NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-14, 06:37 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^Hoping that gorgeous Shimamoku wood is available in all markets for the F-Sport, and not just the plastic silver carbon fiber trim.
Old 05-06-14, 08:26 PM
QuentinB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why so little bamboo on the NX200h? I love it in the GS450h. Gorgeous.
Old 05-06-14, 09:56 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by QuentinB
afraid the NX is the bottom line vehicle; so just as it has "leatherette" all around, we will not see much Bamboo. I want one, and would sure love a wood steering wheel, but I am afraid it will not be!
Old 05-06-14, 10:07 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

It already has a lot more than something like the CT, which only has one piece

This is the second cheapest lexus hybrid
Old 05-06-14, 10:45 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by darrelld
Does anyone know if the 2AR-FSE will be offered on the US NX 300h?
Probably the 2AR-FXE since it's transverse mounted.
Old 05-07-14, 01:56 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interview with Lexus NX Chief Engineer Takeaki Kato

Lexus NX chief engineer Takeaki Kato answered fan questions during the Beijing Auto Show — here are some of the highlights from the interview:

Q: How will you differentiate NX from RX?

Both vehicles have the same innovation and finesse of Lexus. One customer could choose the RX for its elegant, stately, sophisticated shape, just as another customer might want the NX for its edgy, dynamic personality.

Customers might have a difficult time choosing between the two, but at Lexus we want to provide as many options as possible.

Q: Which colour do you think suits NX best?

I think all the colors are great, but my personal favorite is Sonic Quartz, which is a new and unique white color that we spent a lot of time developing.

Although it is pure white, the finish has a crisp metallic quality that brings out the shadows and angles of the sides and compliments the design of the NX overall. Also, the contrast between the white body and black wheels looks really great.
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/05/0...-takeaki-kato/
Old 05-07-14, 02:35 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Lexus NX chief engineer Takeaki Kato answered fan questions during the Beijing Auto Show — here are some of the highlights from the interview:

Q: How will you differentiate NX from RX?

Both vehicles have the same innovation and finesse of Lexus. One customer could choose the RX for its elegant, stately, sophisticated shape, just as another customer might want the NX for its edgy, dynamic personality.

Customers might have a difficult time choosing between the two, but at Lexus we want to provide as many options as possible.

Q: Which colour do you think suits NX best?

I think all the colors are great, but my personal favorite is Sonic Quartz, which is a new and unique white color that we spent a lot of time developing.

Although it is pure white, the finish has a crisp metallic quality that brings out the shadows and angles of the sides and compliments the design of the NX overall. Also, the contrast between the white body and black wheels looks really great.
I'm sorry, but that is pretty funny (I'm sure some of you recognize the irony from previous dicussions on this forum )

Sounds nice

Last edited by Hoovey689; 05-07-14 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-07-14, 04:26 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

I just received the message below from my local Lexus Salesman:

"We do have a show case of the NX on May 18th at our service center at about 10:30 to 3pm if you want to come check it out. It won't be available for Sale until later on in the year."

I am in Southern California and will report back with thoughts, hopefully I can sit in it and as we just bought an RX350, I will be able to compare the inside and outside sizes.

Lexus maybe parading a pre-production NX around to different Dealers, so it would not hurt to contact your local dealer and see if they are also having a "show case"...
Old 05-07-14, 05:04 PM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I'm sorry, but that is pretty funny (I'm sure some of you recognize the irony from previous dicussions on this forum )

Sounds nice
Ha, didn't even dawn on me when I'd read it before.

In general those "engineering" talks were a bit disappointing. I'm not sure what I should have been expecting, but most of the answers came off as being vague and heavily massaged by a marketing department.
Old 05-07-14, 05:12 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

Sounds nice
I chuckled too at the contradiction of the statement that Lexus wants to offer lots of models when Mark Templin and others have clearly stated it's not Lexus' priority.
Old 05-07-14, 06:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I chuckled too at the contradiction of the statement that Lexus wants to offer lots of models when Mark Templin and others have clearly stated it's not Lexus' priority.
actually, message from last month is that Lexus will grow by offering more options, instead of offering more models.
Old 05-08-14, 11:45 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus NX to Debut New Audio Improvement Technology

The Lexus NX will introduce a world-first audio technology from Harman called Clari-fi, which significantly improves the sound quality of compressed audio:

Unlike other solutions in the market today, Clari-Fi does not simply add equalization and boost bass, or focus only on leveraging high-resolution file formats on a proprietary device, according to Harman. Harman said Clari-Fi analyzes digital audio signals in real time and rebuilds them during playback. It does not mask the effects of heavy compression by adding new effects, but instead uses an algorithm to put back what is lost during the compression process.

The Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio System in the Lexus NX incorporates Clari-Fi technology across 14 speakers in 12 locations, carefully designed and located strategically throughout the vehicle cabin, to create what Harman said is an optimum listening experience. It’s all powered by an 835-watt, 12-channel ML5 amplifier.

The 2015 Lexus NX equipped with the available Clari-Fi-enabled Mark Levinson premium surround sound audio system is expected to launch in Asia and Europe later this year.

The Lexus NX will be the very first production vehicle to incorporate the new technology, though from the phrasing of the press release, it sounds like Clari-fi won’t be coming to North America right away.

Melissa Riofrio from TechHive had a chance to sample the audio difference:

I previewed this technology at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in January. As I sat in a well-insulated room, nattily dressed Harman executives played an MP3 file, first in its regular, lossy form, and then with the Clari-Fi technology (then called Signal Doctor) enhancing the sound. With Clari-Fi doing its thing, the song sounded fuller and richer. I had the same experience in a demo car Harman had outfitted for the show.
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/05/0...nt-technology/
Old 05-08-14, 12:56 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Ok, the ML upgrade for the current RX is $1000, how much do you think the ML for the NX will be?

My guess is that it will be in the $1250 - $1500 range...
Old 05-08-14, 02:21 PM
DPK
Driver School Candidate

I received this message on May 1 (after Dreamlab's response) after voicing my interest in ML on the NX:

Thank you for contacting the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department. Your concern is important to Lexus, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts. We are dedicated to providing superior service. In circumstances that require our attention, we will assist in the resolution process.

We appreciate your interest in the Lexus NX.

We apologize as information on the NX is currently unavailable. Lexus will release information such as styling, specifications, features and options closer to the launch date. We currently do not have a tentative release date.

You may subscribe to receive updates as they become available at https://secure.lexus.com/lexus/ssl/models/signup.do.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., or Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Sean McLaughlin
Lexus Customer Satisfaction
Old 05-08-14, 02:28 PM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by DPK
I received this message on May 1 (after Dreamlab's response) after voicing my interest in ML on the NX:

Thank you for contacting the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department. Your concern is important to Lexus, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts. We are dedicated to providing superior service. In circumstances that require our attention, we will assist in the resolution process.

We appreciate your interest in the Lexus NX.

We apologize as information on the NX is currently unavailable. Lexus will release information such as styling, specifications, features and options closer to the launch date. We currently do not have a tentative release date.

You may subscribe to receive updates as they become available at https://secure.lexus.com/lexus/ssl/models/signup.do.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., or Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Sean McLaughlin
Lexus Customer Satisfaction
No ML = No Sale for me.

I would go for a Q5 TDI with B&O.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread