NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-14, 10:29 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those wondering about the audio it looks like Mark Levinson Harman Karden will be the available.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-2015-lexus-nx

Does not say if it will be region specific. The standard in the RX is a 12 speaker Premium system. With the ML system posting 330 Watts I will guess about 1/2 that for the standard system.
Old 04-26-14, 10:35 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Wait until you drive it before you discount the motor guys. Not every 2.0 motor is going to feel equal. Have you driven the Cadillac ATS and CTS with their 2.0T? I have and I came away very impressed with the engine. Very smooth, refined, good power band with no turbo lag. Lexus can do this too, have some faith.
+1

I was surprised by the performance and the engine characteristics of the BMW X1 when the rental car company offered us the free upgrade.

The performance and driving experience also has something to do with how the transmission matches with the particular engine. For the NX, since the tranny is brand new, a test drive would be interesting.
Old 04-26-14, 11:52 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by wildeklave
For those wondering about the audio it looks like Mark Levinson Harman Karden will be the available.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-2015-lexus-nx

Does not say if it will be region specific. The standard in the RX is a 12 speaker Premium system. With the ML system posting 330 Watts I will guess about 1/2 that for the standard system.
its 835w for ML system, and thats for Australia (which is under Lexus Europe)... same press release from Harman Kardon says Europe and Asia. It is unlikely at this time that it will be released in the USA, at least for now.
Old 04-26-14, 09:34 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I have no experience with a pano roof and don't see any in my area. I'd be afraid it would be awful here in the Florida sun. I hardly ever open my moonroof in the RX as it is. I need A/C and shade. If I had the choice I wouldn't have got it. I don't like the way Toyota/Lexus packages their options. Why would the moonroof be included in the premium package with memory seats, Leather trim and folding mirrors? It should be a separate option.

I'm interested in the hybrid version and wondering why a solar roof wouldn't be offered like the Prius.
Not sure where in Florida you're at, but here in the Tampa Bay area I see tons of vehicles with pano-sunroofs; Ford Edge/Lincoln MKX's, Hyundai Sonata's/Kia Optima's, Mercedes Benz, C-Class and E-Class sedans, Audi Q5's, Toyota Venza's, Ford Escapes, Jeep Grand Cherokees. I think even the newest VW Beetle has at least a larger than normal sunroof for a two-door vehicle. They seem to be really becoming popular
Old 04-27-14, 07:08 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

EMSLEXUSRX,

That my be, in urban areas you can find everything from A to Z, good and bad. You didn't list the benefits of having one in a tropical climate. The summers here are brutal with thunderstorms every afternoon. I'm assuming you don't have one yet.

One thing to check before you get a pano roof would be to check with your insurance coverage. I've read some ins. co. don't cover the glass roofs under glass coverage like windshields. Also the glass companies aren't up to speed with replacements, so hope you don't crack one of these too soon. I wonder how they hold up if your caught in a hail storm?
Old 04-28-14, 08:13 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-28-14, 10:01 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Created to stand out in the city, the all-new NX crossover offers flexible space and superb comfort for up to five people. Powered by our latest Full Hybrid and petrol drivetrains, this breakthrough Lexus delivers smooth and agile handling combined with incredible environmental performance. Intuitive Lexus technology includes Touch Pad, a Panoramic View Monitor and Pre-Crash Safety. For a more dynamic experience, the new NX F SPORT has Adaptive Variable Suspension, 18-inch alloys, an F SPORT steering wheel and perforated leather sports seats.
Old 04-29-14, 06:53 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so excited for this! definitely keeping my eyes peeled.
Old 04-29-14, 06:53 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

In a surprise to no one, the IS will get the turbo engine next. The V6 in our IS is pretty lazy, so I really don't see it sticking around in the lineup unless Lexus sees a market for people who want less power and fuel economy.

At the 2014 Beijing Auto Show last week, Lexus unveiled its new NX compact crossover and confirmed that the base model for the U.S. would be a NX 200t powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. The engine, Lexus’s first turbo, will eventually make its way into other models from the Japanese brand, with the next recipient likely to be the IS sedan.

The new turbo engine musters up 235 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque in the NX 200t, and this output will likely be retained for the IS. What’s not clear is whether the turbo engine will replace the 2.5-liter V-6 currently offered as the base option in the IS or complement it.

As Motor Trend points out, Cadillac’s rival ATS sedan offers both a naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine and a turbo before upgrading to a V-6, so it’s possible Lexus may continue to offer both engine options in its IS. However, given the feeble 204 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque of the IS's V-6, we have to wonder how many sales it would make considering the performance and expected efficiency gains of the new turbo engine.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...d-engine-video
Old 04-29-14, 07:49 AM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Any worries about buying the FIRST Lexus Turbo? Other manufacturers have been tweaking and refining theirs for a few years now, Does Lexus get it right the first time or is it better to wait?
Old 04-29-14, 08:03 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreamlab
Any worries about buying the FIRST Lexus Turbo? Other manufacturers have been tweaking and refining theirs for a few years now, Does Lexus get it right the first time or is it better to wait?
Personally, I'd wait at least one model year, especially with the turbo engine. But I can see if someone needed/wanted a new car sooner, it wouldn't hurt to try the NX in it's 1st year.
Old 04-29-14, 08:13 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

It may be the first Lexus turbo, but it's not the first Toyota turbo. I wouldn't be too concerned, especially after reading about the amount of testing Toyota/Lexus has put it through already.
Old 04-29-14, 08:15 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreamlab
Buying a brand new car model with a brand new engine, what could possibly go wrong?

In all honesty though, if Lexus didn't have such a great track record for reliability I'd probably be worried. We already decided to give them a little time to work out any early production issues, and will probably wait until 2016 MY to buy.

Other than the Atkinson-Otto cycle switching there's nothing too crazy going on in the turbo. There are so many examples already on the market now that I think Lexus has the advantage of being able to sit back and see what type of turbo technology really suits their needs. I think the twin-scroll was the way to go, and just from their track record I expect they'll have played it safe with this engine. I'm sure there will be improvements, but I'm not expecting anything revolutionary. The engine should be free of any potential design flaws when it hits the market. (Unlike my TFSI )

Last edited by sg021; 04-29-14 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-29-14, 10:02 AM
LexFather

One of the reasons Lexus is late with turbos is to ensure they are reliable and up to Lexus expectations. For all the people on the internet that don't want a first year, consumers do and will buy it in droves initially. For those that want to wait that is fine.

If no one bought a first year model no one would ever buy a car
Old 04-29-14, 12:45 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

GREAT NEWS FOR USA BUYERS:

I contacted Lexus directly the other day and inquired specifically about the ML Stereo option being available in the US and this was my reply:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department. Your concern is important to Lexus, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts. We are dedicated to providing superior service. In circumstances that require our attention, we will assist in the resolution process.

I am happy to inform you that Mark Levinson Audio will be an available option for the NX. You may subscribe to receive updates on upcoming vehicles as they become available at https://secure.lexus.com/lexus/ssl/models/signup.do.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., or Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,
Sean McLaughlin
Lexus Customer Satisfaction

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread