NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-14, 04:11 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

BMW 40k miles is 4 service intervals, not 8... so essentially you are saving 1k extra.
NX will have 10k intervals like other new Lexi.

You were also talking about X1 before, not X3... Did you get to check X1 as well?

Loaded X3 xDrive28i is 55k. That is more expensive than RX, let alone what NX will be.
Old 02-15-14, 04:16 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

if you think bmw will cover the cost of all that extra mount and balancing of tires, you are wrong to assume that
Old 02-15-14, 04:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by dgsvt
Someone on here said the interior on the NX would be comparable to an ES350 or the next lower quality level sedan... The RX is very plain, but still nicer than the ES. Example would be fake plastic stitching on dash to imitate a real stitched dash.
The stitching on the ES is real, its not plastic. Its real stitched thread.

I think the RX and ES have very comparable interiors.
Old 02-15-14, 04:37 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The stitching on the ES is real, its not plastic. Its real stitched thread.

I think the RX and ES have very comparable interiors.
I expect nicer things from new RX, especially in term of design, as I dont expect them to price it higher than now (with same options)... at the same time, I expect NX to be interesting at least, but I dont expect it to be "really" high quality... we will see, as their design in evolving right now, and NX is built more for other markets than US.

But sure, if people expect GS or GX interior in NX, well, hah.
Old 02-15-14, 05:33 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

I expect materials and fit+finish like the IS:

A soft-touch Nuluxe section over the gauges, soft-touch plastics in the remaining upper dash, HVAC section, and upper middle portions of all doors. Of course, a padded center console arm-rest. Then hard plastics in the lower dash (like the glove box), console, and lower half of the doors beneath the arm-rest.

As for seating, Nuluxe as the standard material, and leather optional. Headliner, a velour finish like the IS, not "porous" vinyl/plastic like the CT.

NVH I expect it to be in between the IS and RX, but closer to this gen RX since the 4th Gen RX will be out in a year we can expect even better NVH among other things.

Ride comfort, I expect a touch softer than the IS, but a touch firmer than the RX. F-Sports will be firmer more like an RX F-Sport.

Wheels, I expect RAV4-like dimensions 225/65/17 or 235/55/18.

We'll see from pics in three weeks at the Geneva Autoshow (hopefully).
Old 02-15-14, 06:01 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I expect materials and fit+finish like the IS:

A soft-touch Nuluxe section over the gauges, soft-touch plastics in the remaining upper dash, HVAC section, and upper middle portions of all doors. Of course, a padded center console arm-rest. Then hard plastics in the lower dash (like the glove box), console, and lower half of the doors beneath the arm-rest.

As for seating, Nuluxe as the standard material, and leather optional. Headliner, a velour finish like the IS, not "porous" vinyl/plastic like the CT.

NVH I expect it to be in between the IS and RX, but closer to this gen RX since the 4th Gen RX will be out in a year we can expect even better NVH among other things.

Ride comfort, I expect a touch softer than the IS, but a touch firmer than the RX. F-Sports will be firmer more like an RX F-Sport.

Wheels, I expect RAV4-like dimensions 225/65/17 or 235/55/18.

We'll see from pics in three weeks at the Geneva Autoshow (hopefully).
i think so too, but i think for impression on quality, minor things matter as well, so lets hope that Lexus designer in charge of interior does this well.

Just the finish on some piece of plastic could make us think that interior is on another level (better or worse), even if it may cost the same as any other finish.

For instance, Corolla EU and Auris EU cost about the same, and with 2-3 tiny small changes and different finishes that probably cost exactly the same, they made Corolla look a lot nicer inside.

Also something to point out - this will be more expensive than base Highlander, yet Highlander has nice interior... I would be happy if it has same perception of quality as Highlander, just packaged into sportier and more interesting design and pieces of leather sprinkled more on important places...
Old 02-15-14, 07:12 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Also something to point out - this will be more expensive than base Highlander, yet Highlander has nice interior... I would be happy if it has same perception of quality as Highlander, just packaged into sportier and more interesting design and pieces of leather sprinkled more on important places...

Yeah, my gut tells me it will start in the US at $34K and $38K in Canada. I'm tempted to get the Highlander for the beautiful well crafted roomy, and well-thought out interior but it's just a few inches too big overall. My RX is my limit (188 in long /74 in wide) or it won't fit in my garage .

In terms of other predictions or more like expectations, based on the design, roofline, and predicted exterior dimensions of around 179-180 in and 72.5 in wide, I foresee the NX being a 90% RAV4 in interior dimensions because of its thicker doors and lower roofline especially at the rear:

32 cu ft behind the rear seats and an overall of 67 cu ft with seats folded. (Rav4 38/ 74; RX 40/80)
Leg room, about max 42in front, and 36in rear
Headroom 39 in front 38 rear. Shoulder room 56in front / 54in rear.

Fingers crossed.
Old 02-15-14, 07:12 PM
dgsvt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BMW 40k miles is 4 service intervals, not 8... so essentially you are saving 1k extra.
NX will have 10k intervals like other new Lexi.

You were also talking about X1 before, not X3... Did you get to check X1 as well?

Loaded X3 xDrive28i is 55k. That is more expensive than RX, let alone what NX will be.
I had never heard of the X1 before this thread. I was also unaware that BMW included maintenance in their pricing. The X3 I sat in was pretty loaded compared to the RX350. My RX has nav and parking sensors for 50K and this X3 had nav and parking sensors. The X3 had the 300 hp motor with the m sport option 19" wheels. I thought it was an X5. I'm thinking about the price. Where is this 50K price estimate for the NX coming from?

Again, I'm not complaining about my service or it's cost, but was surprised that it was included at all at BMW.

I just want this NX to blow the competition away like the IS350 did in 2006.
Old 02-15-14, 07:22 PM
dgsvt
Driver

You will not get GS interior in NX just you dont get it in X1/X3/Q1/Q3

GX seems like much better choice at $50k
You brought up the X1 / X3...and that sent me to the BMW website to price them out.
Old 02-15-14, 07:24 PM
dgsvt
Driver

I like it, but the power is a little disappointing and the price at 45-50k seems high compared to the Evoque, x3 and q5. The rx is 50k with navigation. This NX better have top quality materials everywhere and feel special or else it's going to be hard to sell at 50k.
This is just how I feel.
Old 02-15-14, 07:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The X3 I sat in was pretty loaded compared to the RX350. My RX has nav and parking sensors for 50K and this X3 had nav and parking sensors. The X3 had the 300 hp motor with the m sport option 19" wheels.
If it had all that equipment it wasn't $50k.
Old 02-15-14, 08:23 PM
dgsvt
Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
If it had all that equipment it wasn't $50k.
I didn't see the window sticker on the m sport. Salesman said 50. I did look at the one for the 2.0 and that was 43k.

Just looked up that x3 on their site and it's 56k.

Last edited by dgsvt; 02-15-14 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-15-14, 08:46 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I expect all future lexus cars to have some sort of stitched dash. If the new CLA priced at 30K can have soft vinyl covering on the dash, then so can Lexus cars priced higher.
Old 02-16-14, 03:22 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Where is this 50K price estimate for the NX coming from?
If I recall correctly this was one poster's conversion from a Euro estimate early on in this thread. There has been no evidence since to substantiate it.
Old 02-16-14, 05:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RXSF
I expect all future lexus cars to have some sort of stitched dash. If the new CLA priced at 30K can have soft vinyl covering on the dash, then so can Lexus cars priced higher.
And so far all the new Lexus cars do...

Just looked up that x3 on their site and it's 56k
$56k is a lot more than $50k. $56k can buy you a lot of other vehicles bigger and more desirable than an X3 IMHO.

Thats always my issue with BMW, once you option them up with things typically found on a Lexus or in very accessible options on a Lexus they are a lot more. Take the 535...my luxury package AWD GS right at $60k. When you factor in it has upgraded leather, multi contour seats, adjustable suspension...it comes to $71,125. Sure you can get a 535 that is priced similarly to my GS...but you loose a LOT of features.

Last edited by SW17LS; 02-16-14 at 06:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread