NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-14, 04:19 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

The press release and C&D are only making an association with the F-Sport to the 200t for the US market (which would also extend to Canada IMO).

Press release:
"The U.S. market will offer the NX 200t turbo and NX 300h hybrid. The NX 200t F SPORT will also be available with unique exterior and interior features."

C&D:
"Front- and all-wheel drive will be available with both powertrains, and Lexus will also offer a sportified F Sport version of the NX200t."

This looks like it will mimic the RX F-Sport /350/450h separate global availability all over again. Europe and other parts of the Eastern world will likely be getting the hybrid F-Sport.
Old 04-11-14, 04:26 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

All I can say is...WOW!
I love it!
Old 04-11-14, 04:42 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is gonna be three different types of grill obviously: Base (with 1/3 bottom of the grill intruded ), Hybrid (all extruded with bars and mesh combo) and F-Sport (all extruded with all mesh)
Old 04-11-14, 04:57 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks interesting.

Not yet sure if I would ever buy it (personally).........but it does look interesting
Old 04-11-14, 04:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

non-f-sport looks great, a lot better than in every other car where I find F-Sport a must have.
Old 04-11-14, 04:59 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

this shot also shows richness of the interior....
Old 04-11-14, 05:04 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf

non-f-sport looks great, a lot better than in every other car where I find F-Sport a must have.
I'd go non F-Sport if the luxury items are set up like the GS.I like luxury over sport.

Any word on pricing?
Old 04-11-14, 05:11 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

i saw in some other pics that F-Sport also had Shimamoku dark wood option... layers of leather on dash, leather on transmission tunnel, leather on doors... i like it.
Old 04-11-14, 05:19 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i saw in some other pics that F-Sport also had Shimamoku dark wood option... layers of leather on dash, leather on transmission tunnel, leather on doors... i like it.
Love the dark wood and hoping that's available and not just the silver painted or faux CF plastic. I believe the "leather dash" is Nuluxe, but still very rich looking! Speaking of which, they clearly went after the Evoque in some of the styling and materials of the dash, i.e. the "leather", stitching, painted silver trim, and angle. Nice!!!
Attached Thumbnails Official Lexus NX thread-evoque1.jpg   Official Lexus NX thread-nxint1.jpg  
Old 04-11-14, 05:24 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Lexus NX fully revealed with three powertrains and AWD option

Debuts on April 20 in Beijing

Lexus has officially revealed the 2015 NX crossover, following yesterday's partial leak.

While the concepts which previewed the production model had a rather controversial design, the car that will end up in showrooms looks more refined and evolved yet manages to be less conservative than segment competitors. Up front there's the large corporate spindle grille flanked by slender headlights and strips of LED daytime running lights.

It has received flared wheel arches hosting 17-inch alloy wheels on the standard model and larger 18-inch rims in the F SPORT derivative. At the back there are L-shaped combination lamps equipped with LED technology along with a pair of chromed exhaust pipes. We also notice a sloping roofline and an overall angular design similar to other recent models wearing Lexus' badge.

On the inside they used a combination between soft materials and hard metallic surfaces along with implementing wireless charging capabilities and a head-up display. There's also an information screen incorporating a G-force sensor and an updated Lexus Remote Touch Interface equipped with a touchpad.

Motorization will be provided by a naturally-aspirated engine in the base NX 200, followed by a new 2.0-liter turbo in the NX 200t and a hybrid variant in the NX 300h. These engines will be coupled to either a standard front-wheel drive setup or an optional AWD arrangement.

The 2015 Lexus NX production version will be introduced on April 20 at the Beijing Motor Show.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11404117...owertrains-and
Old 04-11-14, 05:28 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2015 Lexus NX Gets Three Engine Options including a First-Ever Turbo [50 Photos]

Following a series of leaked photos, Lexus has finally unveiled the all-new NX compact crossover ahead of its debut at the Beijing Auto Show later this month. Besides the edgy design, which is not a surprise anymore, the NX debuts Lexus’ first-ever turbocharged gasoline engine, in the NX 200t.

Other engine options, (including for the U.S.) will be a naturally-aspirated NX 200 and the NX 300h hybrid. Lexus hasn’t offered performance and output details about any of the engines, but said each will be offered with a choice of front and all-wheel drive.

Positioned below the RX, the NX is the fourth vehicle in Lexus’ luxury utility vehicle lineup. With a design influenced by the Lexus LF-NX concepts, the NX is a fresh take on the compact luxury crossover and will compete against the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Mercedes-Benz GLK, among others.

Although it is prone to controversy, I believe the design of the NX is original and will make the car recognizable. The aggressively-shaped bodywork features the brand’s signature spindle grille, sharp LED headlamps with boomerang-shaped daytime running lights and pronounced wheel arches that can house standard 17-inch or available 18-inch wheels.The Lexus NX 200t you see in the photos wears an F-Sport aero kit which makes it look even more aggressive and sportier.

On the inside, the NX combines hard metallic surfaces and contrasting soft materials, with the dominating feature being the strong, center silver frame that surrounds and defines the center console. The Human Machine Interface (HMI) technology located at the bottom of the center stack adds a high-tech feel to the cabin. Lexus says the seats are placed lower than in similar vehicles, with the low hip point helping the driver feel more connected to the vehicle and contributing to a bigger headroom.

The carmaker says the NX features a series of innovative technologies, including an available Lexus-first Wireless Charging Tray to enable a mobile phone to be charged. Other available gadgets includes the first application of a new Lexus Remote Touch Interface with a touch pad, as well as a Multi-information Display that includes a Lexus-first G sensor and boost meter, Heads-Up Display, All-speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control and Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/201...e-options.html
Old 04-11-14, 05:31 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Old 04-11-14, 05:31 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Talking Damn She's Sexy!!! The New Lexus NX, F-Sport of Course!!

Happy Friday all! first, moderator, please don't move thread, i wanted to get opinions from my IS fan base.

now, on with the thread.. I never really pay much attention to SUVs..i'm a sporty kind of guy and need that sporty feel. thats why i got the IS over the GS and over an SUV. however as i soon become a family man, i wonder if its that time--to give up the IS and go for the SUV, particularly looking at the new Lexus NX. Of course, i'll still get the F Sport. I still need some of that sporty feel, its in my blood! but you have to admit, this thing doesn't look too bad!

so, whether you're a family man or not, suv lover or not, let me know what your impressions, thoughts, criticisms, compliments are of the new Lexus NX F Sport.

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/n...0t-f-sport.php

Last edited by AdvanSLF; 04-11-14 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-11-14, 05:42 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 583 Likes on 402 Posts

Call me crazy, but I actually like the hybrid looks over the F-Sport. I really like those horizontal slats vs. the mesh
Old 04-11-14, 05:42 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

From what I'm seeing and reading here, I like this NX a lot! Inside and out I'm impressed and feel it has just the right blend of sport and luxury. Final piece of the puzzle is 'how does it drive?' but based on other recent cars by Lexus I'm certain it will be all good.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread