NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-16, 03:22 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

After 3 weeks driving solely the NX, I drove our 2010 RX to dinner last night for the fun of it.
While RX is certainly OK, no where close to NX. Steering is so much quicker/easier with NX.
I continue to be satisfied with the drivability of NX.
It did take some time to get used to differences to the NX 4/turbo.
Old 04-19-16, 08:03 PM
ronslexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lexusbexus

I agree. I have the Nebula gray with flaxen interior and love it. Have owned mine for 7 months now.

Added body side molding upper and lower and 20" chrome wheels.

The power is amazing. Much quicker than my 2010 IS250, which I still have.
see pics.

Hope you love it as much as I do.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-rons-bsm-4.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-rons-bsm-3.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-rons-bsm-5.jpg  
Old 04-19-16, 10:10 PM
lexusbexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by ronslexus
I agree. I have the Nebula gray with flaxen interior and love it. Have owned mine for 7 months now.

Added body side molding upper and lower and 20" chrome wheels.

The power is amazing. Much quicker than my 2010 IS250, which I still have.
see pics.

Hope you love it as much as I do.
What a beauty.

Your front end looks different from any I've seen. Like something in between the F-Sport fascia and the base fascia. Did you do something there too?
Old 04-20-16, 07:36 AM
ronslexus
Driver

Nothing done to the front end. I notice that the wheels and molding change the look of the car.
Old 04-20-16, 08:50 AM
lexusbexus
Rookie

Nothing done to the front end. I notice that the wheels and molding change the look of the car.
It does, and for the better. Makes it look like it's sitting a little lower.

I've noticed that the NX looks like a different car from every angle you look at it. Some could see that as a negative but I like it.
Old 04-20-16, 05:48 PM
ronslexus
Driver

I agree. I love the fact that it looks different from different angles.

I have had 58 cars and this is one of the best. I hardly drive my IS250 anymore. If only they could get a GPS system that works like my phones, I would have NO complaints.
Old 04-21-16, 03:37 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Night driving!! I think it's been posted, but the cornering lights are awesome.
I live in darker neighborhood. When I turn left, the left curb is totally lighted.
So with cornering lights and triple LED, I feel blessed to experience all this while driving.
Are cornering lamps standard on FSport or did I pay extra?
Old 04-21-16, 04:09 PM
ronslexus
Driver

Not sure, probably standard on the FSport
Old 04-26-16, 07:25 AM
NXNick
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure, probably standard on the FSport

What a beautiful car, Ron! Totally agree with the new look the side mouldings give her, and the wheels on the F Sport adds a little different pop my base model doesn't have.

Also, it IS a different car depending on the viewing angle.....certainly not the same old anything else by a long shot. A unique enough looking car that I'm sure gets a lot of stares and smiles, and great color, too.

I think I see your shorts in the picture, the paint looks like a mirror! Congrats!
Old 04-27-16, 11:56 AM
ronslexus
Driver

Yes, those are my shorts in the reflection. The paint really shines. I use Mequiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0
It is the greatest. You can put in on and leave it on for 30 minutes or longer and it will come right off with a towel or buffer. I have used it for the last 10 years and think it is the best.
Old 04-27-16, 03:50 PM
TeaAholic1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kent2174
I live in darker neighborhood. When I turn left, the left curb is totally lighted.
So with cornering lights and triple LED, I feel blessed to experience all this while driving.
Don't all NX's come with fog lights? I don't see a reason why the cheaper models will be left out of the hardware is already there.
Old 04-30-16, 06:17 AM
dCota
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kent2174
Fogs are standard across all NX's, but I think only the F Sport has the cornering lights.

Best,
dCota
Old 05-10-16, 02:42 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaAholic1
Don't all NX's come with fog lights? I don't see a reason why the cheaper models will be left out of the hardware is already there.
Some NX's have fog lights, some have fog/cornering lights.
Old 05-16-16, 11:13 AM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Bought my 16 NX late Nov and always look forward driving it. Love the steering (i'm almost always in sport) and it feels quicker than the stats indicate. Although I don't go over speed limit by much, I just like to get up to that speed fairly quickly and this car does it well. I have test driven several BMWs (almost bought a 5 series once and again a 4 series) but I could not justify the much higher price for very good handling cars albeit one with less reliability than Lexus. I have owned 07 and 13 ES's (nice cars but no excitement) so although the NX is no sport car, I am enjoying my time with it.
Old 05-27-16, 09:54 PM
cewens
Driver School Candidate

Default New NX 200t AWD

I'm a new member here and I just bought a 2016 NX 200t with AWD. This is my first Lexus. Nebula Gray, black interior, has the navigation and premium packages. Really like the backup camera, the heated/ventilated seats, the blind spot warning on the outside mirrors, the lumbar support, the hands free phone through the sound system, and the AWD traction option. I have installed the mud flaps (live on a long gravel road) and the wet weather floor mats. MUCH less expensive to buy those through Lexus dealers on EBay. This car has changed my every minute driving. Total comfort and doesn't beat me up on long trips like my older cars did. A total old person car. Still trying to decide if I want to install the door guards. Thanks for the pictures above of the Gray NX with both guards on it. Just what I needed to help decide.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! NX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!