NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-14, 01:18 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
it does bring another point - in today's internet world, everyone expects everything to be new all the time.... while typical major engine design lasts at least 2 vehicle generations (with updates).
Basically a decade per powertrain generation though that's not written in stone. Sometimes just updates for an extended period of time.
Old 04-10-14, 01:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

did you sit in one already? i heard they invited journos from europe to photoshoots, same in US?
yes, we were able to spend some time on the car taking pictures, including sitting inside and playing with some of the gadgets (huge!). very honored to be invited and it was some great chat with lexus people too!!

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Oh no, NuLuxe is great, best in the industry vs say MBtex and even BMW Dakota leather if you ask me, butter soft and wears well. My point was geared towards console plastics.
oh yeah, lightyears better than the mb and bmw version of "fake leather". the nuluxe is incredible and yes, i fully agree that it gives the car a lot more richness and a more welcoming / luxurious dash design. i absolutely love it
Old 04-10-14, 01:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yes, we were able to spend some time on the car taking pictures, including sitting inside and playing with some of the gadgets (huge!). very honored to be invited and it was some great chat with lexus people too!!

oh yeah, lightyears better than the mb and bmw version of "fake leather". the nuluxe is incredible and yes, i fully agree that it gives the car a lot more richness and a more welcoming / luxurious dash design. i absolutely love it
thats just so awesome... if you loved it, i will be thrilled with it :-).

Better write some personal impressions for 8 PM /5 AM :P
Old 04-10-14, 01:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

p.s. do we get engine spec in the PR?
Old 04-10-14, 01:34 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

it does bring another point - in today's internet world, everyone expects everything to be new all the time.... while typical major engine design lasts at least 2 vehicle generations (with updates).
No doubt, but seeing the Camry hybrid struggle in comparison test vs. the newer Fusion and Accord (despite their inflated MPG figures) had me a bit concerned about putting a relatively long in the tooth engine in a new car
Old 04-10-14, 01:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

thats just so awesome... if you loved it, i will be thrilled with it :-).

Better write some personal impressions for 8 PM /5 AM :P
personally i am very impressed with the car. granted, we could not drive the car so that's still big part of the equation unanswered, but the car itself i think is great. there are things to be improved of course, but thinking about the segment and competitors, i think the nx is a HUGE option.

most importantly, looking at a lot of the entry level cars, you see a lot of corners being cut just so the car can fit the bill for most while retaining the badge. but with the nx, i don't have that feeling. i am not saying it's all LS/LX materials, but i didn't feel it as being a step down from the rx
Old 04-10-14, 01:44 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is AWD available for this model? Hope it is.
Old 04-10-14, 01:49 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Allen K
No doubt, but seeing the Camry hybrid struggle in comparison test vs. the newer Fusion and Accord (despite their inflated MPG figures) had me a bit concerned about putting a relatively long in the tooth engine in a new car
did it actually struggle? I didn't see any comparo with Accord since it is all new model, but with fusion it was about the same mpg but more power? Maybe i missed that comparo?
Old 04-10-14, 01:50 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

another pic of the back... apreantly, embargo might lift at midnight in Europe, so lets see.
Old 04-10-14, 01:58 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

did it actually struggle? I didn't see any comparo with Accord since it is all new model, but with fusion it was about the same mpg but more power? Maybe i missed that comparo?
Mainly referring to a comparo that Edmunds had. Granted, it wasn't a beatdown, but the engine/batteries definitely showed their age

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/fusion-h...ison-test.html
Old 04-10-14, 01:59 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

another pic of the back... apreantly, embargo might lift at midnight in Europe, so lets see.
I'm digging the red interiors that Lexus has been using
Old 04-10-14, 02:07 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by zema
Loving the zig-zag profile! Are those two screws I see on the side of the console?
Old 04-10-14, 02:19 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zema
Thanks! In the future please link to the source, which often has more pics, which is the case here (full frontal shot in a tiny frame).

Last edited by ydooby; 04-10-14 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-10-14, 02:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Looks promising, can't wait to see CL's pics!
Old 04-10-14, 02:49 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Allen K
Mainly referring to a comparo that Edmunds had. Granted, it wasn't a beatdown, but the engine/batteries definitely showed their age

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/fusion-h...ison-test.html
didnt see that, thanks! I used to follow them when they just came out, now they are old so i dont care anymore. CR rated them in their tests as 39 vs 38, with Camry being 1s faster to 60. Fueleconomy.gov has them about the same with reports from 200 users overall. Fuelly has them roughly about the same with around 500 cars total tracked. Camry has larger engine though, and starts quite lower as well so they dont so some more expensive aero tricks that Ford/Honda do.

Lexus version is very similar engine, "just" has D4S which gives it another 20hp plus decreases the consumption of the engine by 7-8%. Lion batteries are the least influence of it all, they dont touch the mpg in noticeable way... I guess that if they did Camry with D4S, it would get same mpg in same test (without any changes to rest of the car), while being 1.5s or more faster to 60 than Fusion.

So I would not be too worried about NX300h.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread