NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-14, 09:32 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Sales are being talked about to show how much less competitive Lincoln is - which it is, as customer's vote with their wallets. MKZ looks great on paper but once people sit and drive them, they decide to purchase ES.

These are not hand built vehicles, it is not good if your cars dont sell.
Yup, the MKZ interior also looks cheap and dated.
Old 05-23-14, 09:42 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The NX compact crossover SUV is a luxury car for an urban lifestyle. Explore a variety of unique, convenient and high-tech features that will bring your driving experience to a new level.
Old 05-23-14, 09:52 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Yup, the MKZ interior also looks cheap and dated.
I'm not too familiar with the MKZ interior, but from what I saw at the auto show and from pictures nothing wrong with the MKC interior. It is more conservative and traditional vs. the NX. My guess is it will appeal to an older more conservative buyer than the NX.
Old 05-23-14, 09:53 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

LED fog lamp that turns for visability
Old 05-23-14, 12:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
I AM the one hating those stupid roofs! One pic of the NX and accompanying info implied it was an option and not mandatory on NX!!! I sure hope so. The "Haters" like me are older people that heard all the stories about dead sunroofs(Usually open) and ones that needed constant lubrication with a special grease(Cadillac) At one time GM did NOT install sunroofs and sent them out for it as it was an option that few bought! Leaking water was the major problem; you just did NOT buy a sunroof in Seattle in the early days of them! FYI background for you all
I have had cars in the family with sunroofs consistently since 1990. I have never had a sunroof leak, or require lubrication, or die open or closed.

One of those cars was a 1995 Cadillac. No lubricating, no leaks, no issues.
Old 05-23-14, 12:48 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I have had cars in the family with sunroofs consistently since 1990. I have never had a sunroof leak, or require lubrication, or die open or closed.

One of those cars was a 1995 Cadillac. No lubricating, no leaks, no issues.
I owned a Cadillac SRX for 6 years before my RX350 and was on their forum,,#1 topic,,Noisy, leaky, wearing out sunroof. Cadillac has a special grease for the godawful sunroof on SRX's and others now that is supposed to help, but cussing sunroofs was the worst part of owning a Cadillac SRX..... I had a 76 Cad Eldorado Biaritz,,,Sunroof was installed across the street from the factory by ASC(American Sunroof Corporation); dealer said it was #1 problem and not even a truly factory accessory,,,,,,Hate them!!
Old 05-23-14, 01:34 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Maybe it's a Caddy quality problem. I've never had a leaking, sqeaking, breaking etc. problem with a multitude of cars. No Caddy's though.

I can understand they aren't for everyone though.
Old 05-23-14, 01:38 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

If Lexus can keep a loaded NX in the $43-$48k range they will have a real hot selling luxury vehicle.

I say this as I was very excited about the upcoming BMW X4, a small SUV, but in building one on the BMW website, with the 4-cyl Turbo and the approximate number of expected options that should be included with the NX, it comes out at $62k (ouch). Add to the fact that it is really just a shunk-down X6.

While the NX, looks are new and fresh. I have driven my (BMW) 330i for 12 years now and I may miss it, but driving my wife's loaded 2014 RX350 is so comfortable, quiet and overall pretty awesome, I am ready for the change...!

I guess the X4 and NX are not direct price competitors but appeal-wise they are about the same to me, but by them pricing it so high, I am not going to be paying $15k MORE for the same features!
Old 05-23-14, 02:00 PM
Kendig
Driver

One big thing against the MKC is lack of accessibility by the public. Lincoln dealers are fewer and further between these days/combined with Ford dealers, Lexus has a better dealer network...one of Lincoln's many problems...
Not always the case. I'm an hour+ away from the nearest Lexus dealer (the one I don't ever plan to go to again) and almost 90 minutes to the next nearest. Lincoln dealer's much closer.

MKC, fully loaded with all the luxury and technology, comes in under $50K. And it's very interesting to see that with Lux, Tech, and a few other niceties a Jeep Cherokee Limited comes in in the mid-30's...
Old 05-23-14, 02:26 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kendig
Not always the case. I'm an hour+ away from the nearest Lexus dealer (the one I don't ever plan to go to again) and almost 90 minutes to the next nearest. Lincoln dealer's much closer.

MKC, fully loaded with all the luxury and technology, comes in under $50K. And it's very interesting to see that with Lux, Tech, and a few other niceties a Jeep Cherokee Limited comes in in the mid-30's...
I am in southern California; 3 million people; the Lincoln dealer where I live closed and there is only ONE dealer and it is right in San Diego, and not nice people as I owned a Town car before Cadillacs....the main reason I would not buy a Lincoln; PLUS they had $10,000 give away rebates on one model 2 years ago; Ford is doing great; Lincoln needs some guidance!!
Old 05-23-14, 02:44 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

There are two Lincoln dealers near me within a 20-30 minute drive. Both are in large Ford stores, but don't know anything about the showroom set up of either.
Old 05-23-14, 02:54 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
I owned a Cadillac SRX for 6 years before my RX350 and was on their forum,,#1 topic,,Noisy, leaky, wearing out sunroof. Cadillac has a special grease for the godawful sunroof on SRX's and others now that is supposed to help, but cussing sunroofs was the worst part of owning a Cadillac SRX..... I had a 76 Cad Eldorado Biaritz,,,Sunroof was installed across the street from the factory by ASC(American Sunroof Corporation); dealer said it was #1 problem and not even a truly factory accessory,,,,,,Hate them!!
I mean...that's one car with a problematic sunroof. And using a 1976 Cadillac with an aftermarket sunroof that had issues as an example of why you shouldn't order a sunroof on a 2015 Lexus is more than a little bit of a stretch lol. That was done nearly 40 years ago my man! I think factory sunroofs today are done a tad better.

Most people like/want sunroofs. That's why they are basically standard.
Old 05-23-14, 03:01 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

I mean...that's one car with a problematic sunroof. And using a 1976 Cadillac with an aftermarket sunroof that had issues as an example of why you shouldn't order a sunroof on a 2015 Lexus is more than a little bit of a stretch lol. That was done nearly 40 years ago my man! I think factory sunroofs today are done a tad better.

Most people like/want sunroofs. That's why they are basically standard.
Sadly, if you read the Cad SRX forum; they are still fighting terrible sunroofs on 2013 SRX's; should have left it to
ASC to do it for them; don't get me started on leaking T-tops;; somehow flat roofs are not good on cars or houses if you want a door or window not to leak!!
And ASC sunroofs were considered "factory" because most Cadillac people did not want a silly sunroof; either convertible or sedan, nothing in between

Last edited by dctex99; 05-23-14 at 03:03 PM. Reason: add about ASC
Old 05-23-14, 03:01 PM
joebxr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dreamlab
If Lexus can keep a loaded NX in the $43-$48k range they will have a real hot selling luxury vehicle.
Have to disagree. They need this NX F-Sport 200 to come in under $43 to be a winner. When it goes above that range it starts to overlap with other vehicles. That is why Toyota dropped the 6Cyl from the Rav...Rav4 LTD w/V6 cost was $3-5k over the cost of a Highlander.
Old 05-23-14, 03:02 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I'm not too familiar with the MKZ interior, but from what I saw at the auto show and from pictures nothing wrong with the MKC interior. It is more conservative and traditional vs. the NX. My guess is it will appeal to an older more conservative buyer than the NX.
I would agree with this based on my observations of the MKC at the Toronto Autoshow. For me, there was nothing that wowed me from a styling standpoint (in and out) though the materials/fit/finish was good and looks plush. Have to see the NX from up close when available to compare.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread