Hope you will enjoy it for many years to come.

Post pics here - we always love seeing an owner's new NX! And in case you haven't seen the FAQ here, check it out as it has lots of good info for new owners to go through.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Old 09-06-16, 03:12 PM
cherylstik
Driver School Candidate

Hello from San Diego, CA. I'm new to the Lexus family, and so far so good.

- 2016 Lexus NX 200T
- Nebula Gray Pearl exterior (to match the road bike) and Black NuLuxe with Dark Umber trim Interior (to match the dog)
- Standard Options -- my only regret is not getting the Navigation system

Old 09-06-16, 03:26 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

That grey is a very nice colour!

I was going to get that but it had a red interior I didn't like.
Old 09-06-16, 07:46 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats! Nice color. I almost got that, but feel in love w/ the Vortex Blue as soon as I saw it!
You'll have to get some nicer wheels someday & tint those front windows. It looks much better & keeps
you from having a hot interior in the summer! Hope you love it & enjoy!
Old 09-19-16, 12:08 AM
relaxmax92
1st Gear

Default Ordered the NX300h !

Hi all!
Just wanted to share my joy at having ordered the NX300h as follows :
  • Executive version with Technology pack (HUD, LKA, AHB)
  • Grey Mercure outside, Black leather inside
Delivery expected around mid November (Paris, France).

Will have to say bye-bye to my IS250 which has given me tremendous quality and satisfaction
Old 09-19-16, 06:57 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by relaxmax92
Hi all!
Just wanted to share my joy at having ordered the NX300h as follows :
  • Executive version with Technology pack (HUD, LKA, AHB)
  • Grey Mercure outside, Black leather inside
Delivery expected around mid November (Paris, France).

Will have to say bye-bye to my IS250 which has given me tremendous quality and satisfaction
Nice to stay in the Lexus family. Congratulations and post with pics when you get it.
Old 09-21-16, 09:01 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Here's One for the Books

Tomorrow I pick up my NX F Sport and I'm trading in my current vehicle. You ask what it is. It's a 2017 Jaguar F Pace "S" Sport 380 HP supercharged V6 with almost every imaginable option. Why you ask because the ride and electronics are horrible. I have an RC350 F Sport and love it along with a a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport. Taking a little hit but well worth it. The infotainment system on the F Sport works, not so much on the Jaguar. Don't get me wrong the styling and handling are fantastic but my Vette is better. The Jag was supposed to be a daily driver. Didn't happen.

Glad to be back looking forward to what I hope will be a great forum. I'm a moderator on the Jaguar site and it's a lot of fun hope this will be the same.
Old 09-22-16, 03:27 PM
Dizaster
Driver School Candidate

Default Love My New NX!

After a longggg hiatus, I am back on CL! I had the day off this past Monday to recover from getting my wisdom teeth extracted and took a couple of hours off from my bedrest and bad TV to trade in my 2010 RX450h with 120k miles for a new 2016 NX200t (non-F Sport :-()!

Got a fantastic deal from Lexus of Glendale on both the trade-in and a lease on my new whip in Silver Lining Metallic with Black Nu-Luxe Interior and the following options:
ACCESSORY PACKAGE
PREMIUM PACKAGE
NAVIGATION SYSTEM PACKAGE
ELECTROCHROMIC INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR
INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST
POWER BACK DOOR
ELECTROCHROMIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS W/MEMORY

I had come in originally seeking a base model with an MSRP of ~35k with a lease offer of $339+tax per month with $3k down. I was lucky enough to get this car, with an MSRP of $42,648 for $2k down and $355 per month (including tax), which included a $1k recent college grad discount and $500.00 Lexus Loyalty credit. I had purchased my RX in January of this year from the same dealer and they ended up giving me about $1800 trade in credit on the car after deducting what I owed which is much more than what I expected. Had to compromise a bit since they didn't have the Atomic Silver with a cream colored interior, but with the price, I couldn't say no :]

Hope I didn't make a mistake by not waiting for the 2017 model though?
Old 09-22-16, 04:55 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by MKenM
Tomorrow I pick up my NX F Sport and I'm trading in my current vehicle. You ask what it is. It's a 2017 Jaguar F Pace "S" Sport 380 HP supercharged V6 with almost every imaginable option. Why you ask because the ride and electronics are horrible. I have an RC350 F Sport and love it along with a a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport. Taking a little hit but well worth it. The infotainment system on the F Sport works, not so much on the Jaguar. Don't get me wrong the styling and handling are fantastic but my Vette is better. The Jag was supposed to be a daily driver. Didn't happen.

Glad to be back looking forward to what I hope will be a great forum. I'm a moderator on the Jaguar site and it's a lot of fun hope this will be the same.
The F-Pace is one sexy SUV and to this day tempts me to trade in the NX for it. But the interior looks and feels "cheap" and the higher price sways me away from it. I didn't test drive it but a stiff ride would definitely be a deal-breaker for me. I'm curious to know if you test drove the car or spent enough time to feel the stiff ride. BTW, congrats on the NX!

Originally Posted by Dizaster
After a longggg hiatus, I am back on CL! I had the day off this past Monday to recover from getting my wisdom teeth extracted and took a couple of hours off from my bedrest and bad TV to trade in my 2010 RX450h with 120k miles for a new 2016 NX200t (non-F Sport :-()!

Got a fantastic deal from Lexus of Glendale on both the trade-in and a lease on my new whip in Silver Lining Metallic with Black Nu-Luxe Interior and the following options:
ACCESSORY PACKAGE
PREMIUM PACKAGE
NAVIGATION SYSTEM PACKAGE
ELECTROCHROMIC INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR
INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST
POWER BACK DOOR
ELECTROCHROMIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS W/MEMORY

I had come in originally seeking a base model with an MSRP of ~35k with a lease offer of $339+tax per month with $3k down. I was lucky enough to get this car, with an MSRP of $42,648 for $2k down and $355 per month (including tax), which included a $1k recent college grad discount and $500.00 Lexus Loyalty credit. I had purchased my RX in January of this year from the same dealer and they ended up giving me about $1800 trade in credit on the car after deducting what I owed which is much more than what I expected. Had to compromise a bit since they didn't have the Atomic Silver with a cream colored interior, but with the price, I couldn't say no :]

Hope I didn't make a mistake by not waiting for the 2017 model though?
Congrats. You got a good deal and no need to be concerned with any major updates to MY '17 since Lexus typically introduces a mid-cycle refresh in the fourth year of the model's generation (would be MY '18).
Old 09-22-16, 06:06 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I pre-ordered the F Pace before it hit the market. I was told and test drove XE/XF which had the same suspension and chassis, so I was told. When I first got the SUV I was so enthralled by the vehicle I didn't pay attention to the ride. After a couple weeks I started to complain. It's a long story but no matter what I did the ride was way to firm for it to be my daily drive.

Love the ride in the NX F Sport. Great ride! The drama is now in the past!!!!!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!